Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "DopeyDad"wow! ever more colourful metaphors. Although Herpes does grow on you, are you starting to like TSPL a bit more now?
I am lucky not to have herpes. I think WDS has some great things to offer but it is not enough for even one day. One day will this park be worth the money... but then I will be very old. I´m a fan of Disney... but not blind.

tubbsy

I hear what you are saying and Yes it is taking a while to turn WDS into something as good as its beautiful neighbour. I have said before that I wasnt a fan of WDS and we'd be in there a morning before heading out-concrete jungle is a phrase I used-but things are a changing, slowly and surely- at least there are things happening in the park-obviously not to everyones taste with the carnival style rides. But it has changed so much since my last visit. I really cant wait to see it all :D And I cant help feel that there would be a thread saying, "come on Disney you could be this that and the other in Studios and you're not doing anything!" if TSPL wasnt being built.
Come end of August I am wondering how many people will say "Its a carnival ride-I can ride one of those anywhere" but still queue to ride them.

Anyhoo-I am loving the up dates! I am avidly watching the thread-silly as I wont be riding RC!  :lol: Yes that is chicken noises you can hear :D
The video was great David  =D> :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

jwagner

I also have a comparison for the studios ( but nothing with deseases!!!)

when the first settlers came to New York City they also didn't built any skyscrapers...

it's the same with the studios:
Even it's not so big and it looks a bit messy, as long as we trust in WDI and leave them some time to work on the studios it will become something really great!!!

pussinboots

^But a lot of those settlers did have herpes...

Anyway, the reactions here might be a trifle extreme. It's either "herpes!" or "magnificent!" How about it's a two-bit addition that's dirt-cheap at the core but seems to be getting a reasonable Disney dress-up. It's not herpes and it's not the goshdarn best thing we've seen since Space Mountain.

Although I really do hope that orange track won't look like this in August, or I might play the herpes card after all.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"^But a lot of those settlers did have herpes...

Anyway, the reactions here might be a trifle extreme. It's either "herpes!" or "magnificent!" How about it's a two-bit addition that's dirt-cheap at the core but seems to be getting a reasonable Disney dress-up. It's not herpes and it's not the goshdarn best thing we've seen since Space Mountain.

Although I really do hope that orange track won't look like this in August, or I might play the herpes card after all.

Award! For the first really wise words in this topic  :thumbs:

I´m also a bit splitted about this land. I expected less on the one hand now I´m surpirsed about the look of it. I love all this plants. That´s something you won´t find at the studios at the moment. On the other hand this huge orange thing scares a bit. But I´ve said I will wait till they are finished with it. An early opinion isn´t always a good friend.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"^But a lot of those settlers did have herpes...

:thumbs:  Can agree with that!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"An early opinion isn´t always a good friend.

Is that a German saying?

MagicKenny

Another picture taken from the roof of ToT!

Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

James6

Wow, this does look great :)

Thanks for the update, really hope this area is open for my trip. :P
Very excited for first trip to DLRP in over 10 years! Big Thunder here we come!

skalos

Quote from: "MagicKenny"Another picture taken from the roof of ToT!

The roof??? How did you get there??? WOW!

MagicKenny

Quote from: "skalos"
Quote from: "MagicKenny"Another picture taken from the roof of ToT!

The roof??? How did you get there??? WOW!
Oh sorry, forgot to say what the source is,
Got the picture from, yes once again, a user on a dutch forum. He posted that picture and said it was taken from the roof.....

And another picture:
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

jwagner

hope the lower part isnt the finished version...that looks ugly  :?

penfold12

When the track is finished, will the orange vlocked part only be on the back of the track as seen in this picture, or will it be on both sides?

DopeyDad

I'd hope it covers both sides, with some kind of slot for the vehicle to reach the track. If they do that, I'm liking the look actually, could look very 'hotwheels'

bigrossco

dont forget it still got a long way to go and I am 'sure' they wont disapoint us! ... fingers crossed anyway but do like it so farn but as said lets hope both sides will be done! or some way to hide the tracks
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista