Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarjarbings

those new signages are awful and cheap like anything at Disney Village. They should close it, demolish it and build a brand new area a little bit like Pleasure Island in Orlando. I worked at "Festival Disney" in the early days. it might have been seen as a cold design but at least the shops (Surf Shop, Hollywood Pictures...) and restaurants (Key West, Los Angeles Bar & Grill) where nice. Ok some areas got a good make over but I miss the skylight and the columns. Now it looks like a a hugly food corner same as the one you find in some US malls.

Too bad, realy too bad. They need to spend some money on Disney Villagel. Are the big heads blind or what?

giorgio1712

Seems this topic hasn't been active for a while, any more info on DV???

In my opinion, i always think of DV as just something you walk through between the lovely lake and hotels and the well kept park. It all looks rather shabby and old to me now, and i don't really like being around there at night as there isn't much to do. Disney need to make DV seem more liek part of the resort and not just a walkway to the park.

15MagicalYears

I've never been to DV but have wanted to go but now not sure ? :(  :?

Kristof

And when we thought it couldn't get worse... Behold!

Anthony

We need a vomiting emoticon, just for this topic...

Nicholas-c

i havn't been to the village in about 3 years now, should be good to see whats different
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

QuoteWe need a vomiting emoticon, just for this topic...

This is the closest we have...  :sick:  

But I guess it's not expressive enough to describe this photo.  :wink:

Riebi

Hobidobi! It´s nice to see that the village can top itself every time!
It´s there a bad taste party in planning? :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

CafeFantasia

It's funny how visuals can affect the way you feel about a shop. Looking at the exterior of this Disney Store, it gives you the feeling that it's a cheap, tacky, ugly shop with no taste or style. Who would be attracted to go in there? It's clearly the work of the French/European "designers" that also make all the totally non-Disney Halloween and Easter Bunny figures.

tubbsy

Hmmmm, its not great-especially with the E being out as well. It doesnt look like the greatest quality store in the world does it?

£1 shop anyone?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Maarten

Horror! This is tacky beyond believe. I'm getting a weird Nara Dreamland kind of feeling now, haha. Besides that, I wonder which executive approves these kind of things. Maybe the American Imagineers should take a look at Disney Village.

By the way, the new projection on the Hurricanes building looks quite cool to be honest.  :wink:

Soap

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, the new projection on the Hurricanes building looks quite cool to be honest.  :wink:

I'm sorry? Got some photos Maarten?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

At least Maarten knows to find his way to the Photos Magiques gallery.  Thanks Maarten.  :wink:

Soap

I'm sorry, i'm a bit lazy by nature..... :oops:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Maarten

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, the new projection on the Hurricanes building looks quite cool to be honest.  :wink:

I'm sorry? Got some photos Maarten?

Sorry for the confusion. Here's a pic showing the new projection. Its a pity that the quality of the new additions to Disney Village can differ that much. The new stands and these projections seem great in my humble opinion, but on the other hand, at the same time they have created these awful figures at the facade of the Disney Store.  :?

Quote from: "raptor1982"At least Maarten knows to find his way to the Photos Magiques gallery.  Thanks Maarten.  :wink:

Well, thank you for the great pics once again. Its great to stay updated thanks to your site while there many people like me who can't get to DLP every month or so...  :)