Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Buzz Lightyear wishes you a Happy New Year!
[youtube:2319dwr7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwyUcw0iAY[/youtube:2319dwr7]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

svenneke1

The RC Racer photolocation is now completely removed.

source: cafemickey

Anthony

About time, thanks for the update!

So what could the space be used for?

I'd love to see a giant die-cast version of a Pizza Planet truck parked up there (or maybe crashed into the landscaping) to continue the Hot Wheels cars theme of RC Racer, with drinks being sold out the back similar to the Main Street Deliveries truck and Hollywood Blvd ice cream van.

(I don't mean the Cars version, that's just the only diecast available)

Something as fun as that won't happen though, we'll just get to look at those lovely riot barriers for the next 5 years.

Martyn

^ Great idea Anthony. But yeah, that Cars version is a no no.

15MagicalYears

I love that idea, although I have a horrible feeling they'll just leave that as dead space.

DLP-Photos.com

Just thought I would share some photos of Toy Story Playland with a little fake tilt-shift :)

It is so obvious for this effect to be used here that I cannot believe more official advertising has used it (that would be true tilt-shift though ;))

These are just quickly made - think about what could be achieved with a tilt-shift lens and some professionals :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

CafeFantasia

Apologies if this has been posted before, but the French version of Google Maps (which obviously isn't anywhere near as good as Google Maps) has some satellite images of the Toy Story Playland site.

Here's a screenshot I took. Right-click it and open the image in a new tab/window to see the full resolution version.

Martyn

I think they shoud have more character models dotted around TSPL. Some area's just feel a little empty, especially where the little RC used to be. A large talking Hamm in its place would be fab. Same with that domino wall, there's just nothing there, stick a Mr Potato head there!

LittleMonster

Quote from: "Martyn"I think they shoud have more character models dotted around TSPL. Some area's just feel a little empty, especially where the little RC used to be. A large talking Hamm in its place would be fab. Same with that domino wall, there's just nothing there, stick a Mr Potato head there!

Martyn

^ Why do you keep quoting people, but not saying anything yourself? :|

pussinboots

Goodness me, is this place depressing. It looks alright in pictures, but in real life all you see are these huge carnival rides. The illusion doesn't work at all. I hope it's just the lack of foliage at the moment...

davewasbaloo

Yep, I still stand by my assertion that is was a poor management decision to waste their money on this section (hmmm, fenced in or subtracted decore, floor being redone on parachutes, attractions closed due to bad weather, kids being disappointed they cannot ride RC Racer). Hmmmm, all my profecies of a couple of years ago came true. see, you do not have to wait and see, and if you do it is too late. That is what concept art is all about. Lessons learned?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Hmmmm, all my profecies of a couple of years ago came true. see, you do not have to wait and see, and if you do it is too late. That is what concept art is all about. Lessons learned?

I wouldn't count on that. Now there are many years of bad management and it doesn't seem that this will stop soon. Toons are still added all over the resort.

davewasbaloo

No, I don't mean from Disney. But hopefully the fan community. Then rather than getting all excited by such rubbish, we can make our voices heard before they strike ground.

A great example of this working was when the Fantasyland expansion was announced for WDW, all those meet and greets planned were booed and hissed about, people wrote letters etc. They went back to the drawing board and changed the plan and now they are building the new Snow White Mine Car Coaster instead. There was concept art launched, people could see what it meant, channeled their concerns, Disney changed the plans, a lot more (though not everyone) is happier.

If we had all done the same, instead of me getting threatened by people for voicing my opinion 2 years before opening, then maybe TSPL would not have been built or had been altered. This is why I hope a lesson has been learned, though I doubt it. In fact I am sure people will either ignore this post or come back with some defence of the mouse on this one.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

I think even if fans would have complained to Disney, I still think that TSPL would have been built. I also think that it helped a lot to change the FL plans, since there was a management change at WD Parks & Resorts. If Tom Staggs would have been appointed earlier, maybe there would have been a chance to alter TSPL. And since John Lasseter was also involved heavily in TSPL, I doubt that it would have been changed.

If I'm not mistaken when WDI announced the plans for FL at the D23 EXPO, people weren't very happy and complained already during the presentation. The Imagineers must have felt shameful. Such events would help a lot to address your concers about the projects.