Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

I thought that too, and it's good that villages nature will be linked to the parks via shuttle buses.

Josh

The information about the banks came from a shareholders meeting. The notes were posted by APPAED on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4941397532

Here's the translated version:
QuoteFIFTH AND LAST PART OF THE MINUTES OF THE ROUND TABLE 4 January

Final Questions

Question: how to keep security personnel is inadequate. They let strollers and bags searched. They are sometimes very violent. Sometimes they chat and let everyone pass.
PG: we have invested heavily in our security service. We are able to know who does what and follow someone. If necessary, they are people involved in civil and try not to disturb.

Question: but one can hide anything, it's very easy.
PG: The property is complicated to be protected. Security is a nightmare. We signed an agreement for the plaza, except a strip in front of the RER. We will be able to act differently. Disneyland Paris is a target in France.

Question: why not ban small planes flying over, it's dangerous.
PG: it has a long way to go. It was about the same passage as Roissy Airport, but it does not have the same powers in security and protection of space. This is progressing slowly.
The growth of the population of Val d'Europe is an issue. Currently 30 000 inhabitants, it is provided in the agreement signed with the state to double. This has implications for the surrounding communities in terms of equipment, infrastructure ...

Question: controls at the entrance of the Park are mandatory?
PG: This is the Vigipirate. We try to make it the simplest and most effective way possible.

Question: What are the future projects, Ratatouille, and after?
PG: Our plan focuses on the Studio. But working with investment constraints: they must request permission to 65 banks. For Ratatouille, is expected.

Then we develop the Walt Disney Studio to make it a complete destination for a day: in attractions, restaurants and shops. There are currently no restaurant where is the mass of visitors. This causes a potential loss.
The development plan includes many ideas, but it's too early to tell.

Question: the banks have less confidence than you?
PG: not necessarily. What is important is that they say yes and no time they take. They have the same interest as us. The Deposit and Consignment Office, the State, they are philosophically with us, but it is a question of availability.
Today the French banks are a little caught up in and have other priorities.

Question: tap into your reserves?
PG: we still have Banks that say yes. The economic fact that it takes time. We signed an agreement with the State for 30 years, so there will continue to work together. The state has invested 600 million euros, which is nothing compared to the return. So there is interest in the machine continues to produce.

Question: there are rumors of amusement ads before the 20th anniversary.
PG: I do not know. Looking at the concepts that work in Europe, we see if it exists at Disney. It was the biggest creative machine in history and the world at our disposal.
Many ideas are circulating, Disney has signed with the director of Avatar to develop a Avatarland to Disneyworld. It is possible to expand internationally.
It also reflects what the Walt Disney Studio in the future.

The same for the Village that the Village should be tomorrow. He has aged considerably. We try to rethink it. Especially in June opened the World of Disney. We must rethink the supply of shops on the street. It is brands that are related with our values ??and the type of visitors looking for.
Geographic expansion is planned.
Some ideas already: there is a great demand for an Italian family restaurant.
The Wild West Show has over 20 years, but it is still profitable, there is no urgency to replace it. There are requests for Broadway, Zorro, for example. But the configuration of the room is special and it would be a shame to lose the ability to restore.

Hotel level you can do better but you have to increase capacity in two categories: moderate and luxury. We can extend the Disneyland Hotel, but must be taken in the parking lot.
We need another luxury hotel at the entrance to a park. We have the potential: we have another For this we have in place.
These are long term projects, of 5 to 10 years.
The Framework Agreement presents concepts, following is the "how to do." Phase IV has been delayed. Negotiations for funding are in progress, this should be finalized in the spring. Meanwhile we are an extension of Phase III.
The Region and the Department have the budget cycles.

End of the Round Table.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

CafeFantasia

QuoteThen we develop the Walt Disney Studio to make it a complete destination for a day: in attractions, restaurants and shops. There are currently no restaurant where is the mass of visitors. This causes a potential loss.
The development plan includes many ideas, but it's too early to tell.

I like this quote. Who said it? Philippe Gas? Ah, just went to the Facebook page, and yes, Philippe said it.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'd love to see more restaurants in WDS, we never eat there, aside from the odd portion of chips as we leave.

I'd also love to see what their post Ratatouille plans are for attractions. I know he's mentioned in the past about having Marvel in the 3rd park, but I bet they'll find it hard to resist adding something into WDS, given it's suitability and attraction to an older clientèle than Pixar.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Pizzaplanet

What's about the third park mentioned in several posts?

ED SCA needs 65 banks to approve a single ride and people are already talking about a third park in Paris. Which bank would Disney lend the money to build a third park when the two existing parks make hardly any money to have a positive financial year?

The next thing is that ED SCA extended the agreement with the French government until 2030. So if Disney wants to use the Marvel characters, I'm pretty sure they want to use it now and not in 10 to 15 years. In my opinion that's the time frame when Disney is thinking about adding a third park. So I think Marvel will not be used for a third park and I guess it will be used for a subland in WDSP. That's a lot cheaper than building a whole new park.

TWDC is investing heavily in China and in the US and so DLRP will play a minor role for the company.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Philippe Gas, in an interview with UK newspaper The Telegraph, said a few months ago that DLP is looking to open a 3rd park in 2020 and that that 3rd park "could be a Marvel super-heroes theme park".

Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "PirateSteve"Philippe Gas, in an interview with UK newspaper The Telegraph, said a few months ago that DLP is looking to open a 3rd park in 2020 and that that 3rd park "could be a Marvel super-heroes theme park".

Actually PG said that a decision about a third park might not be made until 2020 ;)

Mr Gas said a decision to build the third theme park may not be made until 2020, though it may be brought forward if planned work on the existing Disney Studios Park is completed.

The full article is here........http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... tions.html

David

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Ahh, thanks for the correction - I was reading it on a French website - lost in translation!

Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

CafeFantasia

It's silly making predictions like this, but I reckon we'll see the Ratatouille ride open by Autumn 2014.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Alan"It's silly making predictions like this, but I reckon we'll see the Ratatouille ride open by Autumn 2014.

You must be a 'Glass Half Full' kinda person :lol:  :thumbs:

David

15MagicalYears

That was an interesting read, thanks for the translated version.
I presume the second luxury hotel at the entrance of the park would be the Studios themed hotel rumoured around here before?

peter

That would be an interesting place to stay.

Also, disney may seem more involved in Asia, but lets not forget that we now have the worst Disney park on earth, so soon they'll look at working on Paris. Besides, we already know that Imagineering have a masterplan sorted.

andrewuk

Mr Gas has gone up in my estimation! A new line of credit from TWDC (probably how he got the banks convinced) and a new attraction in WDS!

//http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t26294-nouvelle-ligne-de-credit-de-150-millions-d-euros-de-la-part-de-la-walt-disney-company

and here's the official news:

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2012-01-10-ligne-de-credit.pdf

:D
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Josh

YEEESSSS!!!! It's the news we've all wanted to hear. Ratatouille will be built and we'll finally be able to see what else the Imagineers have planned for the park.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

This is fantastic, and also nice to be emailed about this as a shareholder :)

Alan. you still predicting a 2014 completion date or do you want to go for an earlier date now?

Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13