Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Holy cow, that tunnel is huge.

pussinboots

As much as I like it, it has to be said that it's still a rather abrupt transition... Americana toy world and Paris, six feet apart. A transition like that would take miles at the Disneyland Park.

Still, pretty good!

Martyn

Whilst it is an extreme transition... I think it will work well. Especially if you have quite a few extreme transitions going from one area to another. You kinda get excited to see what the next area will be like! If ya get what I mean.

Alpop

Ok Here is my 2 cents worth.
Could the tunnel be for the tram tour to pass through. While it has been mentioned that a Ratatouille dark ride could be built. Is it possible that it is just a new section on the outdated Studios tram tour?
And before you bring in the reality of Ratatouille wasn't filmed on a studio back lot. Think about how Universal studios Hollywood have added in a 360 3D King Kong section. With that you drive down a tunnel with 3D film all around you. Could this be a concept to try and merge computer generation with reality?

CafeFantasia

@Alpop

In short, no. The tunnel has a footpath going through it, for guests to walk to from Toy Story Playland to the future Ratatouille area. The Studio Tram Tour route goes around the Toy Story Playland site and alongside the Ratatouille site, not through them.

DopeyDad

I think that even these little glimmers of Rat-to-be are quite promising. The transitions will probably never be as good as they could be in a designed from the start park rather than WDS patchwork approach, but this is all looking on the right track to me.

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"Whilst it is an extreme transition... I think it will work well.
Yes, these wildly abrupt transitions are what a Studio park should be all about. The biggest problem with the park in the past was that there was simply nothing to transition from or to.

I wonder if this area will become a dedicated Ratatouille character area before the ride (touch wood) opens? The meeting areas in the current plaza are barely big enough for Remy and Emile's crowds most days. It'd allow some new or different characters to get a slot there.

guest3474

QuoteI wonder if this area will become a dedicated Ratatouille character area before the ride (touch wood) opens? The meeting areas in the current plaza are barely big enough for Remy and Emile's crowds most days. It'd allow some new or different characters to get a slot there.

I also take it that the Living Charcter Remy will move to the new Restaurant in te Parisean area aswell?
This concept could really work well if it is thought through from all angles, much unlike TSPL.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Anthony"It'd allow some new or different characters to get a slot there.

Skinner or Anton Ego, please!

Otherwise I agree with Anthony. It is all very well to say, 'WDS isn't as good as DLP or TDS.' There is nowhere else that is! With the current situation this new ride/restaurant/are are much better than anything we could realistically have hoped for.

That being said, I accept that  more theming to show that you are on a film set would be very welcome to tie the park together better.

I never thought that seeing a new ride being built would excite me like ToT did, but this one does :lol: .
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Scissorsboi

I like the idea of it being a new photo op area! I'm not a fan at all of the two in Toon Studio, they feel very temporary and cheap, I'd never buy a photo from that vista, but if the entire environment was matching the characters then I probably would.

As for the extreme transitions, I'd actually say that the WDS transitions are more obvious than the DHS ones, I walked around that park feeling that there were too many different streets and streetsets going on, none of which really felt that different to others. Our park is very much more obvious with it's area themes, it has the colour changes and different building styles which the US park seemed to lack! It'll be nice to see this area add even more definition to the park!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Festival Disney

you can't see the floor... but look at the streetlights!  :D

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#697631
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Festival Disney"you can't see the floor... but look at the streetlights!  :D

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#697631

Sweeet baby! :D  :D/

CafeFantasia

Looks like the "Promenade des Rat" will definitely be opening with Toy Story Playland in August. Presumably, like Anthony said, it will be used as a Ratatouille meet 'n' greet area until construction of the new ride is completed in 2012. Obvious information really. I don't know why I bothered saying that :-)

RnRCj

Kinda sad to say that the best part of the TSPL expansion is the path that goes round the side of it. :lol:

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Alan"Looks like the "Promenade des Rat" will definitely be opening with Toy Story Playland in August. Presumably, like Anthony said, it will be used as a Ratatouille meet 'n' greet area until construction of the new ride is completed ...
That would be really cool, but what makes you so sure? Any info I missed?