Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"Don't always believe what tour guides say.  When I did the WDS tour, the tour guide said he found most of his information on a website called WDSfans.com  :lol:
Haha! How did you reply to that? :lol:

Willow

Based on the model currently on show at the D23 Expo Toy Story Playland looks a bit, erm... boring, doesn't it?  :P

http://img25.yfrog.com/img25/8618/hkds.jpg

luke85

Quote from: "Willow"Based on the model currently on show at the D23 Expo Toy Story Playland looks a bit, erm... boring, doesn't it?  :P

http://img25.yfrog.com/img25/8618/hkds.jpg
It certainly looks a bit bare haha!

QTXAdsy

Yep. :lol:  
Not much it looks like in that area. :roll:

Here Come The Belgians!

Kristof

The original Toy Story Playland themed model was moved to Paris earlier this year.

penfold12

Hat model is HKDL right? One thing it does make you realise is the height of the attractions compared with the other new lands there ....

davewasbaloo

Agreed. Going from left to right, you have a mountain with a highly themed western environment, then an interesting Manor house in the forest, then standing as tall if not taller are some carnival rides that will have giant cartoon rubbish around them.

And people wonder why I am sooooo angry about this? Why I have let my AP lapse for the first time in 10 years? This is one of the worst things Disney has designed since Mickey Starland in Florida (with the possible exception of Chester and Hesters or the Boardwalk at DCA)
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

As someone on MiceChat said about that photo - it just shows how late Toy Story Land was added to their project. They haven't even had chance to add any of the colour or trees. Very weird.

Seriously, don't base your expectations on this.

davewasbaloo

I'm not, after 30+ years of pouring over concept art, taking part in focus groups, and seeing what Disney can do. I knew TSPL would be rubbish before it opened, just like I knew Crush would be a nightmare, and ToT at WDSP would work out great!
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

From WDSfans:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Naming the attractions
Posted by Kristof on Thursday, September 10 2009

The official names of the three Toy Story Playland attractions will be:

Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop

RC Racer

Slinky Dog's Zig-Zag Spin
Nothing surprising really. I think all three of them could have been a little more creative, but I suppose the quality of the names matches the quality of the land.........

I don't like the last one, surely Slinky Dog's Zig-Zag Spin is much harder to say than Crush's Turtle Twister?? :lol:

RnRCj

...and now I've found something else - mouetto at Disney Central Plaza has posted the first visuals of the land:

Once again, terrible visuals. :( They look as if they were made by 12 year olds learning how to use Photoshop in an IT class.

Gareth

i think the visulas look great and colourfull just what WDS needs and i think is the rc race ride tack is green then its gunna look fine cant wait till next year to see how this is turns out :D and i also hope it rings some new photo ops and chatacters to the studios :D:D:D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

luke85

Oh my. I can't get over how poor these visuals are? Particularly the first one! I think the parachute drop poster is the "best" of the 3, but the other 2 are bad.

It's really not hard to make a decent visual in Photoshop, or any other software.

RnRCj

Quote from: "luke85"I think the parachute drop poster is the "best" of the 3, but the other 2 are bad.
The parachute one does look best but is ruined by the out of place Buzz and Woody. Why do they need to be there?

I forgot to mention the bright green halfpipe track with bare purple supports. That's gonna look great on the WDS skyline. :sick:

Disney should be embarrassed by this mess.

DLP-Photos.com

Wow - bad, bad, bad visuals (I still hold a small hope that the land will look better), but I agree that the Parachute Drop visual is the best - by far! Without Woody and Buzz that one would have been perfect in my opinion
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]