Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

There is plenty of space but how much of that will be allocated to the ride itself? If there will be a restaurant attached then it will probably require a big kitchen facility and dining area, thus decreasing the total size of the ride show building.

Josh

And I think there were rumours that it would have a second floor as well. It'll be huge!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Quote from: "Josh"And I think there were rumours that it would have a second floor as well. It'll be huge!
I think the only rumour there was for the restaurant to be above the queue line, although that does still free up more space for the ride.

Quote from: "alka1"There is plenty of space but how much of that will be allocated to the ride itself? If there will be a restaurant attached then it will probably require a big kitchen facility and dining area, thus decreasing the total size of the ride show building.
Yes, Spider-Man overlaps quite a bit and so the Small World comparison is probably the best. There we've got the whole Small World building (which includes its backstage/maintenance area) plus a huge chunk still left at the front for the restaurant and queue.

This also makes me wonder whether the ride vehicles themselves could be larger. Pooh's Hunny Hunt has those measly 4-seater honey pots whereas Spider-Man has big 12-seater seater vehicles.

Given the size of the showbuilding, not to mention the size of the investment, the likely popularity and the recent talk from Philippe Gas about adding capacity, I really hope this means we'll get something a least slightly bigger than honey pots if not as big as Spider-Man's "scoop" vehicles (there I begin to wonder about the viability of trackless running, if that's still something we're expecting)...

Scissorsboi

I think there is a chance of larger vehicles being used, especially trackless ones. Antarctica at SeaWorld appears to use trackless Spidey style vehicles (which also appear to be a hybrid of Luigi's Flying Tires around the base?) which could also be used for the Rat?

Pic from this article: Theme Park Insider

I'm intruiged to see more details on this, sadly I get the impression Paris may be remaining tight lipped, despite the Dreams backstage videos we got!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Anthony

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I think there is a chance of larger vehicles being used, especially trackless ones. Antarctica at SeaWorld appears to use trackless Spidey style vehicles (which also appear to be a hybrid of Luigi's Flying Tires around the base?) which could also be used for the Rat?
Ooh great find, that's exactly what I had in mind. And good to see a variation on the capacity for what could be a trackless ride. Some of the blurb on it says: "A 'first-of-its-kind' family adventure ride that utilizes new technology for an experience that can change from visit to visit. Designers also revealed that guests will be able to choose the level of thrill they experience on the ride. Each car seats eight guests."

More here: http://parkrumors.com/sea-worlds-penguin-ride/

CafeFantasia

Yes, what if Ratatouille isn't trackless at all? Here we are, all expecting a trackless dark ride like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, but it might actually be a more traditional ride on a track.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Alan"Yes, what if Ratatouille isn't trackless at all? Here we are, all expecting a trackless dark ride like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, but it might actually be a more traditional ride on a track.

With all that expenditure its going to be pretty special, and with the trackless technology being used for Mystic Manor I would be shocked if we get a track. How else could you re-create the motion of a rat? They don't want to go in straight lines!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Malin

ScreamScape has this video up on its site today. I'm not sure if its official. I haven't seen it before so apologies if its already been posted. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqz761 ... s_creation

Columbiad

Haha, a very well done video! A fake, I'm sure, but at least today we got (I think) the first official confirmation of Ratatouille from Disney, with Phillipe Gas calling it an "open secret."

Information was also given regarding the restaurant, with it's future menu being compares to Paris's "L'entrecote". Gldc posted more information here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13530

Josh

I wonder what they would choose. They obviously won't want a typical French meal. Maybe it'll be something where you choose the flavourings that you want on it.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Riebi

Sounds interesting. For the french this kind of restaurants isn´t something new. There are many restaurants where they sell every day another menu (normaly around 4 courses). Something like the soup of the day, a choice of 3 diffrent starters, a choice of 3 diffrent main dishes and a choice of 3 diffrent desserts - changing every day. That means, that the chef has to go every morning to the market and after a look of what he get today, he makes the menu.
Personally I love that kind of restaurants and I had a great meal years ago at paris - best of my life - at the restaurant of a french tv chef. She did the menu every day totally new. I say you, such restaurants are a great dining experience.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lorrig

I get the feeling this is not exactly what they are talking about Reibi. I think what he is implying is that there is NO choice in the menu apart from how well you like your meat cooked. So everyone has the same starter, main and dessert. I have been to restaurants like this in Spain and you basically get given what the chef has chosen that day - no choice. You are either going to eat it or leave it kind of thing.

Riebi

I would give it a try  :D  But I love special food things. Don´t know about the normal disney family (with 3 children, two of them adopted)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"Personally I love that kind of restaurants and I had a great meal years ago at paris - best of my life - at the restaurant of a french tv chef. She did the menu every day totally new. I say you, such restaurants are a great dining experience.

When I've been with my parents to Paris, we went to a similar restaurant. The food was fantastic and there were only two options on the menu. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I think it was near Gare Du Nord, but I'm not sure.

As for the Rat-Restaurant I hope they think about the vegetarians as well. I know that's not Disney's strength in Paris, but it would ba great for me.

dlpfan1992

Come they have to do Ratatouille in the restaurant.  :thumbs: