Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

The problem is that most guests won't even know the Castle is being refurbished... Until they get there and see that it is all covered up!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "never2old"The problem is that most guests won't even know the Castle is being refurbished... Until they get there and see that it is all covered up!
I would be so disappointed if i didnt know the castle was being refurbished until i got there! For some people it will be their first visit and the castle is one of the main focal points of the park! One of the first photos i take every trip is of my son on Main street with the castle in the background!  Disney should be telling people about the refurb!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Martyn

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"I would be so disappointed if i didnt know the castle was being refurbished until i got there!

Yes I would too.

But no doubt they'll wave their magic wand and cover it up with the canvas..... I know it wont look the same, but still a nice idea.

nemo1981

Hi guys!

I found a video on youtube where you can see the castle with it`s original colors! I prefer them a looooooot to the newer ones...Watch it and judge yourself!

I´ll just pray,that it will look like this again after the refurb!:-)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9ojcgMsrk

Riebi

Wonderful to see the whole area in the times of my first visits! Everything so shiny and new!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Actually, the castle itself wasn't as shiny before they applied that high-gloss navy blue paint to the rooftop shingles. But yes, the castle just looks so much more realistic somehow, doesn't it.

Riebi

Aaand how it does!  :lol:

It looked like sleeping beauty acutal lived there and not like a disney princess barbie movie set for her.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Thanks for the video. The castle looked so much better back then. I really hope Disney will bring back the old colour instead of barbie's candy castle.

alternativerock123

I read on the Disney Central Plaza forum that "the rehab of the castle has been postponed to March 2011. And that the schedule provides for a scaffolding and a crane on the castle for the summer season 2011."

It better not be over summer, would it really take over 5 months to up-date the castle? (If they do start work in March)
 :(

I hope that they get their fingers out and start work soon.

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... ilitations  (Is in French)
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

15MagicalYears

Oh no, if this gets confirmed I'll probably postpone our trip till after the work is complete.

Patrick

Personally I am not surprised they have decided to postpone this refurb, after all the snow has probably put them off.  Shame this means it will be going on during the summer season, but am sure they will come up with a decent tarp, well I can hope anyway :? .

alternativerock123

As seen again on the DisneyCentralPlaza forum and also http://www.dlrptoday.com/

That "Sleeping Beauty Castle's refurbishment appears to have been postponed to March 2011 and will last until September 2011"

So yeah, the other forum said it's because of the 20th birthday of the park, therefore they are meant to be ONLY refurbing the outside and not the inside of the main castle.

This has really annoyed me because I want to go twice next year (July with Family and August for my friends FIRST visit) and that the castle will be under tarps and scaffolding.  :(

But of course non of this has been 100% confirmed by the site/company. I think.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Festival Disney

The refurb tarp from 1998 looked like this:

Let's hope the new one will look similar or even better :D

Source: Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

kelly.dylan

I have got a trip booked for both feb and august when the refurbs are taking place and if there is too much being done I would rather go for Halloween again so emailed Disney yesterday to see what exactly was happening! Got this reply today....

Dear Kelly Burke,

Thank you for your email.

I kindly inform you that the Parade route will indeed be amended from next week to July over three phases due to the pavement being refurbished, the Sleeping Beauty Castle has been into refurbishment from last October and according to the concerned department it will run until next September with works operating during night over the Summer season to prevent impact during this busy time of the year.

This was not communicated at time of booking because it has just been advised to us and this is always subject to amendment. These refurbishments are needed for the safety of both our Guests and Cast Members.

Amending your August booking to October will not incur admin fees, however should the total be more expensive the extra cost will be due.

Kindest regards,

Anne-Sophie
UK Guest Care Department / CRO
Disneyland® Paris
Tel: 08448 008 111 (Direct enquiries)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

DisneyBoyke27

but what with the fireworks?? are they going to take place? will they be canceld? or moved to another location? but where?