Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Why do they need to destroy it? Why can they not extend past Casy's Jnr Railway where the giant green gates are ?

That could be due to traffic flow reasons, when Belle's Christmas Village is constructed that whole area is shut off, that would mean their super-duper area would be blocked off and that wouldn't make much sense.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"That could be due to traffic flow reasons, when Belle's Christmas Village is constructed that whole area is shut off, that would mean their super-duper area would be blocked off and that wouldn't make much sense.
Yeah, and it's not really Disney's style to have one narrow road leading to one land without any other ways to go. Though some Toon Towns are a bit like that.

Fantasyland Station as a gate to Toon Town... hmmm, would be nice too.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteNO, NO, NO! the california version is the badest of them all! If they should make a pooh ride, that's not the tokyo one, build the florida/hong kong version instead! So much better :D!

Well I guess everyone has its own taste.  I preferred the one in California.  :)

Me too. Although to be honest, there is very little difference to me between the WDW and DL versions, though DL has a nicer and shorter queue. Personally though, I would not want to see money wasted on a Pooh attraction at DLP, but I am biased because I hate him and his friends sooooo much. I would honestly rather watch Hanna Montana, and that is saying something.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Personally though, I would not want to see money wasted on a Pooh attraction at DLP, but I am biased because I hate him and his friends sooooo much. I would honestly rather watch Hanna Montana, and that is saying something.

:shock:  :o How can you hate Pooh?

:wink:

luke85

I performed at the Fantasy Festival Stage with my college choir in 2004, and it was such a great experience! While I think people have enjoyed this theatre over the years, i think a bit of rejuvenation in that area of Fantasyland will be so much better for the park!

Also, as much as I love Pooh, I think to have the Little Mermaid attraction in this space would be a great addition!

TowMater

I know 3 things what would do, Extend it, Tinker Bell Meet 'N' Greet & Little Mermaid all in one building.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

djdisney

Quote from: "Owain"So, i just went on google earth and print screened some of fantasyland and backstage.

In red i circled what i thought could be the exspansion area.

And in black i circled buildings or other things behind the station.

Does anybody no what they are ?

Quoting what was said above,

Those buildings behing the Fantasy Festival Stage is the dressing rooms for the performers because i performed there with my theatre schooll in 2002 and it hasnt changed since. :)

Kristof

The structure at the bottom were used to launch the fireworks.

Aaron

Quote from: "Kristof"The structure at the bottom were used to launch the fireworks.
And they still use it for big fireworks displays such as the 14th of July

Jaber

Sorry if posted before, I'm new to this forum and don't really know where to post this, so, I hope it's the right place  :)

many concepts, pics and and a video of the ride here,
thanks to this amazing blog

//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/05/disneyland-paris-little-mermaid.html

Nala_84

That's some amazing pics, I've never seen any sketches of the Little Mermaid ride before :)! I didn't read through this long text, but it isn't already official for the ride to come true, is it?!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Jaber

Quote from: "Nala_84"That's some amazing pics, I've never seen any sketches of the Little Mermaid ride before :)! I didn't read through this long text, but it isn't already official for the ride to come true, is it?!

I think it's really gonna happen  [-o<

luke85

I really hope this does happen one day  [-o<

I'd also love to see the Beauty and the Beast AA show realised too, that was be an amazing addition to the park, and something unique for DLP!

dagobert

Isn't this attraction rumoured to be built behind the Fantasyland Train Station??

I really hope that it gets built. A new dark ride for DLRP would be great.

Willow

Its rumoured, that The Little Mermaid will go behind the Fantasyland Station, alongside a Winnie the Pooh dark ride.

It will happen, Disney loves to clone rides.