Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Seriously people all this judging before its finished, yes everyone can have their own opinion but dont be so narrow minded that you wont change it. I bet when your houses were half built they didn't look like much. When I see it finished in the flesh I'll judge
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

RnRCj

As has been said before, you don't need to see the finished product to realise that this is not a Disney quality addition.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Everytime we see new pics of what they are building in WDS we just keep getting more and more horrified. It just keeps getting worse.

NOTHING about TSPL fits in WDS.
Imagine walking around in movie studio. You get to see behind the scenes of moviesets, see props and view artists tamper with stuff inside a sound studio...
See Hollywood and feel the golden age of movies...and then you shrink to miniature size and visit toys in a garden.

I´d rather go on one good ride as a child and remember it all my life than to go on many cheap rides that don´t leave an impression.

ed-uk

People keep bring up Walt Disney and I can understand why, it is Disneyland Paris. The thing is a new generation of imagineers has come along with ideas of their own which they want to see built. We cant expect them to be like Walt Disney. DLP want to add capacity to the WDS, and maybe they have to come up with something on a budget. Money being what it is at EuroDisney. And that's the challenge for them. Obviously they could have come up with something bigger and better with 200,0000 Euros to spend.
Ed & David

ed-uk

The rides in STPL are popular in other theme parks, people just feel Disney shouldn't be having them. It's the themeing of the land which will be the key here. Just like with the Flying Elephants and The Tea Cups in Fantasyland as has been said. I think TSPL will fit into Toon Studios, not Disneyland Park and that's not happening. I didn't ok it, I didn't design it, and I'm not building it. But I can see why Disney want to add capacity to the Studios. For those who don't like the Studios or think it should look different and don't like Toon Studios, I can't help. But I like the Studios and Toon Studios. I would like to see more great themeing in the future reflecting the golden age of Hollywood.
Ed & David

Disneydavid

Dugh , I am very upset that i would'nt go to Disneyland Paris anymore ANY DAY in my life!!!
Some dutch women from Disneyland Paris said that my videos are too amaturistic and that the would want to invite me to the pressopening of the playland , if its coming there like Tower of Terror / Stitch Live.

I made these videos , put a lot of time in it... and now I can get crapped out by not being invited!

Crappy Disneyland Paris! :-x

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

smurfy74

sorry disney david i dont get your last post at all - i think something is lost in translation, it doesnt make sense. what are you saying, are you upset you wont get invited to the press opening of TSP?

dagobert

I also don't get it what you are saying.

I thought that only members of the press, newspapers, magazines, radio or tv stations are invited to press openings? Do you work for any of these?

smurfy74

phew i thought it was just me for a moment  - and yes your films are amateurish but you are an amateur - that doesnt mean they arent enjoyable - i like watching your videos and look  forward to your video updates :-)

johnd331

Quote from: "Disneydavid"Some dutch women from Disneyland Paris said that my videos are too amaturistic and that the would want to invite me to the pressopening of the playland , if its coming there like Tower of Terror / Stitch Live.

Euhm, let's be a bit realistic. They cannot invite just anybody that creates some YouTube videos to every press event they organize. If they would do that, they could as well let anybody in for free and give them the premium treatment. I don't think that scales very well...

Those press events are marketing events, they want to reach media which has quite some coverage. They give you free access and often also other free stuff, like food, drinks, etc. They hope, in turn, people will write positive stuff about them, which in turn will lead to more visitors.

Disneydavid

Then again , you could'nt stamp people as 'amature' ....

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

MagicKenny

Quote from: "Disneydavid"Then again , you could'nt stamp people as 'amature' ....
Everyone exept official press makes amateur photo's and video's. You do not make money with your video's so that would mean you are a official amateur ;) nothing to attack you, but it is true.

Because you are Dutch:
ama·teur: iemand die iets uit liefhebberij beoefent

translated:
Amateur: someone that does it for fun.

People that make the worst video's for fun are amateurs.
People that make the worst video's to make money with it, are no amateurs, but "act" like them.
People that make beautiful video's for fun are still amateurs.
People that make beautiful video's to make money with it, are no amateurs.

It's really just what the word is meant to be, nothing to be "stamped" with personally.
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Annet

I agree with MagicKenny, you are indeed an amateur and that's not insulting at all.
I love to photograph, and I too am an amateur cause it's not my profession.

electricdreams

On the new commercial that has just been released for the UK it states the new rides will be open late summer....which month do you think as i dont want to visit unless the new playland is up and running ?
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

Annet

They keep saying august, but that also has 31 days...
I'm visiting the 15th and 16th of august, I really hope it'll be opened by then.