Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

I agree! It looks like a christmas season poster  :P

Pamani

Well, maybe it makes more sense with a translation of the text:" Even the most shy ones, gets in to party mood".I've seen a much more neutral magasine-advertisment from disney themself: three pics(with a small description) on a sand background and a little red DLRP logo in the bottom. So simple... ;)
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "forza_united"

"Our new party will make you sleepy!" :P  :lol:

I'll get my coat! :roll:

15MagicalYears

The Mickey symbol on the Castle in the background of the poster looks badly editied.  :?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"The Mickey symbol on the Castle in the background of the poster looks badly editied.  :?

I was thinking that too, and why would they even want to advertise that thing anyway? :roll:

Javey74

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy""Our new party will make you sleepy!" :P  :lol:

I'll get my coat! :roll:
Not quite, it's Bashful..  :P  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

I know, but I thought it'd work better as sleepy. But I suppose Bashful could work anyway. :wink:

This is way of topic :roll:

Javey74

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"This is way of topic :roll:
Mmmm, thinking about it, not really, since it was a discussion on the Danish Poster by forza, which is being passed off as 'Mickey's Magical Party', and that is the title of this thread, ok, the article maybe a slight variation, but that's all..  :P  :mrgreen:

But yes, time to move on in another sense..  :mrgreen:

Willow

Did they choose Bashful on the poster because of the embarrassing Castle decorations?  :wink:

Aveen2008

Haha :D  so funny hearing the banter (Irish word for chat) going on about the poster. I have to say I basically think its a pretty bad poster..especially as there's nothing even dwarf related really with the whole MMP time, plus it really is christmasy looking I think! :P  Even if the logo means :" Even the most shy ones, gets to in party mood". (thanks Pamani)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Kris

Euuuurrgh. Who's making these terrible decisions?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"Did they choose Bashful on the poster because of the embarrassing Castle decorations?  :wink:
Hehe, brilliant.

Just to lighten the mood, there's another of those nice balloon visuals, which actually uses the real Stars 'n' Cars and their new costumes.

Advertising has really been pretty good this year, once they moved on from that horrible brochure cover. Much better than the hideous pink, yellow and blue stuff for Celebration Continues.

Now here's a thought... wouldn't this whole year have been perceived to be much better and more successful (at least as far as fans are concerned) if they'd have cut the Castle decorations, cut the Dance Time show, not advertised Minnie's Party Train and infact perhaps advertised only Playhouse, Stars 'n' Cars and the new Central Plaza as three unique, separate new additions, cutting the MMP non-theme altogether?

By forcing themselves to wrap this stuff up in a "theme year" the actual positives of things like Playhouse Disney (a large, proper new attraction) and the cars of Stars 'n' Cars have been overshadowed by the non-celebration elsewhere.

Willow

I think they could have got away with cutting the small shows and keeping Tarzan and The Lion King.
Cut the Castle decorations to put more money into the It's Party Time.

id@53

Here's an official (English language) Disneyland Paris version of the poster, received as part of their Magical Summer Days: Save up to 40% email campaign

\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

DLP-Photos.com

Funny to see how much debate a poster can make :lol: but yeah they should be ashamed of making such bad posters, however the visual that Anthony posted is way better.

Quote from: "id@53"Here's an official (English language) Disneyland Paris version of the poster, received as part of their Magical Summer Days: Save up to 40% email campaign

This was where I got the danish poster too :D and it would have been fair to the discussion if I had included a translation, so thank you for that pamani :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]