Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Tuvok"The scarfolding/tarps will be gone during the summer season. They can't launch the fireworks while those are up, due to safety reasons (catching fire). I think this is the reason why they allready started with the refurb, ahead of schedule/planning, so they can refurb the interior of the castle during the summer months.

This week there were two cranes alongside the castle (unfortunately I have no pictures) after the park closed. They are allready refurbing the upper portion of the castle, by cleaning the white elements on the towers.

That's brilliant news and really put a smile on my face; as we're going early September so hopefully the external refurbishments will be finished by then! :thumbs:

Riebi

I think it was the same way the last time they refurbed the castle.

I remember well that a friend of mine was at DLP during april with a castle behind a big photo print. I was in the same year during the summer season and there was no scarfolding but the tower was already in the new color scheme. I should also have some old pictures of this "state between the colors".
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

rottie155

Quote from: "Tuvok"The scarfolding/tarps will be gone during the summer season. They can't launch the fireworks while those are up, due to safety reasons (catching fire). I think this is the reason why they allready started with the refurb, ahead of schedule/planning, so they can refurb the interior of the castle during the summer months.

This week there were two cranes alongside the castle (unfortunately I have no pictures) after the park closed. They are allready refurbing the upper portion of the castle, by cleaning the white elements on the towers.

Source: Café Mickey

But then what does this mean for fireworks due on St. Patrick's Day?? They will still have the scaffolding up then and fireworks are planned over the Castle...  :?:
A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

dagobert

Mika from Disneycentralplaza has posted a new picture:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... es-page-12

It seems Disney doesn't use a printed tarp for covering the scaffolding.

dagobert

Dirk of Dlp.info has posted some pictures of the Castle Theatre. Many benches were removed. Maybe this are also gets a refurbishment. Hopefully the theatre will not be removed. On the other hand when was it used the last time for a real show?

http://www.dlp.info/News/2011/02/no-seats-here/

Festival Disney

Hopefully just so they can replace the floor... But it wouldn't suprise me if something more was to happen :P
As for the tarp, I believe there will be a propper printed one put on eventually, like what happened with Town Square Photography last year. White one first then the nice one followed a few days later  [-o<
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

pussinboots

According to a member on Disney Central Plaza, the benches will not return and neither will the theater. Apparently this is in a work schedule of sorts.

I'm not against change, but Euro Disney have given us absolutely no reason to believe that whatever is going to replace the theater is going to be even remotely appropriate or tasteful. So I really hope it's not true, but it probably is.

More importantly, what could they possibly be planning for this space? Goodness knows it won't be a theater, because they have about five of those that haven't been used in a decade in favor of Mount Hub. I mean, it's a very difficult space to fill up otherwise. You can't build a shop, ride or restaurant because it would ruin the sightline, and you can't really build a character greeting area because it's too vast. (And in any case, the removal of the theater would not have been necessary for that.) Oh God, don't let it be Pixie Hollow!

Josh

The only possible thing that they could change it into is a little grass field, which would be a waste.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Festival Disney

Oh dear...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Even though its unused, it still looks really good, so I'm quite disappointed its being removed.

peter

those benches are a great place to watch the parade. the removal wouldn't even happen if they hadn't built the central plaza stage

ed-uk

Indeed, now they've built the stage in Central Plaza, they don't really need the castle theatre. I think they should make full use of the indoor theatres when possible, then they can put on a show what ever the weather.
Ed & David

captain rocket

What Disney do not seem to consider in any of this hub nonsense is the shear discomfort of trying to watch a show there! It is difficult to find a decent view and you have to arrive well before showtime only to find people who arrive later, push in and then try to raise their kids on their shoulders to make sure they do a good job of blocking your vew! As for disabled visitors, there seems very little provision for them, how can we make this a better experience for everyone? Now lets think........ If only there was enough room to build a covered theatre somewhere in the park!!! Then we could get our beautiful hub area back in front of our beautiful castle. I despair over the way our park is run by these jokers!!

ed-uk

i feel mixed about this one, a really good show on the central plaza stage with the castle as a back drop, works really well. The 15th anniversary show with the candles on the castle worked very well as did a Christmas show I saw on there. But I think we need the covered theatres open, too that's why I'm glad Tarzan is coming back.
Ed & David

Tuvok

The whole area around the Royal Castle Stage will recieve a complete make-over in April and May this year, at least according to DCP. The benches are being removed due to Guest Safety Department decided that those benches are too dangerous. There seems to be a lot of incidents with guests who are standing on the benches and then fall off.

I'm curious what would replace the Royal Castle Stage, if the info regarding it's permanent removal is accurate.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)