Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

QuoteThe movie shown there is really dated and although it was nice to watch it and relax a bit, the movie should be replaced.

I absolutely love Impressions de France. It's one of my favourite things at Epcot. The scenery is so inspiring and the music is so beautiful. Actually, I should stress that again. Impressions de France has a PHENOMENAL soundtrack. Yes, the shots including people seem dated and could do with an update, but the landscapes and architecture are timeless.

[youtube:zvr8ydrn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOo3MCHz3SY[/youtube:zvr8ydrn]

dagobert

The soundtrack was really good and the landscape shown in the movie is beautiful. Maybe I didn't like it that much, because I was already tired. It was one of the last things we have done that day. Although it was nice to relax a bit in the theatre.

Disney should shoot a new Impressions de France movie.

davewasbaloo

I too love Impressions de France. If I recall, it, like the O Canada movie (the original one) were real world's fair presentations that moved to Epcot. They are designed to showcase the countries they represent. Epcot Center was built as a permanent world's fair, and other than meet and greets, they shouldn't have characters IMHO. This is one of the many reasons I HATE what they did to the Living Seas and Mexico.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I too love Impressions de France. If I recall, it, like the O Canada movie (the original one) were real world's fair presentations that moved to Epcot. They are designed to showcase the countries they represent. Epcot Center was built as a permanent world's fair, and other than meet and greets, they shouldn't have characters IMHO. This is one of the many reasons I HATE what they did to the Living Seas and Mexico.

Now they have even added the fairies to EPCOT. What do fairies have to do with a foreign cultures and technology. For example in the Mexico Pavillion lines were longer for meeting Donald Duck than for the Gran Fiesta Tour.

peter

i guess though that if you had never been to france, it would seem pretty realistic. what is important to remember is that disneyworld in the 1980s was still mainly for the american market. now there is always someone there who has seen paris at least once there(can't remember where i have seen this statistic)

dagobert

Are there any new informations about the ride, because DLRP_bopazot from Micechat.com claims that Ratatouille is abck on track and construction goes on.

Josh

Construction that hasn't even started "goes on"? :? Do you mean that they're making the preparations for its construction? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Martyn

^ Work has been taking place on that site for some time now.

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"^ Work has been taking place on that site for some time now.

They have only cleared the construction site, but that's it. Disney is still waiting that the banks greenlight the project. As long as there is no approval from the banks, Disney can't start to build the ride.

dagobert

Vincent from Micechat.com clarified that they are doing something for the electricity, but construction on the ride didn't start.

Josh

You can tell that they're confident that it's going to be built. The Imagineers aren't going to want their work to have been wasted. I'm pushing my luck, but I'm really confident that they'll start construction this winter! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

just wondering, have any planning permissions by a disney park been turned down?

Josh

I don't think so. If they allowed the Tower of Terror (which can be seen many kilometres away), then I think they'd accept anything. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

I may be wrong on that, but I think I read somewhere that the first version of the TOT was not allowed to be built, because it was made of steel and that was against the French Construction Law. That's why the DLRP TOT is made of concrete while the others are made of steel.

As long as WDI doesn't violate any French Construction Laws, there will be no problem.

In Florida TWDC serves as the local government of the Reedy Creek District and of Lake Buena Vista, these are the districts on which WDW is built, and so they can create their own construction codes. There they are just binded by Federal Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Buena_Vista,_Florida
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Cree ... t_District

dagobert

Muetto from DCP has posted a picture of the construction site. Unfortunately there is still nothing happening:

http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2245 ... os#1001100