Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

No, none of the three Toy Story Playland rides have Disney's FASTPASS. I would imagine they're too low capacity to ever get it.

Anthony

Art of Disney's new TSPL shield looks rather smart from this angle at least:

Source

Nice how it appears to continue on from the other side of the hat.

dagobert

I really appreciate that Disney tries to hide the ugly green tower, but it also shows that WDI didn't think in the first place about the intrusion.
A few years ago such things didn't happen. Back then it wasn't necessary to think about an attraction or a land AFTER it was built.
At least you can't see the green tower anymore from the Disney Bros. Plaza. Now WDI has to hide TSPL so that you can't see it anymore from TOT or Hollywood Blvd.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"At least you can't see the green tower anymore from the Disney Bros. Plaza. Now WDI has to hide TSPL so that you can't see it anymore from TOT or Hollywood Blvd.
Yeah, I'm still interested if/how that'll ever happen. It'd take something really tall on around the site of the old Studio Tram Tour fastpass to hide it from in front of Tower of Terror. I guess it won't happen until the boulevard expands? Long wait for that! :?

DopeyDad

I heard they're going to build a giant 60m tall Buzz to cover it  :^o

ed-uk

I heard they're going to build a gaint 60m tall Woody to cover it, they couldn't have more than one Buzz.
Ed & David

DopeyDad

The Woody will come later.....to cover the Buzz

dagobert

On the Toy Story 3 BluRay Disc is a Making Of TSPL in WDS. John Lasseter and other Imagineers are talking about the land.

Martyn

Just Bluray, or normal DVD too?

guest3474

Quote from: "Martyn"Just Bluray, or normal DVD too?

DVD too Martyn. It's on the last page of the special features after the Pixar cartoons and 'Making of' Documentaries.  :)

Martyn

I checked the special features on the backs of the cases in Asda the other day.... no mention of TSPL at all!

Anthony

Don't they always just list the annoying games on the back anyway? It's not a major feature really, though it is a nice surprise and very welcome. Great to see the Imagineers and Pixar guys talking about something at Disneyland Paris for once. Some new bits of concept art I'd never seen before in there, one which had an alternate name for the land... can't remember it now. And of course John Lasseter actually on tape saying the words "the second gate, the Studios park in Paris". Sometimes you just think it's not on their radar.

Why haven't DLP released a promo video like this? Or just this exact one. Cut out the mention of Hong Kong and it'd go great on their YouTube channel, or Facebook, or on the resort TV channel. Too much like good publicity I guess.

I actually saw Chrissie Allen (Senior Show Producer) who's in the video at the side of the opening ceremony, getting lots of congratulations from the others. She worked on the original WDS attractions too. Fun to see the end of the journey after lots of hard work. In fact, that's one thing the video misses - shots of the finished land, which I think actually looks much better than the concepts. I guess they didn't have time before the DVDs were made.

Anthony

Here are some screencaps:

It looks like Hong Kong will have Woody and/or Rex at the entrance of the land. Or maybe both, since it'll have two.

I wonder whether that name was considered for Paris or Hong Kong?

CafeFantasia

Annoyingly this Making of Toy Story Playland feature doesn't appear on the Blu-ray rental version of Toy Story 3. Pity, as that's the one I have :-)

Martyn

QuoteIt looks like Hong Kong will have Woody and/or Rex at the entrance of the land. Or maybe both, since it'll have two.

They could well have been original plans for our TSPL.

Also, are they advertising TSPL before the DVD menu? Like they did with ToT?