Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

Quote from: "Anthony"Side note: Toilets... I saw a poor parent get pretty stressed in the Crush queue that the nearest toilets were the other side of Studio 1 or behind Art of Disney... imagine walking back from that kids play area in the plan to the nearest place. (Not that it'll matter, because there's nowhere to buy food, of course..)
Don't forget the restrooms at Art of Disney Animation. ;)

Filip

What i just dont get is how they are going to hide the terrible backstage/expansion area from the half pipe riders. Probably they will not...

Remco K.

Quote from: "Filip"What i just dont get is how they are going to hide the terrible backstage/expansion area from the half pipe riders. Probably they will not...
With Toy Story Playland they're only expanding the ugly backstage area, so they don't need to hide it... ;)

Disneydavid

You know , I wonder how long it will go on with the replacements of the Studio Tram Tour. I hope that they will make a bridge or something if they ever want to expend more.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Whoknew?

i hope they're pushing back the tram tour station somewhen to further extend the hollywood blvd...

ontopic, the map looks nice, i think it will become a quiet nice place to go, with winding paths and high trees. what a pity that for now there not going to be some more buildings there...

Joseph Carter

I really do not want carnival rides, "themed up" with Toy Story decor. In my opinion it is lame, cheap and uninspiring. I truly believe (after riding it in September) that WDS would benifit from Toy Story Mania or a similar indoor ride in the toon studios. People pay big bucks ( I mean Euros :) ) to visit Disney Parks because they expect the very best in ride tecnology and theming, and that is what they should recieve. If people want to go on a half pipe or spinning ride they will visit a local fairground or lesser themed park.  
After the WDS openend they realised they would need more rides, and they added some fantastic rides like Tower of Terror etc. Now they should continue with the same level of ride experience. Just remember Walt had the idea for Disneyland when he was fed up with Fairground atmosphere and rides.
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

Willow

Toy Story (Midway) Mania will make an appearance soon.
After all, its only a few screens and a big building. Most of the cost would have gone into development.

The Butlin Boy

RnRCj

No - that's the theming!

:lol:

lil-shawn

QuoteNo - that's the theming!

wow i´m impressed how good they themed the rides,
i never thought it would be that massive  =D>  :lol:

Disneydavid

Wow! Goofy about MUD! But yeah, I find it a good understatement and i say it too..... MUD!!!!!

Its the beginning of an already build attraction; are some of you familiar with Buzz Lightyear Lazerblast. Well , the extra's are just 3Dglasses , another theme and Mr Potatohead who replaces Buzz Lightyear...

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

penfold12

Quote from: "Disneydavid"Wow! Goofy about MUD! But yeah, I find it a good understatement and i say it too..... MUD!!!!!

Its the beginning of an already build attraction; are some of you familiar with Buzz Lightyear Lazerblast. Well , the extra's are just 3Dglasses , another theme and Mr Potatohead who replaces Buzz Lightyear...

This isnt "Toy Story Mania"!! This is something different, Toy Story Playland, the attractions are listed if you read back

Owain

Quote from: "RnRCj"No - that's the theming!

:lol:

I can see that throughout the next few months of construction there are going to be alot of these jokes !  :lol:

Magicalmouse125

This could be interesting. Is the oh so great pile of mud actually for the playland. Or is it actually for something else
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"This could be interesting. Is the oh so great pile of mud actually for the playland. Or is it actually for something else

It's just where they're clearing the area to prepare for the construction of the new land :)