La Tanière du Dragon

Started by nathan.jackson, July 09, 2008, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdSun

I love the dragon. The way it moves its fingers and itself in geberally never fails to impress me...

Snow_White_Girl

He was VERY sleepy when I was at DLRP a couple of weeks ago - just refused point-blank to wake up, though he was blinking a fair bit!! :wink: Though we went back two days later and he was awake then!! :lol:

\":lamp:\"

MadHatter

He was totally dead past weekend for some reason.. :cry:

Timbo

It is a real shame they had to stop the Dragon breathing fire,it was one of the best effects in the park ! I suppose someone decided to climb over the wall and before you know it woosh .........

15MagicalYears

I love this soo much, I took some friends in there guaranting it was a secret passage to Fantasyland and they all got the fright of their lifes!

Bamperoony

:? It's strange, but I have always thought of the Dragon as a 'she' rather than a 'he'!
  It's probably because it is underneath Sleeping Beauty's castle and the Dragon in Sleeping Beauty was actually Maleficent the witch.
  Anyway, as a married man, I reserve the right to think of all dragons as Females. :-"  

Kristof

The dragon is in fact Maleficent, but a stylised medieval version.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Timbo"It is a real shame they had to stop the Dragon breathing fire,it was one of the best effects in the park ! I suppose someone decided to climb over the wall and before you know it woosh .........

It breathed actual fire? Are you sure? I do remember a fire-like effect in his throat, which indeed no longer exists, unfortunately, but it wasn't an actual flame, was it?

Timbo

Yes I am very sure!! it did breathe real fire !!!!Not just some little effect in its throat! Just one of the effects that have been lost over the years !! It was very impressive and people were far enough away for it to be no danger but you could feel the heat of the flames !! Another fire effect gone were the flames in the pools at the entrance to Discoveryland ! This was withdrawn as the ducks were swimming just a little too close......
I used to like the fire coming from the tower outside the Blue Lagoon Restaurant,saw this working last time we were there but not for years before that ,only comes on every couple of minutes so you have to wait for it !!!!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Timbo"Yes I am very sure!! it did breathe real fire !!!!Not just some little effect in its throat! Just one of the effects that have been lost over the years !! It was very impressive and people were far enough away for it to be no danger but you could feel the heat of the flames !! Another fire effect gone were the flames in the pools at the entrance to Discoveryland ! This was withdrawn as the ducks were swimming just a little too close......
I used to like the fire coming from the tower outside the Blue Lagoon Restaurant,saw this working last time we were there but not for years before that ,only comes on every couple of minutes so you have to wait for it !!!!

Oh yes, there are lots and lots of fire effects that have been lost over the years. Just look for the torches all over Adventureland and Frontierland -- although the ones at the entrance of Adventureland are working again, thankfully.

But I didn't know the dragon once had this ability, and it also hadn't occurred to me that the flames in the Discoveryland pools were roast duck waiting to happen... Whoopsie! Guess that's a pretty good reason for turning those off, huh.

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Timbo"Yes I am very sure!! it did breathe real fire !!!!Not just some little effect in its throat! Just one of the effects that have been lost over the years !! It was very impressive and people were far enough away for it to be no danger but you could feel the heat of the flames !! Another fire effect gone were the flames in the pools at the entrance to Discoveryland ! This was withdrawn as the ducks were swimming just a little too close......

I've never seen it! and even in this video ...
[youtube:3fe2iaq7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA6Vp0Ihbdc[/youtube:3fe2iaq7]
(from the opening of "EuroDisney") you don't see any fire! only smoke
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Fubar

Quote from: "MadHatter"He was totally dead past weekend for some reason.. :cry:

'She' was definitely wide awake Weds 13th. Scared my 20 month old grandson to death! Only breathing 'smoke' however.

15yearsofMagic2008

Some of them are easy to notice some examples :Blanche-Neige et les sept nains 'Blanche' is white in french and 'Neige' is Snow for french.And 'sept' is french for seven so its easy to notice 'Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs'.

La Tour De La Terror

'Tour' is french for 'Tower' like 'La Tour Eiffel' So it is obvious again 'The Tower of The Terror' They put that instead of 'Tower of Terror'

But some aren't that easy!

De la Terre à la Lune Means 'Space Mountain' Bit big !Lol!

That's alli i got !I am going into top set french in Year 9
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

RnRCj

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008" De la Terre à la Lune Means 'Space Mountain' Bit big !Lol!

De la Terre à la Lune means "From the Earth to the Moon". :wink:

15yearsofMagic2008

Oops! :shock: Lol i Didn't notice :-"
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro