Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Now that's good news because those backdrops are in a really poor state, keep going DLP!

Martyn

I hope the Parisian area is more than just carboard back drops along the front of the Costume building.

They look on the Hollywood boulevard, as they're not serious, they're ment to look like that to give that illusion. But to have them to actually make them look like buildings to disguise the costume building is not a good move in my books. To cheap, especially for Disney!

They should build proper buildings, this is Disney after all, not Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

SM:M3

From the general speak on DCP these are temporary to hide the construction, a sort of elaborate fence,but they may be stuck onto the costuming building because of a lack of alternative?

Martyn

Ahh right, thats ok then :D

RnRCj

I think temporarily a backdrop will look much better than the boring facade of the Costuming building. Once the Paris area is built though I would hope it'd be replaced by a real facade.

guest3474

QuoteThey should build proper buildings, this is Disney after all, not Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Well, things have changed since you last went - it's called Pleasure Beach, Blackpool now.  :thumbs:
And don't rip the Pleasure Beach in front of me, as I run a Pleasure Beach fansite after all!  :evil:

I do think the costume building should be left as it is though, seeing as it is the only part of what should be a working studio actually left after the removal of the Disney Channel Television Tour.

Martyn

^ I'm not ripping it? I love that place. And my last visit was last August. Only the pedantic fanboys call it Pleasure Beach, Blackpool :P

SM:M3

Look closely at the left of the bloke in the high-vis jacket
CHEF GUSTEAU!

If the picture doesnt work heres the link; Picture
Thanks to wdsfans Twitter

Also, I wonder if the ride will have Fastpass like Pooh in Tokyo, which gets waits of up to 130mins on a busy day. Yes 2hours 10mins. That's some angry guests.

CafeFantasia

That Barrel of Monkeys tunnel isn't the best transition in theme park history, but at least they're trying. The Imagineers are clearly attempting to make the Walt Disney Studios Park more immersive and they're trying to connect opposing themes together in thoughtful ways.

You walk into a giant Barrel of Monkeys and when you come out on the other side, you realise you've just exited some kind of urban tunnel and arrived in historic Paris. I can't wait to see the whole Ratatouille area finished.

dagobert

I'm so excited about the ride and the theming of the Ratatouille area.

The picture is great. That's Disney theming!

Columbiad

I cant get to the picture.... Help please? :)

guest3474

True, the picture has gone - maybe someone could dig it out?
Basically, where the blue barrel is, on the parisean side, a stone archway has been built to protect the edge of the barrel ruining the French theming. Over the centre of the archway, a plague in the style of the heads of Mount Rushmore has Gustau's head on it, complete with chef's hat. I hope this sums it up while the picture's gone Comlumbiad.

smurfy74

here you go - i got it from DisneyCentralPlaza.com

Columbiad

Ah! Thank you so much! Especially for describing the picture before Mr Smurfy74  kindly posted it. Thank you very much!

Scissorsboi

I'm actually happy with that as a transition, it's a nice extra addition to the area and shows that little bit of extra Disney effort that WDS has been missing! I can imagine walking under the arch and then appearing out of a barrel, it works as a means of transporting you from the full sized 'adult' world to the shrunken down size of Andy's garden. The details of adding the carved faces are the details that the park needs to start looking at! This gives me a lot of hope for the area!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.