Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

It seems the refurbishment hast started:

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/02/09/sle ... -on-walls/

The new colours look great.

Martyn

I think the older rustic colours dont look too bad either though.... it looks more like real stone like that. The new coloured stuff doesn't look that real to be honest.

alternativerock123

More recent images of more scaffolding around the wall of the castle.  :thumbs:   Hopefully things will move along fast and be nearly done for the summer season.

31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Tuvok

Never thought that the sight of scaffolding would give me so much joy! But weren't they supposed to start in march? I like the fact that they already started, but now I'm realy interesting what the end date will be. Still september?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Good to see the castle under scaffolding! Do you know if it will be covered like Studio 1 during the repainting?

dagobert

Here's a new picture, I found at disneytheque.com:
http://www.disneytheque.com/actualite/0 ... ateau.html

I'm not sure, if the whole castle will be covered. For me it seems that the scaffolding is just for repainting the grey stones, at least for the moment.

Despite beiing bad for this year's visitors, I'm happier with this refurbishment than with any new attraction since TOT and Crush.

15MagicalYears

Are they planning on covering the scaffolding? It looks so ugly.

Curlywurli

I think it looks awful. I know it needs doing but I'm so disappointed- I haven't been since the year it opened and as a family we've never been. The castle is Disneyland to my little girl and now it looks like that. I was worried about rides that we're looking forward to being closed but not the castle looking like that. We're not planning on going to Disneyland more than once either.

Martyn

My guess is that it will get covered. The scaffolding just looks 'smooth', with nout sticking out etc, nice smooth corners too, for canvas to wrap around.

Festival Disney

Disney Gazette reports that le Chateau will definately be getting a tarp very soon!
Here's some of their pictures of the scaffold:

Source: Disney Gazette

Am I right in thinking that everything to do with the Castle will get cleaned up? Including the grubby waterfall on the left and those two turrets on the right at the side entrance of Fantasyland?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Disney Gazette reports that le Chateau will definately be getting a tarp very soon!
Here's some of their pictures of the scaffold:

Am I right in thinking that everything to do with the Castle will get cleaned up? Including the grubby waterfall on the left and those two turrets on the right at the side entrance of Fantasyland?

I think so that everything gets cleaned up. Otherwise they wouldn't have painted the small turret to see how the new color looks. Although it seems to me that they stopped the scaffolding.
The castle is really dirty and I'm happy that it gets fixed. Unfortunately I don't think Disney is returning to the old salmon like color used at the beginning.

alternativerock123

I really hope that they get a lot of the main castle done A.S.A.P. Then if they have to clean around the moat and around the waterfall they can remove the tarps for the summer season. =)  I highly doubt it will take the 7 entire months to do the entire clean and painting.

I wonder what the tarps will be though....
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon:

Tuvok

The scarfolding/tarps will be gone during the summer season. They can't launch the fireworks while those are up, due to safety reasons (catching fire). I think this is the reason why they allready started with the refurb, ahead of schedule/planning, so they can refurb the interior of the castle during the summer months.

This week there were two cranes alongside the castle (unfortunately I have no pictures) after the park closed. They are allready refurbing the upper portion of the castle, by cleaning the white elements on the towers.

Source: Café Mickey
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Quote from: "Tuvok"The scarfolding/tarps will be gone during the summer season. They can't launch the fireworks while those are up, due to safety reasons (catching fire). I think this is the reason why they allready started with the refurb, ahead of schedule/planning, so they can refurb the interior of the castle during the summer months.

This week there were two cranes alongside the castle (unfortunately I have no pictures) after the park closed. They are allready refurbing the upper portion of the castle, by cleaning the white elements on the towers.

That's good news. I'm glad Disney already started the refurbishment so that the castel is ready on the outside for the summer season.
Does someone know what is done inside the castle and if the castle gets a makeover for the 20th birthday?

alternativerock123

Quote from: "Tuvok"The scarfolding/tarps will be gone during the summer season. They can't launch the fireworks while those are up, due to safety reasons (catching fire). I think this is the reason why they allready started with the refurb, ahead of schedule/planning, so they can refurb the interior of the castle during the summer months.

That's fab news, unless they move the fireworks? But I guess it's just a waiting game on what happens closer to the summer season. (Y)

Hope someone will post pictures of the extra refurb soon.

Thank you. =]
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
Coming soon: