Google Earth 3D Disneyland Paris

Started by britincgn, May 20, 2008, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I really hope that this project is ready soon. Maybe it became too expensive and they stopped it??

The 3D effects at WDW are working and it looks really great.

mouetto

It seems that Disneyland Paris in 3D is now available.

Willow

I must say, it was well worth the wait!

My computer may hate the fact that every tree has been replicated, but I like it.

The amount of detail explains why it took so long for it to come online.
There is definitely more detail on our verson, my computer happily navigated through the Magic Kindgom but is seriously struggling with Disneyland Park.

I love how they have different characters dotted around the park. (e.g. Mickey in the castle and Snow White on the castle stage)

Definitely a job well done!

david

this is absolutely amazing! it looks fantastic and there is SO much detail in it all
but possibly too much- ive got really fast internet but this is soooo sloooooowwwwww i got as far as the castle before i gave up trying- do we really need such detailed trees?

Nicholas-c

really good stuff :) every memory/cpu intensive but good :) VERY good
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Joseph Carter

Yep! Its ready and working and DAMN COOL!! :D
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

never2old

This looks brilliant!!  It's so beautiful!!

Well done Disney!!

Anthony

Seriously amazing. Ridiculously detailed.

This is going to take hours of my life!

Only immediate criticism is that the attractions don't seem to be highlighted like they are on the WDW version, where you can click them to get info and a link to the official page. As suspected before, it looks like disneylandparis.com is just too old-fashioned/bad/useless for that. Without that though, it's really only something for fans.

I'll post some more pictures later, for anyone whose computer might explode if they try to load it.

smurfy74

ive had no problems viewing this on my macbook it loads really quickly but i ahve had to force myself to close it, otherwise I will spend my whole day off looking at it.

Pamani

Oh, fantastic =D>
But look Buffalo Trading Co. still got digital 3D-life :P
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Willow

Anybody notice that they never did the show building for Phantom Manor? But they did for every other dark-ride.

JohnH

Oh!
I'm using google earth pro, got 3d enabled yet the only building I can see in 3D is the Sequoia Lodge!
What am I doing wrong?

MagicKenny

Quote from: "Willow"Anybody notice that they never did the show building for Phantom Manor? But they did for every other dark-ride.
That is because in Pirates the attraction "is" in that show building, and at Phantom Manor, the story takes place in the main building and the show building is actually not there to see from anywhere in the park. except from out of the railroad when leaving Main Street station in winter.

[attachment=0:36py4hsf]Disneyland Paris in Google Earth.jpg[/attachment:36py4hsf]

:)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Anthony

Quote from: "Pamani"But look Buffalo Trading Co. still got digital 3D-life :P
I was just about to post that. :)

Quote from: "JohnH"I'm using google earth pro, got 3d enabled yet the only building I can see in 3D is the Sequoia Lodge!
What am I doing wrong?
No idea, sorry. Maybe just try it again now, since they've just added something extra...

My earlier criticism is gone, and in fact I think these are even better than Walt Disney World's. You can navigate directly to the main attractions and see a quick video for each. Quite a nice design too.

As well as Buffalo Trading Co and the old STT route being on there, they also used "Disneyland Resort Paris". Hopefully it'll get updates every year or so as the parks change?

RnRCj

This is really very good - so much better and more detailed than the WDW one! The parks look so colourful - even WDS. I love the way they even did some of the backstage areas not viewable by guests.

Annoyingly though I keep getting an error message that Google Earth needs to close after a few minutes on it.