Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Perhaps the Royal Castle Stage will be replaced with an outdoor Meet and Greet area? It kind of makes sense.

pussinboots

I've always admired the Théâtre du Château for the way they built it so unobtrusively and naturally, to the right of the castle with all the hardware necessary for a theater venue hidden away in the floor and in those rather splendid metal towers. Let's pay it a moment of appreciation.

[youtube:ojz4awcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBscJWYyTs&playnext=1&list=PL2E2A8424FED5BB55[/youtube:ojz4awcg]
Ah, Le Livre Magique de Mickey. Back when it was still possible to traverse the hub, the Théâtre du Château was home to this simple but very effective show, centered around an oversized pop-up book that had everyone mesmerized. The book itself was — and I'm quoting here — based on a pop-up book by a Polish cartoonist named Jan Pienkowski, was designed in the United States by a company called Animated Ideas Inc. and was so technically complex that it needed five technicians to look after it at all times.

I have a feeling that small, throwaway affair cost more than any of the headlining shows presented on the new hub stage.

Tuvok

Why not elevate the stage a bit more, get rid of all the benches (making it a viewing area where guest have to stand, similar to the Central Plaza Stage) and perform WDW's Dream Along with Mickey show there permanently starting next year? Now that would be a dream come true... for me at least ;-)
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

lil-shawn

How can someone like the Central Plaza Stage? this big mountain in fronmt of the castle is just in the wrong place.
it dosen´t belong there. every show they do on this stage could be done at the castle theatre. it´s okay for me if they
take out the benches, they can esaly make a viewing area without benches. something like the Paradise Pier Viewing area
at DCA.

I mean, there is still the castle in the backround, the people who watch the show are out of the way, they can bring back the vehicles to mains street to travel around again. also it will be a nice place to sit or stroll around when no show is going on.
the only thing that needs to be removed is the Central Plaza Stage and even more the management, cause they mess up this park. Don´t get me wrong, its great they refurb the castle and the floor of fantasyland, but this park needs more refurbs, and this right now and not in a few years, but no the money for this is spend on another themed year and in a lot of PHOTOLOCATIONS, hello did i missed something, i honestly thought it is DLP and not the next fairground near my place.

Damn better i don´t tell my parents, that they didn´t improve in quality and spend the money in Photolocations, i wan´t them to go there with me this year again...

Tuvok

I get your point, lil-shawn, but I don't agree. I actualy like the Central Plaza Stage. It's impressive, large, well themed and you can always find a spot to watch on every side. You can just 'drop by' and see a show. Side note: way better then the stage right in front of the castle at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, cause there, it kind of ruins the view of the castle.
Further more, it has the castle backdrop at the right (front) position and it supports shows where the caste is included (Castle Lighting Ceremony, Halloween Night Show and with the old stage but at the same position: Candlebration, Bouglumination).
I do agree that they need to use the Main Street vehicles more, but I think they can tackle that by removing the 'Character Express' and bring it to the Studios Park.

dagobert

I would like to see the Central Plaza stage gone. In my opinion it destroys the view from Main Street towards the castle. I still hope that one day the Partners Statue will be moved from the Studios to Central Plaza, where it belongs.

I hope that the Castle stage will stay and I wouldn't mind if the benches are removed. I fear that the whole are will be remodeled into a Pixie Hollow Meet and Greet.

Quote from: "lil-shawn"Don´t get me wrong, its great they refurb the castle and the floor of fantasyland, but this park needs more refurbs, and this right now and not in a few years, but no the money for this is spend on another themed year and in a lot of PHOTOLOCATIONS, hello did i missed something, i honestly thought it is DLP and not the next fairground near my place.

Are you talking about the photolocations posted in the "Magical Moments Festival" thread? Are these really going to be built? That would mean A LOT of photolocations in the parks.

ed-uk

i like the Partners statue in the studios, it looks good when you come out of studio 1, and fits in well with Hollywood Boulevard. I've never understood why some people think the statue only belongs in Disneyland Park. Disneyland, WDW, TDL all have it the same way. I like it that DLP do it differently and have the Partners Statue in the Studios.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

QuoteAre you talking about the photolocations posted in the "Magical Moments Festival" thread? Are these really going to be built? That would mean A LOT of photolocations in the parks.

yap was talking about those photolocation postet at the other thread... oh maybe not every one of these will get
build, i think they had some cutbacks again  :P

QuoteI would like to see the Central Plaza stage gone. In my opinion it destroys the view from Main Street towards the castle.

I hope that the Castle stage will stay and I wouldn't mind if the benches are removed.

=D>  i argee, i argee, i argee.... no word to include here...

Quotei like the Partners statue in the studios, it looks good when you come out of studio 1, and fits in well with Hollywood Boulevard. I've never understood why some people think the statue only belongs in Disneyland Park. Disneyland, WDW, TDL all have it the same way. I like it that DLP do it differently and have the Partners Statue in the Studios.

The statue don´t have to be in Disneyland Park, i argee with you. but the spot where it is now, seems just wrong like the whole entrance of the studios, but this conversation i don´t do on this topic.

dagobert

Quote from: "lil-shawn"The statue don´t have to be in Disneyland Park, i argee with you. but the spot where it is now, seems just wrong like the whole entrance of the studios, but this conversation i don´t do on this topic.

I know it's off topic, but why don't you like the entrance of the studios. I think Front Lot including Studio 1 is the most beautiful part of WDS.

Now back on topic! :thumbs:

ed-uk

i was also wondering that. Why doesn't he like the entrance of the studios? It is beautifully themed and  does look like the entrance of a real film studios.
Ed & David

peter

has a picture tarp gone up yet?

Tuvok

Quote from: "peter"has a picture tarp gone up yet?

No, according to sources, the picture tarp goes up on the 28th this month.

Josh

If they're painting the top section of the castle at night, then I don't think the refurbishment will be annoying as it seems.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"Perhaps the Royal Castle Stage will be replaced with an outdoor Meet and Greet area? It kind of makes sense.
Quote from: "pussinboots"Oh God, don't let it be Pixie Hollow!
I was just thinking - the one thing you could get away with here would be some kind of forest area, which would actually add to the landscape. Similar to the idea they tried one Christmas on Central Plaza, which ended up blocking the castle from the most important angle. Of course, it'd have to be filled with Princess photo locations...

The stage is such a wasted opportunity. They could put the best show in the world over on Central Plaza stage but you'd still be craning your neck to see, with aching feet, as people push in front, balloons bob around, and like half the other visitors you give up halfway through and decide you'll watch the end on YouTube when you get home.

pussinboots

I suppose a forest area would be mildly appropriate, considering there's already a hint of that with the pine trees near the castle, and Discoveryland and Fantasyland do need a bit of a thematic buffer. I think it's Pixie Hollow in particular that just churns my stomach (such prime real estate wasted on live advertising for one of the worst DVD sets ever — you just feel sorry for the non-Tinkerbell face characters); but the concept might have merit (yes, merit, yes!).

The Paradise Park idea sounds good as well, as a dual viewing area for parades and castle-based shows, although that's basically the Théâtre du Château without the benches and the stage, isn't it? And then I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the benches. People enjoy sitting, as everyone who's ever tried to watch a show on the new Central Plaza stage knows...