Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I think it doesn't matter that Phantasialand has a similiar ride. Ratatouille was very successful in Europe, especially in France and it would be perfect for WDS.
Dave, I really hope your friend was wrong.

davewasbaloo

Me too, though I must confess there are other things in the Blue Sky stage I would have preferred, sorry, I promised I would not discuss them as they may reveal a source, but there were other more true to theme options they were exploring, some were very exciting and world class. By all accounts, Rat was opted for initially because it used tried and tested tech with an out of the box theme. Shame.
since 2001 (many before that)

Columbiad

Wow wow wow. This is fantastic, even if it doesnt come to fruition - it just satifies my hunger for knowledge about the ride.

The plans show a variation in the shape of the building, and show where Gusteau's will be (the furthest left hand building, from the arcitecthure and sign above it, stangly not the centre one), and, from the blueprint and concept art, a fountain! (!!!!) Nothing quite ressembles the building from the film yet:

A few questions:

:arrow: What is the BATIMENT TARZAN, as seen above the BATIMENT IMAGINATION? A storage facility for the show?

:arrow: The road streatching from Cars Race Rally and down past the back of Art of Animation is called Route 66 - has it always been called this?

:arrow: Has there ever been any clue as to what sort of resteraunt is expected to be included here?

Love the fact Linguini's in the concept art.  :P

CafeFantasia

Notice how the shape of the building in these new plans is different to the old plans. Perhaps the ride was delayed because the Imagineers had to change their designs, altering the layout of the facility?

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Me too, though I must confess there are other things in the Blue Sky stage I would have preferred, sorry, I promised I would not discuss them as they may reveal a source, but there were other more true to theme options they were exploring, some were very exciting and world class. By all accounts, Rat was opted for initially because it used tried and tested tech with an out of the box theme. Shame.

Even if Ratatouille is a used, tried and tested technology, it is still something we haven't seen in Paris. The ride technology was only used once for the Pooh ride in Tokyo and it is one of the most popular rides in Tokyo. Given ED SCA's financial situation, I think it is the best to use a tested and tried technology, because it is cheaper to maintain.

davewasbaloo

Agreed, though in Tokyo it is all very good audio animatronics. The plans in Paris is mainly film based. It is ok, but trust me, still falls short of some of the other attractions (but I don't like toons in the parks, so that may taint my view as well - lol). But yes, this could still be very exciting. A family dark ride is very much needed in WDSP, and this would help greatly.

Heck, the Paris street was the best part of the WDSP expansion last year!

15MagicalYears

I'm all for Ratatouille but if there are ideas out there, like Davewasbaloo says, that are more fitting to the studios theme then I'd rather see them.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed, though in Tokyo it is all very good audio animatronics. The plans in Paris is mainly film based. It is ok, but trust me, still falls short of some of the other attractions (but I don't like toons in the parks, so that may taint my view as well - lol). But yes, this could still be very exciting. A family dark ride is very much needed in WDSP, and this would help greatly.

Heck, the Paris street was the best part of the WDSP expansion last year!

I know you can't unveil the other attractions, but since you prefere them over Ratatouille, I assume that they are not based on toons. Did WDI design the other attractions you have seen also for WDS, or could they be built in DLP, or in other resorts, like Shanghai?

davewasbaloo

yes, yes and yes.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"yes, yes and yes.

Now I'm really curious!! I'm so excited that WDI still designs attractions not based on toons. It has been a long time that we have seen an original ride. TOT doesn't count, because it was already created in the 90ies. At least HKDL gets two rides not based on toons and hopefully the majority of the SHDL attractions will be original ones.

CafeFantasia

One reason I'm particularly excited about a Ratatouille ride coming to Disneyland Paris is because of the film's music. All of the best attractions, the really magical ones, are taken to that higher level by having awesome soundtracks. The film Ratatouille has a beautiful soundtrack by Michael Giacchino, just listen to these tracks:

• Wall Rat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYs0-PkwrwU
• Abandoning Ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1Ux1dYly0
• Dinner Rush http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91T-D6uGNik

If any of this music makes up the soundtrack of the ride, it is going to be a truly magical experience.

davewasbaloo

Good point Alan, it is a lovely score. Also, if we can get a quality themed table service, that would be awesome too.

dagobert

Maybe DLRP tested how people would react on a Ratatouille restaurant when they transformed The Manhattan restaurant?

A few weeks ago TWDC registered Ratatouille as a trademark for a restaurant in Paris. I have posted the news somewhere in this thread.

davewasbaloo

Well there is of course the new Ratatoille restaurant on the new Disney Dream ship, Remy's has lovely gold leaf plates and decore that they could use in Paris to save costs.

Columbiad

The possibility of a Ratatouille resteraunt has brought up the potential of Rendezvous des Stars. It will hopefully lose the Ratatouille theming and the Living Character, and possibly the French inspired cuisine. What then can we expect for Rendezvous des Stars?