Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Yes of course. The arrangement of the windows is part of the forced perspective effect.

Riebi

good old forced perspective... =D>

Hope the transition between the street set and the production courtyard will be better then at art of animation building and hollywood bvd.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

The colourscheme looks great. Its difficult to formulate an opinion so early on, but so far the facades seem to be a great mixture between realism and caricature, just like the film. I am curious about the roofs because those will complete the well-known Hausmann style.  :thumbs:

phantom247

Why did they not put this on the Studio Tram Tour it would create a little bit of new things to see even if it was only for a short period of time.

isani

Quote from: "phantom247"Why did they not put this on the Studio Tram Tour

"Here is part of the set where the Disney-Pixar movie Ratatouille was shot... wait a minute..."  :)

The point of a prototype is to test how something looks before guests get to see it. Imagineers need to be able to access this thing easily, make changes, try on different paints and so on. Besides, there would probably be a surprising lot of effort involved in clearing up a spot for a new prop and moving it over.

Speaking of prototypes, I'd love to know how much play testing Disney does in Europe. In the USA, they often set up working prototypes of ride plans, interactive queues etc. in large warehouses.

Columbiad

Quote from: "isani"The point of a prototype is to test how something looks before guests get to see it. Imagineers need to be able to access this thing easily, make changes, try on different paints and so on. Besides, there would probably be a surprising lot of effort involved in clearing up a spot for a new prop and moving it over.

But this is maybe the level of "behind the scenes" guests want to see. Granted it isn't for a new film, but it's for a new ride, and might drum up a bit of excitement. A wee spiel explaining the inspiration Disney's Imagineers take from the world of the movies in creating their theme park environments might work really well, and how set designers also create mock-ups to see how colour looks under certain lights etc etc.

While we're at it, could an attraction at WDS about the works of the Imagineers (perhaps ala Blue Skye Cellar) be a perfect addition? Imagineering is but a stone's throw away from the magic of the movies after all.

Back on topic.

Columbiad

Aaaannnddd we  go vertical! Translated from the Disney Radio Club Facebook page:

QuoteThe beams you future restaurant ratatouille area are now standing! Thanks to mat15 for the photo.

ulak

Here is my video with construction site of Ratatouille from "Tram Tours" view on 18.8. 2012 (sorry about quality)...

[youtube:3ik5sbjy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilk-s-AEyXA[/youtube:3ik5sbjy]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Lorum

QuoteThe ride will have a single ride line, a Fastpass line, and is supposed to have debit equivalent as Space Mountain

Source: Tloz on ThemeParkGuy
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Maarten

Source: Frédéric/News DLRP

gldc

Has there been no progress for 6 weeks?
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

|Q|

this is from 2 days ago, thanks to iBuzz on DCP:

Q

Kristof

Another picture from Disney Central Plaza by Adri-23 this time:

david

There're some new photos on http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... pdate.html  - its got walls!!!  :D

Lorum

I can't wait for this attraction to be completed!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"