Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Quote from: "Kristof"Et voila!   :wink:

...hm yes....it´s .... round?

And that while I´m tending so much my little DLRP-Mickey-Plant. Would fit better then that :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Timbo"Brilliant ! Thanks davewasbaloo , have a great trip !!!

hey Timbo, no pics for you as there are no twinkle lights in them sadly  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

Timbo

Thank you for remembering !! Glad you had a good trip read the TR on another forum ! Maybe they will put on the lights for winter when the leaves are off the trees,we will have to see.....

Riebi

A stage in the planters. How this could work shows the Rock'n'Roll Festival at the village clearly:

:arrow: //http://www.mousy.be/5september08.html

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"A stage in the planters. How this could work shows the Rock'n'Roll Festival at the village clearly:

[...]
Nice idea! I wonder if they put up these kind of stages in all the planters.

Riebi

I think they could do this cause it´s the big planter in front of PH. It looks much better then I´ve expected in times someone wrote the first time that they would use a planter for a stage.

naf536

Does anyone know if all the stuff that is usually in NEX has been taken out, ie Bowling, Pool Tables, etc?

We are going to DLRP on the 13th of this month and we enjoy winding down at night by having a game of pool or bowling.

Just wondering if they are still available to use or if it is all still in the closed down NEX building ?

Also, i dont know if this is old news or not, but i sent an email to plant hollywood asking them when they were re-opening the Cafe, and this is the response i got:

Thank you for your email. Our lease for the Planet Hollywood in Paris has
expired and we are currently seeking an alternative site in Paris. However, you may still visit the Planet Hollywood location located at Disneyland Resort Paris at the Disney Village at the front entrance of the Disney Parks. Please visit our website for more information on this and other locations.

Thanks, and have a great day!

I think Disney Village would look quite strange without Planet Hollywood  :(

I didnt know if perhaps PH had failed on building regulations like NEX has ?
Previous DLRP Visits
February 2005 - Santa Fe
October 2008 - Disneyland Hotel

Next DLRP Visit
2nd till 6th November 2009 - Hotel New York \":)\"

I thin you may have miss read that reply. They are saying the Paris restaurant is moving location not the one a Disney Village, they are offering that as an alternative to Paris (city)

naf536

Cool, so its still open then ?

When i visited the planet hollywood website a month or so back, it said the resturaunt was closed, hence why i emailed them.

I have just looked on their website today and all the details are back online.

I have re-read the email and can see how i might have got a little confused, i wasnt aware of another PH in paris though ?

I will be glad if it open when i go to DLRP, loved the food there last time  :)
Previous DLRP Visits
February 2005 - Santa Fe

Next DLRP Visit

Anthony

It's the Planet Hollywood on the Champs-Elysées that has closed.

The NEX Arcade underneath the IMAX building has been closed for many months. They were a bit silly to put something like that up in that corner without anything around it to draw people up there.

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"The NEX Arcade underneath the IMAX building has been closed for many months. They were a bit silly to put something like that up in that corner without anything around it to draw people up there.

So it wasnt really planning permission, it was lack of attendance ?

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"So it wasnt really planning permission, it was lack of attendance ?
I'm not sure Owain, I must have missed the planning permission news...?

Lack of attendance in that dark corner would seem a much more likely reason to me. That's why the re-opened the old arcade space next to the Sports Bar.

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"So it wasnt really planning permission, it was lack of attendance ?
I'm not sure Owain, I must have missed the planning permission news...?

Lack of attendance in that dark corner would seem a much more likely reason to me. That's why the re-opened the old arcade space next to the Sports Bar.

Sorry baloo got my words mixed up, it was from a photomagiques trip report;

QuoteNEX arcade closed for several months now due to building code violations

naf536

I sent an e-mail to Cirsa (The company that runs the NEX arcade) asking why the building was closed and when it was likely to be re-opened.

This is the response i got:

Dear Sir

Thanks for your e-mail to the CIRSA webmail. Unfortunatley the NEX arcade at the Disney Village was closed last January due a terrible flooding that left the building in a bad condition.
I am  happy to let you know that we expect to start the works next month in order to repair the damages and refitting out the arcade. We expect to reopen before Summer 2009.
At this moment we have a very well equiped Arcade at the D. Village, called the STADIUM, which is right next to the SPORTS BAR. It is a smaller Arcade than NEX, with some cutting edge machines.
Regarding the Bowling it will not be relocated, and stays inside NEX untill its reopening. Same with the POOL tables. At this moment you can find one Pool Table at the SEQUOIA Hotel.

Thanks for your interest and hope to give you some update at your earliest convenience

Sincerely

Alberto Eljarrat
PDG
Cirsa France SAS
"Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener
información privilegiada o CONFIDENCIAL. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin
autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha
recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

Again, i do not know if this is old news but it does clarify why the building was closed down and when they are looking to re-open it.
Previous DLRP Visits
February 2005 - Santa Fe

Next DLRP Visit

bigrossco

i damit i thought it was still open with the disney website still showing it darn :(
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista