Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsheeyore

oh Aveen that is so so lovely!!
xx

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

:D OMG I love it. :P I'll have to start looking out for stuff like that myself.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :D OMG I love it. :P I'll have to start looking out for stuff like that myself.

you can by prints like it and the same one on www.allposters.co.uk but then you have to buy the frame yourself hehe so I may buy one or two of those this week and hopefully get a good frame for them and do the same:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:lol: Pins are expensive enough without me splashing out on frames, so I'll probably only buy them if I see a bargain. :P The frames that my current pins are in were from Poundland.

Welsheeyore

Quote from: "Masamune" :lol: Pins are expensive enough without me splashing out on frames, so I'll probably only buy them if I see a bargain. :P The frames that my current pins are in were from Poundland.

how do you frame your pins in a frame with glass in? or is that a silly question  :D

October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

:) You just need to make sure that the frame itself is quite thick, so that there's enough of a gap between the glass and the back of the frame. With my Poundland frames, they only just fit, so I can't have any 3D pins in there. Just the flat ones. I just popped the pins on to a very thin piece of card and clicked the back of the frame back on. :lol: With great difficulty, but ah well.

Stitch2814

Would you believe it, I get home today after deciding not to stay another week and two of my 4 remaining pins arrive, the Jumbo UP pin arrived and the HKDL Stitch pin came as well which is a bummer as I really wanted to see the jumbo pin up close as its my first one.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Welsheeyore"
Quote from: "Masamune" :lol: Pins are expensive enough without me splashing out on frames, so I'll probably only buy them if I see a bargain. :P The frames that my current pins are in were from Poundland.

how do you frame your pins in a frame with glass in? or is that a silly question  :D

There was actually a thick card behind the picture (snow white) and I couldn't put the back of the frame back on but i didn't need to as the cardboard acted like a backing and when the pins went through i just but the mickey heads onto the pin ends that very slightly sat out....if that makes sense:P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:o These are all the pins I traded off Danny today. As these are all keepers, I now have about 3 traders left, other than the few I have reserved for people. :lol: I'm going to try my very best to resist buying more traders until after Christmas.

:) He also bought me a beautiful Mufasa and Simba, but I ended up popping it right on my board before taking a picture of it! So I'll do that another time.

Stitch2814

hahaha glad you liked the pins you I traded you :P Ive still got alot of traders left so I need to take new pictures after yesterday trading with you and your mum (with is an experience in itself  :mrgreen: )

Im going to have to completely re-do pinpics when I have the time as gonna take me a bit to sort out I think. I will get new pics of my traders as I have made a trade on facebook with Dax so 2 more pins are out of the selection for him, some are out for sam and emma and sam needs to pick a few more she likes so Im gonna be at about 80 traders I think by the end of all the trading hahaha

Aveen2008

aw great trading you two hehe!

you are both so lucky to have a good group of people who meet at your local disney store and now you two can also meet up to trade and chat on here! :D

this pin arrived in the post for me yday...

I just took th epic from pin pics, it's a bit out of focus. I just thought it was cute, although I am not a big vinyalmation fan generally.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Welsheeyore

I know what you mean about that pin Aveen - it just has the cute factor

nothing in the post today - nothing at all in fact  - not sure how long my pins from America will take - wish they would hurry up - I am home poorly and spent most of the afternoon looking at pics of DLRP and WDW looking for hidden mickeys - not sure I should have admitted that !!  :lol:

October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

:D I got lots of nice pins in the post today!

The Mufasa/Simba pin is a gift from Danny, the two train pins I bought for £4 each off eBay and the Fantasia pin I bought for around £14 off eBay. :o The Tinker "Bell" pin was sent as a free gift along with the Fantasia pin. It's not an official Disney pin (PinPics has it listed under Fantasy pins), but it's actually very nice. And it says LE 300 on the back. :) Don't know if any of you guys would be interested in it though, since it's not official Disney.

I got these off someone on the Dizpins boards. I'm trading her 2 of the Belle locket pins and the core Up pin for Gaston, Chernabog and Old Hag. All of them are LE. ;o; But look, there's a 4th pin there! She ZAPPED me! For those who don't know, a zap is when someone gives you a pin out of the blue. :D So yeah, I was really really touched. Even the box they came in is kinda a zap, as it's really cool and has Figaro on the front!

Aveen2008

aww wow Lindsay great selection there!! =D>  =D>  =D>

I have to say the DLRP train pins were a steal at £4 each!! :shock:  I have been looking for those two for a while but didnt want to pay over the top for them lol!

I am glad you got one of your grail pins too! =D>  =D>  =D>

Did you ever make a deal with the one who wanted the alice pin??

:D  :D
Thanks for showing us your pins! :D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:shock: I'm pretty shocked to hear that actually. The person I bought them off (it was just a UK seller) had other train pins listed as well. They were all started at £3.99, but those were the only two I was interested in. So I just bid £4.22 on both of them and ended up getting both at the start price. :) P&P wasn't too bad either, as I was charged £1.75 but they were sent via recorded delivery. I love that the little wheels spin on both carts!

:D And yes I did actually! I'm sending her the NEW Alice pin in exchange for yet another of my top Holy Grails. I posted the pin today and hopefully she posted mine today too!