Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

So this will have fastpass too?

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "peter"So this will have fastpass too?
I wouldn't bet against it. They seem to plan them in from the start these days.

On the subject of the restaurant, great news. Glad to hear this new attraction will be the full package. They really do need it to be one of the big guns in the park, so you might as well have all the bells and whistles.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

CafeFantasia

For those unfamiliar with the ride vehicles used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt, here's a great photo of them. It's not much of a stretch to imagine these honey pots (overflowing with honey) rethemed as cooking pots (overflowing with food).

As you can see, there is no track on the floor. The advantage of this is that the vehicles can split up at certain parts in the ride, and regroup later on. So as a guest, you never really know where you're going to go, which adds to the repeatability of the attraction. Also, the vehicles are capable of spinning on the spot, bouncing up and down, and even driving backwards!

More photos on: TheThemeParkGuy.com

Columbiad

Love the Kitchen Calamity mock-up, Alan! ;D

BadKid

Quote from: "Alan"For those unfamiliar with the ride vehicles used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt, here's a great photo of them. It's not much of a stretch to imagine these honey pots (overflowing with honey) rethemed as cooking pots (overflowing with food).

As you can see, there is no track on the floor. The advantage of this is that the vehicles can split up at certain parts in the ride, and regroup later on. So as a guest, you never really know where you're going to go, which adds to the repeatability of the attraction. Also, the vehicles are capable of spinning on the spot, bouncing up and down, and even driving backwards!

Wow, technology has advanced- a lot.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

davewasbaloo

And that is pretty old tech. When you look at Hunny Hunt, Indy/dinosaur, spiderman/transformers/Dar Kastle, and Harry Potter - DLP is really behind when it comes to state of the art dark ride vehicles.
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

Right, I'd say the most modern ride system that Disneyland Paris has is the one for the Tower of Terror.

But, compared to Universal, no Disney theme park in the World has any ride system as sophisticated as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey's. So it's not just Disneyland Paris that's behind!

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Alan"For those unfamiliar with the ride vehicles used in Pooh's Hunny Hunt, here's a great photo of them. It's not much of a stretch to imagine these honey pots (overflowing with honey) rethemed as cooking pots (overflowing with food).

Pooh's Hunny Hunt is an amazing ride and different each time you ride it.  There also a trackless ride at DisneySea called Auqatopia but being outside it effect is not the same as PHH

Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

peter

That always looks so right for discoveryland.

Hathaway Browne

I'd be fantastic if it did use the same system as Hunny Hunt, but would it be a huge problem if they ended up using a traditional dark ride mechanism?

Sure it be incredibly disappointing that Paris was once again missing out on new ride tech, but (trying to be devils advocate here) a new attraction is still a new attraction. Providing the theme and story of the attraction work out right I guess I'll be happy either way.

Josh

I don't think it matters that much, anyway. Each ride system is different and new ones don't necessarily need to replace the old ones. Typewriters didn't replace pen and paper, and neither will the trackless ride system replace the doom buggies.

I haven't seen how Harry Potter works, though. Is it the same as the Spiderman ride?

Quote from: "peter"That always looks so right for discoveryland.
Well it is in Port Discovery. The retro-futuristic theme is the same. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

In fact both Port Discovery and Mysterious Island have themes that fit under the umbrella of Discoveryland. Personally, I'd like it if our Discoveryland'd be more like Mysterious Island. But anyway - off topic! :)

CafeFantasia

@Meph

You haven't seen how the Harry Potter ride system works? Well, imagine a bench with 4 people sat side-by-side, attached to a huge industrial robotic arm that moves along a track!

Josh

Wow! I've never seen anything like that except in concepts! When I first heard about the ride, I thought I read it was just a walk-through attraction! Definitely not! XD

You'd need a massive showbuilding for that!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Hathaway Browne

I've never seen that picture either. I've often wondered exactly how it worked, so thanks Alan. :)

Now that wouldn't exactly work with Ratatouille, but I think it'd work great for either The Incredibles or The Avengers... and there's still plenty of space going at WDS to fit it in.

Definitely something that needs putting on the WDS 'to do' list. ;)