Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Maybe they'll put a screen inside that shows footage?  Wouldn't be a bad idea.

toonarmylass

with all the work going on in DV are any of the resturants closed????

Anthony

^^ Nothing is closed!

Quote from: "-breeno-"I think that stand is a stand for Marriots, they had two of them in July that looked identical to it so it must be.
Yeah I think I can see the logo on there.  Hopefully this means an end to the ugly and cheap beach hut things.

Raptor, maybe they listened and are fitting a wait times board inside the green stand? :wink:

It's weird to see a giant tree in the middle of Disney Village. Quite good but weird. And why don't they use those evergreen fir trees everywhere? Not tall enough?

Hi all

Does any one have any idea what will fill the gap between the new seats and the planter in disney village. The odd gap between the seat and the actual planter section looks really strange, do you think it will just be filled with soil up to the seat or something else.

Best option I think would be to fill it with soil and plant a small hedge as a border around the seat or a small mental fence as a sort of back rest (or "wall"), as i can imagine kids running along the seats and also running into the planter.

What you think?

Maarten

Wow! Finally some concrete borders like in Downtown Disney Anaheim like some of us wanted so badly! Its such a simple solution, but I think it will have an enormous impact. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "-breeno-"I think that stand is a stand for Marriots, they had two of them in July that looked identical to it so it must be.
Yeah I think I can see the logo on there.  Hopefully this means an end to the ugly and cheap beach hut things.

I'm glad they are finally choosing for one style throughout the entire Disney Village. I really like the style of the stands they have been adding in the past 2 years. Together with the trashcans they seem to have one clear style. I like it. Its great to see the cheap Marriot beach hut structures te be removed permanently.

QuoteIt's weird to see a giant tree in the middle of Disney Village. Quite good but weird. And why don't they use those evergreen fir trees everywhere? Not tall enough?

Yeah, this tree looks a bit sad right now. I prefer evergreens in Disney Village aswell. Well, hopefully they won't forget to install some lights in the trees. ;)

disneyloverjessie

I think the world of disney store will be great and hopefully sell the stuff im looking for and loads more pins! What other things are changing?
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

Any one know if the seating is finished yet or any of the other village improvements that were taking place?

Riebi

Disneytheque has some new pics of the area.

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/82-Lactu-du-Disney-Village.html

Seems that they integrate the pillow-bottoms in the concrete borders
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

And yet the gap between the seat and the planter is still there - to be filled with????? Who knows.  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "131184"And yet the gap between the seat and the planter is still there - to be filled with????? Who knows.  :?:
One of the great mysteries of the world! :shock: I also wonder why they can't move the footers of the old pylons, that it becomes so much easier to build a giant border around them?!

The gap doesn't look deep enough for a hedge, so I'll guess/hope that it'll be some nice colourful flowers.

The place is actually looking like a part of the resort now, a part of the parks... like somewhere you wouldn't mind spending a lazy afternoon or evening, rather than just a thoroughfare between the parks and hotels.

Soap

Quote from: "131184"And yet the gap between the seat and the planter is still there - to be filled with????? Who knows.  :?:

Hmmm... :-k what are those little round holes inside that border? Lights? Some sort of drainage for maybe some sort of water??? Or well indeed maybe they will fill it with some flowers?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

It think they will just put some flowers inside. The red thing inside could be a  drainage. Maybeee to let the higher things earlier grow. Flowers are fast to make. But the bushes and trees backside needs its time. And if you wanna build some concrete structurs in time, a good solution.

Aaron

Some fans on the dlrpfans.be forums are saying that there is allready some work going on, at the place where The World Of Disney Store should come.

Remco K.

A few pictures from Mousy.be, taken the 29th of February 2008:

Riebi

What are they doing on the roof of Planet hollywood?