La Tanière du Dragon

Started by nathan.jackson, July 09, 2008, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

I recall the fire effect only ran for a short time just after the park opening,before it was stopped ! It is mentioned in the first Eurodisney guide book that was published !

Brervixen

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"'Neige' is Snow for french.

Do you not mean "french for snow"
Well Br\'er Rabbit, looks like I\'m gonna have to SKIN ya!

Timbo

I have just received an email from Terri Jackson ,the Imagineer who designed the Dragon.She confirmed that the Dragon did breathe fire for a short time,but the effect was withdrawn for safety reasons. There were concerns that if the Animatronics failed and the Dragon did not lift its head to a safe position ,that the fire effect would still operate and if you were stood in the wrong place ..... !!!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Timbo"I have just received an email from Terri Jackson ,the Imagineer who designed the Dragon.She confirmed that the Dragon did breathe fire for a short time,but the effect was withdrawn for safety reasons. There were concerns that if the Animatronics failed and the Dragon did not lift its head to a safe position ,that the fire effect would still operate and if you were stood in the wrong place ..... !!!

Oh, that's a shame! I wonder if there is a video of the effect available somewhere.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Timbo"I have just received an email from Terri Jackson ,the Imagineer who designed the Dragon.She confirmed that the Dragon did breathe fire for a short time,but the effect was withdrawn for safety reasons. There were concerns that if the Animatronics failed and the Dragon did not lift its head to a safe position ,that the fire effect would still operate and if you were stood in the wrong place ..... !!!

Very interesting!

david

wow! i can see why they stopped it then!- would have made the dragon just a touch too scary to say the least. its a shame they couldnt work out some sort of safety switch to deactivate the flames should the animatoranics break