Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I'm still predicting a 2014 completion date. Major attractions like this take about 2 years to construct and test, before opening. So if they start work tomorrow, then yeah, 2014 is when it'll open. Perhaps it will be open in Spring 2014, or Summer 2014, but I think Autumn 2014 is a realistic date considering that they haven't started yet.

Now that Ratatouille is sorted, what about that smaller mystery attraction that's supposed to open next year, 2013?

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Probably a permanent meet and greet somewhere - they seem popular at the moment.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

|Q|

finally, awesome!

spicy

Great news for the park! Would have been such a shame to see those wonderful Ratatouille plans cancelled.

Let's just hope we get the full attraction and not a 'watered down' version.

Can't wait to see what else they have planned for the WDS. That's quite a healthy budget they have to play around with!

CafeFantasia

I think after opening Ratatouille, the next thing they should do is put a major attraction in Production Courtyard (such as Soarin' with an Iron Man theme) and then remodel the entire area to give it a clear sense of place and time. It should feel like you've stepped back in time to the 1940s or 1930s, rather than the current generic theme.

Columbiad

I'd love to see a bit of TLC given to the Backlot as well. Maybe a wee shake-up for Armageddon? A better facade for Rock 'n' Roller coaster?
With the building of a Ratatouille restaurant, I'll  also be intrigued to see what happens to Rendezvous des Stars.

Josh

If construction starts this or next month, I actually think this could be built by the end of 2013. It's not a huge attraction (at least in comparison to other E-tickets), and isn't on the same scale as Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland. It should just be one Parisian façade, a courtyard in front and a soundstage similar to the one used for Crush Coaster. Then again, I'm not an expert. :P

Does anyone know how long Pooh's Honey Hunt took to build?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

Remember they did all the land-clearing over the summer, that might take a good few months off construction.

BadKid

What type of attraction will it be? A walkthrough?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

CafeFantasia

No Lady Gaga, Ratatouille will not be a walkthrough attraction. It will supposedly be a slow-moving trackless dark ride, similar to Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland. As you can see in this video, the vehicles are not fixed to a track, and so are free to move around independently in seemingly random ways:

[youtube:33dnwgnz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Bas2Kp4Eo&hd=1[/youtube:33dnwgnz]

peter

Well this is great news, and shows that Paris hasn't been forgotten.

I see Paris being at the next D23 expo, in 2013.

Martyn

Can I just ask, whats actually been confirmed investment wise?

andrewuk

Just a couple of memories from when ToT was being built: there were plenty of people ready to say that it would be done on the cheap, that it wouldn't have the Twilight Zone theme, etc, and it all turned out perfectly. With the right vision and budget, and they certainly have this now, WDI will deliver us something superb.

Also, Hollywood Boulevard and Stitch live! appeared quite out of the blue at the end of the ToT project, maybe with a bit of left over money? Right now I am expecting just an amazing attraction, restaurant and themed area; the studios' POTC. But I am hoping for some stocking fillers later on too!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

peter

That would be good. I just wonder though... Why now? They never had the urge to do this before.

BadKid

Quote from: "Alan"No Lady Gaga, Ratatouille will not be a walkthrough attraction. It will supposedly be a slow-moving trackless dark ride, similar to Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disneyland. As you can see in this video, the vehicles are not fixed to a track, and so are free to move around independently in seemingly random ways:

[youtube:i2sumkoq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Bas2Kp4Eo&hd=1[/youtube:i2sumkoq]

Ah right :) thanks.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)