Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Several Disney Central Plaza members are reporting that the Starbucks logo has been placed on the façade.  No pictures yet...

Riebi

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

The logo at the top actually looks quite good. I think some extra details are still needed on the exterior though, it does look a little bare to me. "Bare" seems to be the modern style of building though, so perhaps it's just personal taste. :)

Someone forgot to put the "O" up.

Anthony

Totally not what I expected. Never seen the mermaid used on its own like that before, not quite sure it looks right there. Might take a while to get used to. It's hard to tell, do you think the letters are flat or dimensional? I hope it has some kind of illumination for nighttime...

But yes, I completely love it. Particularly the exposed beam holding the letters and the contrast of the sheet metal mermaid on the wicker basket. This is exactly how Disney Village should feel. Not cheap balloons or cheap pastel/neon painted concrete blocks -- all raw materials and textures.

Can't wait to see inside.

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"This is exactly how Disney Village should feel. Not cheap balloons or cheap pastel/neon painted concrete blocks -- all raw materials and textures.

Can't wait to see inside.

And I think that´s exactly the way Gehry wants it. I remember well that in the 90´s disney village was this cool mix. It´s nice to see that the way back to the basics seems to be the only way they can get the village again in the right shape. No pastel - materials!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

Wow!, it looks amazing !

Its very unusual for starbucks to use there old logo...

Old brown logo from wiki;

And not there well known logo;

But i have to say its worked in favour of them  :D

luke85

Looks cool! I've never seen Starbucks' old logo until now, I think it looks good though, well done DLP!

Reiana

First thought. Wow. The old Starbucks logo. Interesting.
I Don't like the old logo very much, but on the basket designit looks quiet good.
Looks like they've caught a mermaid. Hope Ariel does not take it to personal :lol:

dagobert

I like the building and I like the old logo. It looks really great.

The old logo looks really stylish on the wood.

Aveen2008

do you know I have never ever noticed that the starbucks sign has a mermaid on it, which is odd.

I think the building looks great though, I love the wickerbasket effect and think it looks like agreat addition to the villiage!
Luv Aveen xoxo

mommy2ash

i like it, it makes a great change to the village. now just change the rest of it lol
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

Waddi

I am very surprised that they have gone for the full twin tailled Mermaid, albiet it isnt the original mermaid, but back to the point; the old brown logo was the logo used by the original owners, but when the new owner bought Starbucks, he merged his own company's logo and Starbucks to create the green logo we see today;

<- Original Starbucks Logo
<- Company that bought Starbucks
<- Merged Logo of 2 companies
<-Evolved logo that we see today

Thanks to //http://brandautopsy.typepad.com/brandautopsy/2005/06/the_evolution_o.html for all the info and pics.

might just be a coincidence but the Full twin tailled mermaid disappeared from the logo in 1992, and when did Euro Disneyland open?

Maarten

Finally, the first pics of the interior are here! It looks lovely in my opinion.

Source: djbass at Disney Central Plaza

Willow

I'm very impressed. Starbucks have done a very good job.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, Disney Village could do with a few more shops with the quality of Starbucks.

RnRCj

It does look great. I love the little starbucks sign sticking out from the wall on the outside. Disney Village needs more buildings like this.