Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Being Rats in a restaurant, and therefore trying not to get spotted/caught by the chefs couldn't really be done well unless we have the unpredictable movement of the trackless system. A PM style omnimover would be too slow and unsuited to the rat theme IMO.

The attraction was rumoured to be on several levels going back, and this building looks big enough for that.

Come on you bankers, say the word!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

It would be great if bankers did something nice :0
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Does someone know how long it will take to get the approval from the banks? How long did it take for Tower of Terror and TSPL?

Martyn

QuoteYes and no. If the scale is the same, it will be bigger than It's a Small World and Phantom Manor (not coloured in), but smaller than PotC (as they have not coloured the whole building including the Blue Lagoon section). We do not know how large or small the restaurant section will be.

If you look carefully you can see that it hasn't all been coloured in, so I'd guess that area infront of the red is for the restaurant etc.

davewasbaloo

Good spot Martyn, I didn't notice that. Should be sizeable then.

dagobert

Someone on another forum thinks that Ratatouille would be perfect for the France Pavillion at EPCOT. The movie shown there is really dated and although it was nice to watch it and relax a bit, the movie should be replaced. Nevertheless I'm against Ratatouille in EPCOT, I think the attractions in World Showcase or at EPCOT in general shouldn't be based on Disney toons. Unfortunately WDI ruined Tim Delaney's wonderful The Living Seas Pavillion with Nemo and the Gran Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros. EPCOT is about foreign cultures and technology and not about stupid toons. I also think DLRP needs an attraction that no other Disney resort has.

On the other hand, if another resort gets the ride, research and development could be shared by the DLRP and WDW.

Since Ratatouille wasn't that popular in the US like in Europe, there is a possibility that it will only come to Paris.

CafeFantasia

Selfishly, I like the idea of Disneyland Paris getting clones of the best attractions from Disneyland and Walt Disney World. But I don't like the idea of our unique attractions getting cloned BACK to those parks (e.g. Le Visionarium, Lights Motors Action).

If the Walt Disney Studios Park does indeed get a Ratatouille dark ride, I hope it stays unique to Disneyland Paris. If the Americans want to ride it, they'll have to travel to Europe :-)

davewasbaloo

Agreed Alan. Though by the same token, I would love Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Splash Mountain, Soarin' and a Test Track/Journey to the Centre of the Earth/Radiator Racers type attraction to come to Paris, so if it means they got Rat, so be it.

But Rat should not go into Epcot, Epcot should be really about the country. If WDW did get a copy, then the Studios would be a better location there too.

dagobert

I totally agree with you guys. DLRP should be the only one to get Ratatouille. I wonder why DLRP wants something unique. Don't get me wrong, it's great, but it also means higher costs due to research and development, while tried und used rides are cheaper.

If WDW gets Rat, then, like DWB already said, it should get built in DHS in the Pixar Studios part. I think I read somewhere that disney thinks about adding a Monsters Inc. coaster.

paterdave2

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed Alan. Though by the same token, I would love Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Splash Mountain, Soarin' and a Test Track/Journey to the Centre of the Earth/Radiator Racers type attraction to come to Paris, so if it means they got Rat, so be it.

But Rat should not go into Epcot, Epcot should be really about the country. If WDW did get a copy, then the Studios would be a better location there too.

They already got the moteurs stunt show and panoramagique so that's mean we should be getting something in return.
I like the idea of swapping rides but a unique ride for a park is a great benefit I think.
If all rides go to all the parks we don't need to go to disneyland because we can go here in Paris and ride the same rides.
I love the idea what is happening now that we have simular rides but with a little twist. Like TOT and POTC the rides are of the same origin but go a diffrent way.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Anthony

Ironically, from the looks of the concept art and plans, our "toon" Paris will probably look more realistic than Epcot's, but yes the ride would be totally wrong for World Showcase. The Gran Fiesta Tour for example at least tells you a bit about Mexico, whereas riding through a restaurant as a rat doesn't tell you anything about France. Except that their restaurants are infested by rats?

Hopefully the only WDS/Epcot crossover will remain the benches:

Columbiad

I wonder if we'll be getting any sort Eiffel Tower with it. Hopefully one better than the flimsy looking replica at Epcot - we're gonna need something a bit more authentic looking if it's gonna fool the locals!

CafeFantasia

@Anthony

I love France at World Showcase in Epcot. But I know what you mean, it doesn't look totally realistic. I think it's really more to do with the paintwork than the design of the buildings. The colours are too strong and garish to make you believe you're really in France.

So, yeah, our Ratatouille area will probably look way better than that. And, given that it's going to be 30 years newer, it's kind of what you'd expect from WDI. I think they learnt a lot from Animal Kingdom, in terms of, how to make buildings look so authentic and genuine that you forget you're in a theme park. Hopefully they will apply that knowledge to our Ratatouille area.

pussinboots

Haha, I agree about the French Pavilion. I always think they had a bit too much faith in the power of forced perspective. Although I'm sure it's great for people who are blind in one eye. And yes, the paintwork is odd — everything in Paris is made of grey limestone. So why did they pick those warm Mediterranean colors? Seems more like Barcelona.

CentralPlazaPerson

Source: Squeeks, Disney Central Plaza