Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Well, looks like Ratatoiulle won't be exclusive for long! The concept art of the exterior of the resteraunt is shown in this video regarding Disney's relationship with Asia, and includes the art with new work showing Shanghai Disneyland. Not quite sure where it'll fit with the park though...

The video (skip to 5.40):

[youtube:2qi1bad3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlL-IPB0xg[/youtube:2qi1bad3]

Anthony

Looks like the concept art of the restaurant made for the film. Perhaps they'll have just the restaurant itself there somewhere, as part of the entrance way or downtown area? I can't imagine the ride itself being added to Shanghai. The only obvious place to rebuild it would be Epcot, but then would they want to represent France with a dark ride about rats in a kitchen?

Meanwhile, looks like I filmed that video just in time:

Source: InsideDLParis

Though I think this is for nothing more exciting than repaving the street (already!), because apparently they weren't happy with the finish.

|Q|

Quote from: "Anthony"
Source: InsideDLParis

Though I think this is for nothing more exciting than repaving the street (already!), because apparently they weren't happy with the finish.

I think they're covering the street with wooden planks, se they won't ruin it.

Q

peter

I'm pretty confused by shanghai Disneyland if I'm honest. It's as if they are trying to fit every idea into the one park, very strange.

Simba 27

It will be an attraction intence as Crush's Coaster, or it will be more like Peter Pan's Flight, more emotional than thrilling?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

dagobert

Quote from: "peter"I'm pretty confused by shanghai Disneyland if I'm honest. It's as if they are trying to fit every idea into the one park, very strange.

I think the park willlook amazing and will feature many new rides with new technology. WDI will not repeat the mistakes they have done in Hong Kong. As for Ratatouille, I think it will be a restaurant in the Disney themed shopping and dining district.

dagobert

Quote from: "Simba 27"It will be an attraction intence as Crush's Coaster, or it will be more like Peter Pan's Flight, more emotional than thrilling?

It will be a dark ride based on Tokyo's Winnie Pooh trackless ride system and it will not be a coaster ride like Crush. So it will not be thrilling or intense. Ratatouille is going to be a desperately needed family dark ride.

Simba 27

Quote from: "dagobert"It will be a dark ride based on Tokyo's Winnie Pooh trackless ride system and it will not be a coaster ride like Crush. So it will not be thrilling or intense. Ratatouille is going to be a desperately needed family dark ride.

In these past years, I never understood the word trackless.... I can't immagine a trackless dark ride; how it works the one in Tokyo?

Past trips:

sven

The ride vehicles follows a conductor loop embedded in the floor. Imagine a magnet following a metal wire on the ground, like that. That way it looks like the motion is free, and with additional electronics the vehicles can follow different ways through the rooms.

|Q|

Quote from: "sven"The ride vehicles follows a conductor loop embedded in the floor. Imagine a magnet following a metal wire on the ground, like that. That way it looks like the motion is free, and with additional electronics the vehicles can follow different ways through the rooms.

For what i get from Wikipedia, in the floor there is some king of grid, that let know a central computer where all the vehicles are in each moment. then, remotely, the computer controls all the vehicles movement, generating different coreogrphies each time.

Quote from: "Wikipiedia"Track

This 'trackless' ride system is achieved not by GPS, as widely rumored, but by a custom LPS (local positioning system). The patented system works by directional data being relayed from a master control computer directly to each individual honey pot car through a complicated matrix embedded within the actual floor tiles. Every few seconds, the master computer generates a random path and 'steers' the honey pot in real-time, so as the cars roll through the ride the vehicles are, in fact, being told where to go. Because this system is in real-time, they can maneuver accordingly in just fractions of a second. This also allows for spontaneous yet synchronized 'honey pot choreography' with groups of honey pots (as many as 8 in a single show scene) appearing to 'dance' with the others, often timed with 'beats' in the music. Due to limitless variations possible, each journey through the attraction is unique.
//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pooh's_Hunny_Hunt#Vehicle

Q

Simba 27

Thanks for the answers; so it may be like Pinocchio's ride, without the annoying bumps, and each scene will be different every time, with differents props/characters that will came out randomly? This will be the second attraction in the world after Pooh's Hunny Hunt, with this technology?
I saw some videos of Pooh's Hunny Hunt (pity that there isn't a specific thread for this attraction in the International section), and it is really amazing! But I didn't spotted too many differents paths of the pots, the storyline is always the same: intro-Tiger-Pooh's Nightmare-End.
And finally, sorry if it is a stupid question, but the space between the costume building and Studio Tram Tour's street, isn't a bit too small? Maybe the ride will be shorter than the Tokyo one (and of course, with Remy instead of Pooh).

Past trips:

Anthony

Quote from: "Simba 27"And finally, sorry if it is a stupid question, but the space between the costume building and Studio Tram Tour's street, isn't a bit too small? Maybe the ride will be shorter than the Tokyo one (and of course, with Remy instead of Pooh).
In short, no! Ratatouille is quite a bit bigger than Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

I'm having to check and check again that I've got that image right, because I never realised there was such a difference in size. That's all the more intriguing when you think that Ratatouille is supposed to use mainly 3D projection effects, rather than physical sets like Hunny Hunt.

It's also interesting to see how much bigger the showbuilding has grown since the original outline plan (when it was meant to be almost the same size as Hunny Hunt):

The final building is going to be like "it's a small world" with a restaurant stuck on the front (the two are, weirdly, almost identical in width):

In fact, another comparison might well be...

Rémy doesn't do small.

Malin

QuoteWell, looks like Ratatoiulle won't be exclusive for long! The concept art of the exterior of the resteraunt is shown in this video regarding Disney's relationship with Asia, and includes the art with new work showing Shanghai Disneyland.

I don't see Ratatouille making it to Shanghai. Outside of Paris with the exception of one of the Cruise Line ships. The character is rarely seen or used. Disney are being secretive on whats being planned for its new park to prevent rival domestic themeparks from stealing the ideas. Copyright laws don't really exist in China. And it only showed the art when discussing dining. Its possible a fine dining French inspired Restaurant is being planned for one of the Hotels. I would assume with perhaps a couple of exceptions most of the parks dining experiences will be catered to the local audience like its the case in Hong Kong Disneyland. So a Rat themed Restaurant wouldn't make much sense. Epecially if it was serving dim sum.

Simba 27

Thanks Anthony!! When I saw the pictures of the ground-breaking, it seemed to me that the area was a bit small; I was wrong, it will be the It's a Small World ride of the Walt Disney Studios Park.
Thanks again!!

Past trips:

andrewuk

Anthony has really underlined the scale of this project. The budget is HUGE and so it is going to have to be incredible to be worth a company with enormous debt spending 150 million on. This cannot be compared to Pinocchio or little Mermaid, with all that expenditure. We have got to be thinking on the level of  Spiderman or Transformers.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne