Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "peep"I'm assuming that the ESPN Zone is like a sports bar/club. Sports bars are very popular, I've never been to one as I don't think they look that great. If I be wrong about what this place will be then please correct me.

I think it would be great for World of Disney and ESPN (whatever it is) to come to the Village. Tbh any additions to the DV is a good thing. If the Rainforest cafe gets to use the upper floor too that would be cool as its always really busy and they need more seating to help cover the demand.

A regular ESPN Zone offers several experiences, all under one roof. Guests are able to dine while watching sports or play interactive games  at an arcade. There's often a shop called SportsCenter Studio Store (similar to the shop at Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood) and a bar. I can't really figure out if they have a discotheque similar to Hurricanes though.

There are eight ESPN Zone's throughout the United States, including one at Downtown Disney in Anaheim California.

If you would like to find out more; //http://www.espnzone.com/

Owain

Just to add to anyone who doesnt no, ESPN is just like Sky Sports accept its for america and its owned by Dinsey (ABC) not Sky.

Captain Pan

Can Someone Tell Me What's Happened to the half of the Mickey Logo, on this Building?? Since when has it disappeared???

For those who don't get my descriptve of what I'm wondering is Missing can have a look at this

The new Canopy makes it look more European. Yet looking at it again... It looks like an extension has taken place... but I'm not entirely sure... Could Someone Enlighten me Please?

Great Photo By The Way!
Source://http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/news_updates/17-19_may_08/DSC09045.JPG

lil-shawn

Can Someone Tell Me What's Happened to the half of the Mickey Logo, on this Building?? Since when has it disappeared???

So when i see it right this is the site to hotel new york and the mickey logo is on the entrance at the other site but correct me if im wrong...

Anthony

Yeah Captain Pan, you're looking at the other side of the building! :wink:

The terrace turned out alright really. Ok, nasty plastic kids party decorations around the outside, but inside they've made a really good effort to make it match up:

It's a little bit "IKEA in a circus tent" though. I think I'd feel a bit cheated paying the same price for food here as inside, it's just not the same. And isn't the restaurant really dark now?

Disney Village on the whole looks amazing with the leaves on the trees:

For the first time in this topic's long and slightly depressing history, we can use this... =D>

Captain Pan

I'm missing the Mickey Ears... They seem just to be gone... and I liked the ears... They were for me a piece of my first snippet of disney experience (They were the first things I saw after a long, LONG, bus trip and a drop off at Sequoia Lodge) That was Disney to me... And It made me want to eat there... And I did then and there at that very moment.

Anthony

Did you notice what I just said..? :-s

The photo was taken from a different angle, that's all.

Riebi

Wonderful Pics! The cafe mickey inside could really be a bit dark now.
On the other hand the village looks great with all this greens around. It seems to "stretch" the route between the hotels and the parks in a positive way. Disney Village looks bigger, greener but also closer then before.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dlrp-mad

I must admit, quite like these additions to the disney village! Sad to see that Café Mickey logo go though, :(. Like to walk through here in summer, should be nice this year! :D

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Maarten

The plastic covering on the exterior of Cafe Mickey's newly build covered terrasse really has to go, it looks awful and very cheap aswell. There must be a better solution for this.  :|

Riebi

Maybe it´s just a winter solution and in summer they open the windowsfront? Or is it solid?

Stitch

I read somewhere that they were going to put a Starbucks there, has anyone else heard this? Do you know anymore details about it?
-Jenn@

Riebi

Yes some pages ago is the discussion about it  :mrgreen: :

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=458&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=330

never2old

I would love a Starbucks there... Another reason to go!

Stitch

Thank you for the link, I've just had a little read :)
-Jenn@