Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey-claire

Thank you for posting that little mermaid, i was so dissapointed that the castle would be covered up at xmas, but finding out it wont has made my day xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

Donald-Duck-Malta

:thumbs:  

Marc at guest services has never given me wrong information before so I'm sticking with his information being correct.[/quote]

Im going to be there on the 5th  :thumbs:  1 day after you arrive hehe.[/quote]

I arrive on the 3rd, so techincally 2 days  :lol:[/quote]

Haha very funny Little mermaid  :D  which hotel are you staying in and until when? i'll be in The New York Hotel until the 10th... :D/  Btw do you think the xmas shop in disneyland will be effected? Secondly I think the xmas shop which opens during Halloween in WDS front lot will be open... :twisted:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"Haha very funny Little mermaid  :D  which hotel are you staying in and until when? i'll be in The New York Hotel until the 10th... :D/  Btw do you think the xmas shop in disneyland will be effected? Secondly I think the xmas shop which opens during Halloween in WDS front lot will be open... :twisted:

I'm at the Cheyenne! We leave on the 7th.

I'm not sure if the Christmas shop will be effected inside the castle,  it depends where abouts they start there refurb.  

I will just have to visit the shop on the 3rd to see if anything catches me eye incase its closed from the 4th onwards.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"Haha very funny Little mermaid  :D  which hotel are you staying in and until when? i'll be in The New York Hotel until the 10th... :D/  Btw do you think the xmas shop in disneyland will be effected? Secondly I think the xmas shop which opens during Halloween in WDS front lot will be open... :twisted:

I'm at the Cheyenne! We leave on the 7th.

I'm not sure if the Christmas shop will be effected inside the castle,  it depends where abouts they start there refurb.  

I will just have to visit the shop on the 3rd to see if anything catches me eye incase its closed from the 4th onwards.

Looool cool, who knows may be we shall bump into each other... :thumbs:  hehe. Whilst in disneyland I shall be uploading pictures on facebook :D/

carrydee38

thats great new little mermaid thanks for the follow up....thank god for that am goin on the 8th till the 12th November woo hooo everyone roll on the halloween or christmas time...best time of year there...

Donald-Duck-Malta

We should like launch a party for little mermaid like during our visit at DLRP :D  :D/  As a token of our appriciation :thumbs:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"We should like launch a party for little mermaid like during our visit at DLRP :D  :D/  As a token of our appriciation :thumbs:

LOL its ok, I'm glad to of shared the news with other Magic Forum members.   :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ZINDERELLA

Thank you thank you thank you Little Mermaid!!!!!!!

it's great that rather then moaning about how it might affect your holiday (like i did...ooops) you've found out the REAL story for us all.

This has really made made my day

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :D/
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

Festival Disney

QuoteDesigning Disney Exclusive - Disneyland Paris Breaking News: In 2011, Sleeping Beauty Castle will completely be refurbished. Confirmed!
Good, good  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
QuoteDesigning Disney Exclusive - Disneyland Paris Breaking News: In 2011, Sleeping Beauty Castle will completely be refurbished. Confirmed!

That's good news!!! Do we already know when it is going to happen in 2011? Probably during the warmer months? I can already see people complaining about the refurbishment, but the castle desperately needs a refurb.

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Festival Disney"

That's good news!!! Do we already know when it is going to happen in 2011? Probably during the warmer months? I can already see people complaining about the refurbishment, but the castle desperately needs a refurb.

I thought they were starting now in January, so that it will be finished by the summer

Tuvok

This is indeed good news, but also old news. The refurb of the castle has already begun. From October 4th they are refurbing, but only during after park hours. From january 2011 (just after Disney's Enchanted Christmas ends), they will start with the 'visual' refurb. You can expect that scarfolding will be placed on the castle by that time. The total refurb is scheduled to end when the summer season kicks off in july.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Tuvok"This is indeed good news, but also old news. The refurb of the castle has already begun. From October 4th they are refurbing, but only during after park hours. From january 2011 (just after Disney's Enchanted Christmas ends), they will start with the 'visual' refurb. You can expect that scarfolding will be placed on the castle by that time. The total refurb is scheduled to end when the summer season kicks off in july.
Sounds great :D I just hope that they finally remove Tinkerbell and her silly trail thingymabob  [-o<
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

sebassah

Much needed refurb, but still very happy it will be ready before the summer. I hope the construction that will be build around it is in the same style as they did in mainstreet, still it will be one less picture point.

Martyn

I certinaly hope they aren't going to change it all. I can just see Pixar plastered all over it :lol: