Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I wonder if the interior of our Ratatouile restaurant will look a bit like this? It's a restaurant inside the Disney Dream cruise ship.

ed-uk

I like the look of Pooh's Honey Hunt, it's my kinda ride. If Ratatouille turns out to be anything like it i'll be happy.
Ed & David

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"I wonder if the interior of our Ratatouile restaurant will look a bit like this? It's a restaurant inside the Disney Dream cruise ship.
From what I heard they want a more "fun" theme with it based on Rémy's rat restaurant from the end of the film. As I mentioned on DLRP Today recently, there are plenty of stuffy Parisian restaurants a short RER ride away. There'd be no novelty in something like that here.

Hathaway Browne

^I can see them having a lot of fun with all the props. Giant bottle caps and tables with oversized paper parasols you normally get in cocktails.

And I think its safe to say we know at least one item on the menu, after all what would Remy's restaurant be without ratatouille? ;)
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Josh

I thought the actual restaurant at the end of the film looked similar to an average French restaurant? Do we have any screenshots?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

Remy's rat restaurant at the end of the film is called "La Ratatouille". Here's a screenshot of the sign:

But one thing doesn't make sense. If the exterior of the ride/restaurant is supposed to represent real full-size Paris, then won't it be a bit jarring if you walk through the door of La Ratatouille and you're instantly "shrunk down" to the size of a rat?

Columbiad

So hold on - the exterior of the show building clearly depicts Gusteau's restaurant - why would the interior of the restaurant be La Ratatouille?

DopeyDad

Well, perhaps it's brought together by the ride being set within Gusteau's, shrunk down, then you exit the ride in to the boutique and restaurant areas. Similar (ish) to POTC and the Blue Lagoon and the boutique.

CafeFantasia

Are you big? Are you small? Am I seeing things, am I crazy? Mark my words, ze whole sing is 'ighly suspect!  :D

[youtube:3euvdg8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLI2J3AopQ[/youtube:3euvdg8c]

Hathaway Browne

^lol

I don't think the human restaurant at the end of the film had a name, only 'Bistro' on the awning, so it's easy to call both restaurants La Ratouille.

Other option is to have the attraction's restaurant on the first floor, just like the film version, that way it can be the rodent version. And maybe Gusteau's facade will be for the ride and the restaurant will be housed with a differant frontage.

DopeyDad

If it was done that way, maybe it could look down on a part of the ride too :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Other option is to have the attraction's restaurant on the first floor, just like the film version, that way it can be the rodent version. And maybe Gusteau's facade will be for the ride and the restaurant will be housed with a differant frontage.
Quote from: "DopeyDad"If it was done that way, maybe it could look down on a part of the ride too :)
This is pretty much what the current rumours suggest. The restaurant will be on the first floor ("similar to Walt's"), above the queue line in that front portion of the building, and that it might actually overlook the queue.

Quote from: "Alan"But one thing doesn't make sense. If the exterior of the ride/restaurant is supposed to represent real full-size Paris, then won't it be a bit jarring if you walk through the door of La Ratatouille and you're instantly "shrunk down" to the size of a rat?
This is the one bit of the plan I can't quite picture yet either. Presumably the ride is going to be oversized too, so there needs to be a moment there where everything suddenly becomes big. I doubt they'll go for any Mighty Microscope-style technical explanation (Rémy is also a master scientist?), so maybe it'll just be a case of the scale gradually changing as you climb the stairs, or walk down a hallway.

One important point though is that "Le Ratatouille" at the end of the film isn't the same location as Gusteau's (which closed down), is it? We don't yet know what kind of liberties they'll take with the story and setting. I very much doubt it'll be a literal reproduction or retelling of the film's locations and plot. The concept art already looks quite different to the film, and although there's a "Gusteau's" sign on the rooftops, is it actually on top of one of the façades in the foreground, or just somewhere in the distance..?

It looks to me like they want to make the ride its own entity, its own adventure.

CafeFantasia

To clarify:

QuoteDespite the positive review, Gusteau's is closed down due to the rodent infestation, and Anton loses credibility as a critic. However, Anton becomes an investor and eagerly helps fund a popular new bistro, "La Ratatouille", created by Linguini, Remy and Colette, featuring a kitchen designed for Remy to work in, and dining areas for both humans and rats alike.

Here are some screenshots of "La Ratatouille" bistro (a small restaurant serving moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting). Here's the exterior:

Here's the interior (for humans):

And here's the miniature restaurant for rats, upstairs:

Hathaway Browne

^Thanks for those. Looking at the human restaurant picture I immediately thought it'd be an ideal setting for the ubiquitous gift shop.
Then again, that'd be a little odd, maybe it could be just the foyer area for the upstairs restaurant, just like Walt's.

Josh

That'd actually be quite nice, if we had the rat restaurant. I was expecting a dank room in between the floor boards. The leaves and the fairy lights would have a nice atmosphere.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]