Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hathaway Browne

Well that puts a whole different spin on it. Well I'll remain cautiously optimistic that's what they're planning.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

ulak

Is it still ready for 20th Anniversary or canceled? Something new? Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

davewasbaloo

Do not hold your breathe for the 20th, if indeed ever....
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

why do you say that dave???

Josh

Because they would have started building it by now if they were going to have it done by next year. :) The problem is that we don't even know whether it's going to be built at all, since the project doesn't have a whoever it is that manages the money (if I recall correctly).

Maybe the profits from the 20th anniversary will be able to fund this. :) After then, people probably won't want to come back to DLP for a while, so a new ride like his would give them a reason to come back.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

if they were to close the parisian street, it would speed up construction, so in theory for a 2013 opening they just have to start this winter

Hathaway Browne

Do they actually have a plan for the park at all? It just seems like they flit from one idea to another with no reason or rhyme.

What was the point of building all those hints of a Ratatouille attraction only to change their minds?

dagobert

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"Do they actually have a plan for the park at all? It just seems like they flit from one idea to another with no reason or rhyme.

What was the point of building all those hints of a Ratatouille attraction only to change their minds?

Maybe WDI in Glendale does have a plan, but since the management in Paris has the last word I'm sure that plan gets mixed up each time someone in Paris decides that a new attraction is too expensive. I don't think that carnival rides like TSPL where ever part of a WDI masterplan. Paris' management wanted new cheap as possible attractions and that's how the park is such a mish mash.

Hathaway Browne

That sounds about right. If that's the way they do things then they shouldn't be able to have attractions proposed until they pony up the money and commit to actual building it first. ;)

*TIMMIE*

According to a DisneyCentralPlaza member a building permit has been given concerning Ratatouille at 20. april.

Some concepts:

This looks great! Hope it is true this time. ;)

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... ts-page-48

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. It looks amazing and it will be a wonderful addition to WDS. Hopefully construction begins soon!!!

Honestly it looks a bit too good for WDS. Hopefully Ratatouille turns out like seen in the concept art, but after TSPL I can imagine that ED SCA wants to build the ride as cheap as possible and maybe the final product will be different.

CafeFantasia

This is frickin' excellent news. Thanks to Mouetto on the Disney Central Plaza forum for posting these images. This looks like such a classy attraction; 100% the sort of thing that Disneyland Paris should be building. It's perfect.

The three photos of the plans were taken at 00:30am this morning (16 May 2011) with an iPhone 3GS. Ah, clues ;-)

I guess we shouldn't expect it to open too soon, but 2014 doesn't sound entirely unrealistic, does it? That's my own personal estimation of when this attraction will open. Of course, to get a realistic date you may have to add 5 years on to that.

Also, I read somewhere someone getting excited about this Bâtiment Imaginations building. Bâtiment Imaginations is of course French for Imaginations Building, which is the name of the costuming building/department at Disneyland Paris.

davewasbaloo

Interesting. I am wondering if my source could be wrong. I have a friend in senior ranks, who leaked to me about Hawaii DVC way in advance, that Dubai was dead, Shanghai and HK before they were known, and has always been spot on with the parks. Their advice was Rat was dead, despite the media interviews. When Phantasialand announced last year an attraction of a very similar theme that opens this year, I thought for sure my source was correct in it being dead.

It will be great if they were wrong (or more likely it was given a repreve after our conversation).

CafeFantasia

Just found this video of "Maus au Chocolat" at Phantasialand. Yes, it does look similar. It's obviously a cheap copy of the Ratatouille film, but are they building this ride as a response to Disneyland Paris' intention to build a Ratatouille dark ride?

[youtube:107gk4sm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhoablqEzA[/youtube:107gk4sm]

davewasbaloo

I am not sure, though it would not surprise me (Phantasialand and Europa Park have been known to copy Disney or to try to beat them to the punch in Europe). Disney used that for an excuse not to have a Jungle Cruise in DLP (in the late 80's, early 90's, Europa Park, Phantasialand, Drayton Manor and other parks had their own copies already), though I suspect weather and language issues were other considerations too.