La Tanière du Dragon

Started by nathan.jackson, July 09, 2008, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "penfold12"Perhaps its just me, but I alwayd thought of the double entendre attached to Aladdins enchanted passage.....

That didn't stop them from "Ariel's Grotto".

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"The only DLP name which has it wrong in my view is Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, obviously named right after the grand opening fiasco when they were so desperate to keep the French on their side. But a ride based on an American hero at an Indian temple? Put it in English!

To me, as someone who's mothertongue isn't French nor English, it sounds okay. When I was a little kid, I always expected Péril to be a country, haha. Stupid me. But when I think of it now I can understand the confusion... the word Péril has a slight exotic feel to it, doesn't it?  :lol:

Rock 'n RollerCoaster avec Aerosmith just sounds plain stupid. Was it really that had to keep that one little word in English too? However, for some reason I liked Space Mountain- de la Terre a la Lune, and even Moteurs... Action! Those names seem to have a balance.

Kristof

I was just going through From Sketch To Reality and found this tiny concept art of Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin... And it mentioned the English name: Aladdin's Enchanted Bazaar.   :wink:

Timbo

Aladdins Enchanted Passage always made me laugh as well,thought I was the only one who found it funny too .... :wink:

Brervixen

I would definatly NOT want to creep up "Aladdin's Enchanted Passage" or, indeed get wet in "Ariel's Grotto"
Well Br\'er Rabbit, looks like I\'m gonna have to SKIN ya!

Kristof

:offtopic:

nathan.jackson

Quote from: "Brervixen"I would definatly NOT want to creep up "Aladdin's Enchanted Passage" or, indeed get wet in "Ariel's Grotto"

:lol: Hilarious!  :lol:

Kristof

:offtopic:  means that the discussion has to go back to La Tanière...  :)

Nicholas-c

i have never actually seen this but i know it exists :P i will have to add it too my to-do list :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

never2old

I'm always surprised to see how many people don't even know the Taniere exists! A few times I've been to the park with friends, who had been there before (but without a decent guide, obvisouly  :P ) and had no idea that there was a dragon under the Castle!!

Pete's Dragon

I remember the first time we just happened to walk that way. I didnt realise the dragon was there. At first I thought it didnt do anything, until it reared up at me ( gave me just a little jump, but my son's giggled and we had to stand there until it done it again )

x-charlotte-x

:lol: I remember the very first time i went to Disneyland with my parents my Mum said "Were going to see the dragon under the castle now" I thought that she ment a real dragon and i just would not go under the castle i kicked and i screamed so much :lol: she gave in eventually and we didn't end up seeing the dragon.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Katie-Sparrow

"Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant would be The Castle of the Beauty in the sleeping forest"

Actually raptor that is wrong it correctly translates to 'The castle of the beauty at the sleeping wood'
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

ford prefect

wood/forest

:roll: same meat, different gravy!!! :roll:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

pussinboots

Not necessarily. In English, wood(s) and forest are synonyms. In French, "bois" and "forêt" don't have to be.