Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Much better! It's actually starting to feel like Disneyland again.

I fear the dreaded "streamer" lamposts will be making an appearance though. Please, PLEASE don't let that be true. [-o<

Magicalmouse125

It does look a lot better with out so many banners. But judging by Dlp's history i'm sure more will spring up.

For the 15th there were to many. Although all lit up they did look nice.
Do these ones light up to?
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kris

I always thought of the posts as more of a MS thing anyway. Way nicer how it's open and greeeeeen!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Aveen2008

Less banners definately look better, not as tacky or in your face. Any chance they are just being taken down for summer season...perhaps for the fireworks to be seen better from the bottom of main street? Just a thought, I am probably wrong :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Wow, now isn't this nice? Someone behind the scenes having the guts to say "actually, these are spoiling the magic more than they're adding to it". Presuming that's the case. Presuming they've not been taken away for "refurbishment". Presuming Entertainment haven't just been given a bit of extra cash and thought "Hey! We can convert them all to that god-awful design from last year!"

Now seriously, when is the tacky crap on the Castle coming down? You don't have to wait till March 2010 y'know guys... I'm sure no guest will arrive and feel cheated that they didn't get to see the landmark of the resort with that piece of junk on it.

Just to make this more productive than another moan, here's that Facebook group link again. :wink:

Reiana

Hm, :? why am I afraid, it won't stay this way :?
I think too, those mickeyshaped streamers will have an appearence.
But maybe it will not look that full, with them between the poster lampposts.

dagobert

Compared to the Mickey-lamposts I would prefer the MMP-banners. I really hope that Main Street stays like this, although I doubt it.

Bring back Main Street and the castle without any decorations!!!!

stuarthulluk

i was just wounded if anyone knows where i can get the new shows on video to download onto my pc from, everywhere ive looked, it doesnt let you download them, only view them, has anyone got any adivce for me, thanks guys...... x

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Are the lampposts still gone?

Kristof

Quote from: "Mobi"Are the lampposts still gone?

Yeah, it's still the reduced number of lampposts.  Main Street looks so much better. (Would be even better without them at all...)

dagobert

Great news, hopefully Main Street USA will stay this way.

davewasbaloo

It does indeed look better with the reduced lamposts (and would look even better without lamp posts all together).

As for the hub show, I had low expectations and actually thought it was much much better than I feared. Personally I would still have more streetmousphere and the vehicles running than the hub show, but it is cute and not too, too bad.
since 2001 (many before that)

Elaine

Did you manage to watch the whole show Dave? I'm afraid both me and my daughter gave up after about 5 minutes, and half-heartedly watched the rest sat on the pavement near Caseys. I thought it was very repetitious, and not attention-grabbing enough I'm sorry to say.

Elaine

davewasbaloo

To be fair, probably not. We arrived about halfway through, but the streamers and the way Mickey disappeared were cool. And the dancers were quite good. It was not amazing, and I would rather have been able to see Tarzan or the Lion King, but I had really low expectations. Because of that, I was slightly surprised, as it was not as bad as I feared.

I would never make it a priority, but to stumble upon it is ok. I think it is telling though that my 3 year old (will be 4 next week) who likes dance and characters, was bored quite quickly.

It's a shame.
since 2001 (many before that)

CentralPlazaPerson

I constantley see the advert here in the U.K and it makes me want to just board a plane and leave for DLRP for a week! :lol:
Also what is the song in the advert? I love it!