Google Earth 3D Disneyland Paris

Started by britincgn, May 20, 2008, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

I just wasted an hour with this... Pretty amazing. I kept challenging them ("well, they've done this thing here, but let's see if they did...") but they really delivered.

So I gather they see this as an advertising opportunity? Because it must have cost them a pretty penny.

Luigi

wow, really a great work they have done. Now i can't wait for my trip in september  :D

peep

How do you get the things about the attractions up? I've never used Google Earth before, it's weird.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

15MagicalYears

I love it! It's great, you can spend hours on it strolling the resort.

Disneydavid

I made a little video exclusive! for iPod and MP4. See the links down here.
Offcourse , you can also download them to your computer. Its not that sharp filmed , but it is not so easy to scroll and film at the same time.

Ontopic : its great , to bad they couldnt make any rides which are realy working!
And i hope that they will update the park if there is coming a new ride!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

kiki_304

I just loaded google earth onto my laptop, I can now have a walk around the parks. :D

I can hear my laptop whirring with all the strain. lol

Magicalmouse125

:D/  :D/  :D/ Yeah finally it's here!!!!!. Can't wait to use it.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kellogs

Just trying it out now, and I really do love it. Bit slow at first but now that its loading properly its brilliant!

:D

CafeFantasia

Here are some screenshots I took of Disneyland Paris in Google Earth:

Anthony

Press release:

QuoteDISNEYLAND PARIS lands on Google Earth:
The next best thing to being there

Disneyland Paris in 3D takes vacation planning to new heights

Marne la Vallée, France, May 25th, 2009 -- Disneyland Paris is harnessing the power of Google Earth to build an interactive, three-dimensional tour of the Marne la Vallee-based resort destination that brings you one step closer to a true park experience. With direct links to Disney's online travel-planning tools, Disneyland Paris in 3D will re-invent how people plan and book vacations.
Following the successful launch of Google Earth for Walt Disney World Resort last summer, Disneyland Paris will be the first European Theme Park to be featured on the platform.

Beginning on May 25th and as part of Mickey's Magical Party--a year-long celebration of everyone's favorite Mouse--Disneyland Paris guests can use Google Earth, a program which offers a 3D digital model of the world, to virtually tour Disneyland Paris' two theme parks, its 7 hotels and Disney Village Entertainment Complex.

"This partnership marks the first of many technology initiatives that will enable our guests to plan for and maximize their time while vacationing at Disneyland Paris" said Philippe Gas, President and C.E.O. of Disneyland Paris. "Guests and travel planners can now explore our world with just a few clicks of a mouse, and they can book vacations while being immersed in what the destination has to offer."

"I have seen many amazing 3D models in Google Earth, but when I saw the new Disneyland Paris, I was blown away by how realistic it is. Disney's artists have really outdone themselves. They have taken virtual tourism to a new dimension and are leading the way for photo-realistic 3D models in Google Earth." said Brian McClendon, Engineering Director, Google Maps, Google Earth, and Sketchup.

The depth and vivid detail of Disneyland Paris in 3D project makes this a unique, truly

immersive experience within Google Earth. Visitors begin their virtual tour of the Resort

with a stratospheric view of the globe, a starting point familiar to anyone who has ever used Google Earth. A skydive takes visitors past the French countryside to a view of Sleeping Beauty Castle at the heart of the Disneyland Park. Guests can then fly through the streets of The Walt Disney Studios, the entertainment offerings of Disney Village and around each of the seven hotels and back Main Street, U.S.A..

An overview of Disneyland Paris in 3D, along with instructions on how to get started, can be found at www.disneylandparis.co.uk/googleearth3d. You can explore Disneyland Paris in 3D by enabling "3D buildings" in the "layers" panel within Google Earth and searching "Disneyland Paris" in the "Fly to" bar.  The most current version of Google Earth is required to see Disneyland Paris in 3D. Existing Google Earth users can check they have the latest version of the application by selecting "Help > Check for updates online".

In order to bring the magic of the Resort and Google Earth together in 3D, two photographers worked for 20 days to shoot all the visible surfaces of Disneyland Paris, including every building façade. A total of 85,000 photos were taken in all which became the start for some 1,587 3D models that populate the virtual tour. Disneyland Paris 3D creates a new level of usability for vacation planners and makes detailed information about one of the world's foremost destinations available to Google Earth's 400 million users, furthering the Google Earth team's goal of recreating the world as it really is.

CafeFantasia

Here's six more screenshots I made:

dagobert

Wow, it looks great, I'm really impressed. I like the balloons which appear when you are zooming on DLRP.

CafeFantasia

A user called concept3Dmodelling has posted a bunch of videos of the Google Earth models on YouTube. Here's one of Discoveryland:

[youtube:n4xitiih]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L6zfIX8r4U[/youtube:n4xitiih]

Willow

It looks like Concept 3D made the models.

Quote: Concept 3D's website

Be found and make a virtual connection to the physical world with concept3D. We take your property or product and present it to a wider audience using tools such as Google Earth, Maps and the Web. We'll create a 3D model, geolocate it into Google Earth and add it to your website and Google Maps

Anthony

Official website page has been updated:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/google ... ndex.xhtml

The video is worth watching. How much did all this cost?! :shock: