Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Grrrr. Sleeping Beauty Castle is still on a visual for a WDS event. How is the Earful Tower such a bad thing? Most people now recognise it... with the ears... as being a Disney studios park.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Agent Lex

I'm guessing mostly because most people would still associate it with the Florida studios. Even though they've ditched the tower in favour of that ridiculous hat as their logo.

RnRCj

Good news! Well... half good news:

Source: Cafe Mickey.com I guess!

Finally a bit of breathing space! Now they need to take down the other ten. Or even better, rid the castle of all it's vomit-inducing "decorations".

Willow

Taking some of the banners down has definitely improved things.

It doesn't look now like the party is being forced on you, as much.

The Butlin Boy

It definitely looks so much better without so many of them. But remember the last time this happened, when they took of the balcony decoration, only to then put it back up :roll:

nemo1981

halleluja!!!!! what a relief!!! it looks much better that way!! finally a step into the right direction.... :D/

Kristof

Looks like more banners have been removed:

11-04-2009:

02-05-2009:

Both photos by oxipion on Disney Central Plaza.

TowMater

Now most of Main Street is back to it's original self.  :D

I was watching Disney 365 last night and they said facts about the event but they only mentioned It's Party Time and Stitch on how they rehersed, make up and interviews, I found it quite intresting but a bit sad for Disney not to mention MPT, Stars n Cars and Playhouse Disney.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

never2old

Oh, it looks so much nicer without all those banners!! Hope it stays like that... A few banners is OK, but they really over did it...

dagobert

Main Street looks so much better without the banners. That's definitely an improvement.

Willow

I've got a feeling they haven't totally gone yet. Remember the signage on the castle? That went for a few days and came back.

I'd even guess that we could be seeing the 'party' lamp-posts.

luke85

Main Street is looking better already! when will DLP learn? less is more!

kaysha

Quote from: "Willow"I've got a feeling they haven't totally gone yet. Remember the signage on the castle? That went for a few days and came back.

I'd even guess that we could be seeing the 'party' lamp-posts.

Yes I think they're preparing something... (I may be wrong but it's strange)

Photos Scroogy DMI

Elwell2009

It wouldent surprise me if the party lamposts turn up for the summer and then vanish again around semptember. :?

littlemermaid83

The C&A advert is really cute, much better then the UK advert....

The poster with Bashful on is erm shockingly bad.

I really like the Tea Towel merchandise, anyone know how much it is?  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!