Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Just a quick question ... are they building the giant Buzz or was that just for the concept deisgn. Cause a 20ft Buzz would be sweet !!

Kristof

Quote from: "JelleP"that it won't be just strange grass blades made out of fiberglass...

There won't be any fake grass, it will all be very very very tall bamboo.  (VERY)  And they kept a number of trees that will hide RC Racer better.

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Just a quick question ... are they building the giant Buzz or was that just for the concept deisgn. Cause a 20ft Buzz would be sweet !!

Yes, the Buzz statue will serve as the main entrance to the land (the barrel from Barrel of Monkeys will be the second).  It will be 3 metres tall (but I don't think that includes the toy blocks he's standing on).

JelleP

@The Butlin Boy; if TSPL is going to look like the third picture in your link, then it isn't that bad at all! :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Magicboy

I had heared on some conection opening April 2010 and othere Summer 2010.
which is right ?

Willow

As far as I know the official line from Disney has been Summer 2010.

Kristof

Quote from: "Magicboy"I had heared on some conection opening April 2010 and othere Summer 2010.
which is right ?

Late August 2010.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Just a quick question ... are they building the giant Buzz or was that just for the concept deisgn. Cause a 20ft Buzz would be sweet !!

Yes, the Buzz statue will serve as the main entrance to the land (the barrel from Barrel of Monkeys will be the second).  It will be 3 metres tall (but I don't think that includes the toy blocks he's standing on).

3 meters, is that all. I was hoping for something grander in scale. 3 meters is the height of a Na'vi in Avatar. 30 meters ....... now you're talking.

lil-shawn

QuoteLate August 2010.

Are you sure that it is late August?
I think it's bussines technically and strategically stupid ...

some of you don´t like the Attractions from TSPL, but I think those are the first to take the toy soldiers parachute drop, to make pictures of the expansion of the WDS  :lol:

Anthony

Late August is very, uhm, late. The first months of the NGF are going to be very dull.

Quote from: "lil-shawn"some of you don´t like the Attractions from TSPL, but I think those are the first to take the toy soldiers parachute drop, to make pictures of the expansion of the WDS  :lol:
If Ratatouille is greenlit, we'll be doing a lot of toy soldier training!

Anyway, came here to post this quote from MiceAge:
QuoteWorld of Color is promising to remake the entire operation of DCA. In order to create a suitable atmosphere for the heartstring-tugging show Steve Davison has created, every Paradise Pier attraction except Midway Mania is going to be cycled out, shut down and silenced before the show begins. They may even have to close Midway Mania if the wandering and frustrated crowds overwhelm that modest attraction that only handles 1,000 riders per hour.
Now lets add up the official capacities of the TSPL attractions: 600 (RC Racer) + 874 (Slinky Dog Spin) + 720 (Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop) = 2194.

So for (surely) less than half the price, WDS is technically getting more than twice the capacity of Midway Mania.

Just thought that was interesting...

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "lil-shawn"
QuoteLate August 2010.

Are you sure that it is late August?
I think it's bussines technically and strategically stupid ...

some of you don´t like the Attractions from TSPL, but I think those are the first to take the toy soldiers parachute drop, to make pictures of the expansion of the WDS  :lol:

On my email reply that disneyland paris sent me they said that toy story playland will open in june b4 summer 2010 begins like they promised:D

Willow

I remember reading somewhere that there was a rumour that construction was 2 months behind schedule, which would make sense as the August date mentioned by Kristof is around 2 months after the originally rumoured opening date of June.

I think it should be open in March/June, to make next years theme more worthwhile. However, as DLRP is open all year its not as big of a deal that the attraction isn't opening until late. (Most other theme parks open their attractions in Spring)

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Willow"I remember reading somewhere that there was a rumour that construction was 2 months behind schedule, which would make sense as the August date mentioned by Kristof is around 2 months after the originally rumoured opening date of June.

I think it should be open in March/June, to make next years theme more worthwhile. However, as DLRP is open all year its not as big of a deal that the attraction isn't opening until late. (Most other theme parks open their attractions in Spring)

Gd point Willow...lets just hope it opens in june... Well from the looks of things the construction is going fast:D maybe in april we will have an idea....lets hope so;)

experiment627

Quote from: "Anthony"Now lets add up the official capacities of the TSPL attractions: 600 (RC Racer) + 874 (Slinky Dog Spin) + 720 (Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop) = 2194.

Interesting observation. Thanks for pointing this out.

Toy Story Playland will probably not be much of an attendance driver at the Studios (at least not once the novelty has worn of a bit).

So, even with the low capacity of each individual ride, could these additions actually ease up the overall wait times at the park?

Donald-Duck-Malta

Lets just pray that it opens in the beggining of july 2010 for my visit....:D

Disneydavid

i think that i will shoot some videomatrial this weeknd :)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!