Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSW

Quote from: "never2old"I would love a Starbucks there... Another reason to go!

I don't think this is actually going to happen.
Starbucks is a favourite for me also, but there's already a Starbucks located in 'La Vallee' Shopping Village. (It's an outlet that has stores from Puma, Vans, Nike, Lacoste and more)

I always go there, because there's a shopping mall 'Centre Commercial Val D'Europe', and a hotel from 'Pierre en Vacances'.
I must say, a very comfortable hotel it is. :shock:

Every early morning, you could just walk out the door of the hotel, you see a bit of Disney Studios, and walk in 'Auchan' (the hugest supermart I've ever seen in my life) for the most delicious and delicate breakfast foods (downstairs). [-o<

I'm sorry to go totally out of subject, but I totally reccommend you to go reserve a room at that hotel. At 'Val d'Europe' There's also a Disney store called 'Rendez-Vous Disney'.

:P
(Still, the idea of a Starbucks and Sandwich store isn't a bad thing at all)

Anthony

Quote from: "MSW"I don't think this is actually going to happen.
Starbucks is a favourite for me also, but there's already a Starbucks located in 'La Vallee' Shopping Village. (It's an outlet that has stores from Puma, Vans, Nike, Lacoste and more)
I wouldn't say having a Starbucks at Val d'Europe would stop them. That'd actually be a reeeally long distance between two Starbucks. I mean, I might not be able to cope walking that far. :lol:

I do want a Starbucks-ish place at Disney Village, but I'm thinking more and more that this kind of mega-brand and its overpriced drinks wouldn't be all that good. McDonalds is already a bit too loud, imagine a giant Starbucks sign next to it, the view from across Lake Disney wouldn't be very magical. I'd much prefer a small Disney-owned place, provided they buy a real coffee machine.

Stitch

... Hehe! You sound just like my other half... he's constantly asking "Do they have a propper coffee machine?"

Are you sure your name isn't Simon?
-Jenn@

Kinou

Starbucks is coming like it or not, and sa goodbye to the Buffalo Trading Post as it is where the green mermaid will settle.
Hug it out bitch !

experiment627

Quote from: "Kinou"Starbucks is coming like it or not, and sa goodbye to the Buffalo Trading Post as it is where the green mermaid will settle.

Pity. It's the only DV shop worth visiting... But a good location for a coffee shop, I'd say...

ford prefect

excuse my ignorance but what is the green mermaid? :?:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

davewasbaloo

The Green Mermaid is Starbuck's corporate logo.
since 2001 (many before that)

Stitch

Quote from: "Kinou"Starbucks is coming like it or not, and sa goodbye to the Buffalo Trading Post as it is where the green mermaid will settle.

Are you sure, where did you hear that?
-Jenn@

swity

On the one hand I think it's a good idea to have a coffee like Starbucks in DV. We can only hope that it won't be as full as McDonalds alway is, the waiting times are very high after the parc has closed.
But on the other hand I don't not agree with closing Buffalos Trading Post. It's my favourite shop.

davewasbaloo

I missed this. OMG please say it isn't so. The BTP is my fav shop in the Disney Village, and the trueist to the theme. The management of the DV wouldn't know theming if it bit them on their butts!
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Personally I think Starbucks will go where the New York Sandwiches deli is
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Nala_84

A Starbucks will replace the BUFFALO TRADING POST???! The cosy little western-styled shop with the wooden floor where I loved to buy Halloween merchandise?? Please say it isn't so :(

A CafĂ© would have been great in the Village, maybe one which also serves special cakes, cookies or ice cream. But must that be Starbucks, that giant and totally over-priced, non-disney-styled coffee-shop?  :roll:

At least a Vegetarian restaurant would have been a better replacement for that great store  :evil:  :mrgreen:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

dagobert

I think a Starbucks would be a good addition to the Disney Village, although there would be better locations. Buffalo Tradings is a really nice shop.
We loved Starbucks in the US, we went there nearly every day, and it wasn't as expensive as here in Austria. We only have some Starbucks in Vienna.

My girlfriend also wants a vegetarian restaurant at DV.

Kristof

Quote from: "Stitch"Are you sure, where did you hear that?

You can trust Kinou's sources.

I've just opened a dedicated topic for the Disney Village Starbucks.  Please continue the discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4725&p=64995

Remco K.

More work continues:

Source: Grandmath