Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

Quote from: "Alan"Meanwhile, WDSfans on Twitter:

"CM's report a coblestone path is being paved between Toy Story Playland and the Costuming Building, in preparation of Ratatouille."

Yeah... that's what I said on page 19. But many are arguing about the Toon studios area instead of this new ride. Seems they missed the news.  :roll:

It's good news though! There also seem to be typical French fences, an area that seems to fit a meet and greet area. It seems there could be a facade, but that's not sure at this moment.

CafeFantasia

Here's what I said almost a month ago, on 25 May 2010:

QuoteAbout those RATATOUILLE boxes, here's my prediction for what's inside them...

I reckon there's special custom-made paving tiles in them, that they'll use to pave the path that leads from the entrance to Toy Story Playland all the way back to Ratatouille. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

And today the Disney Gazette post this. Ah, I'm so clever :-)

Poppy The Monkey

this new Parisisan area looks really nice... I was pleasently suprised today!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

You cannot see any of the gates or black orniate fences on this photo by the way.

luke85

That's looking pretty good! :D

Columbiad

Quote from: "RnRCj"We are not told this - in Crush we don't know whether we're on a set or whether we're actually supposed to riding the EAC. It's the same with Cars - are we on a set or actually at Route 66?

The Route 66 area has a large flat backdrop  - much like a filmset. With Crush, the fact that it is a Studio soundstage is clearly shown - we can see the building above the blue rocks.
Although it isnt made incredible obvious, these attractions show that they are on sets.

I wish they'd make TSP clearly a set - it'd be nice to have a giant film camera lying next to the entrance. :)

Martyn

I cant see this traditional Parisien (or however you bloody spell it) theme fitting in with the colourfulness of the Toon Studio/TSPL.... Will look very out of the place right in the middle!

mattsteveal

i suspect it will be a very pixar-esque version of traditional paris

ed-uk

Anyway Disney don't make animated films on sets and soundstages they're  hand drawn or done on computer. So in Toon Studios anything can fit if you want it to, as long as the ride is based on a cartoon film. Crushes Coaster is built on a soundstage so the building does fit into the theme of the park. It's not the same for Cars and TSPL, they take you into the film. I think Toon Studio is a good way for Disney to introduce their cartoon characters and rides into the park in a dedicated area, rather than having them spread all over the WDS. The flying Carpets on the Front Lot, Crushes Coaster next to the Stunt Show for example, I think that would be a real mish- mash. But in Toon Studios you have to suspend disbelief a bit because you woudn't make an animated film on a Soundstage. My piont being that animation lives on the movie screen and with the animaters, their drawings and in our imagination. Toon Studio isn't about the production of a cartoon film. Except for the Art of Disney Animation attraction which tells us a bit about it. The rides don't really. As I've said it's about experiencing a selection  of rides based on our favourite Disney/ Pixar cartoon films, I think.
Ed & David

RnRCj

As posted by Disneydavid in the TSPL topic:

The start of the Paris placemaking! Note to all: You might wanna save this pic in case it gets taken down.

It look pretty good already (ignoring the huge ugly steel monster in the background). The wall with the fence, the tree in the pavement... I really hope they actually make a kerb this time, although it doesn't look like it in the pic.

What I particularly like is the way they're covering the barrel to ease the transition and make the areas flow between each other - something I was talking about earlier in this topic. :thumbs:

dagobert

WOW, I'm more excited about the fence than about the rides behind it!

luke85

That looks so cool! I cannot wait to see how this area turns out :D

JelleP

Quote from: "dagobert"WOW, I'm more excited about the fence than about the rides behind it!
I know exactly how you feel right now ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

It does look good so far! Think it needs to be a bit more cartoony to fit in the Toon Studio properly.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"WOW, I'm more excited about the fence than about the rides behind it!
Haha! :lol:  I want to sit on the wall already!

What a fantastic surprise. The paving, the wall, the trees, the greenery. Room to breathe. And so bizarre to see an area that's outside of the same old WDS boundaries we've known for nearly 10 years. So many new corners to discover eh...

Hopefully Ratatouille will be toony in its own whimsical Parisian way.

SM:M3

I've read on Disney Central Plaza, some sort of backdrop may go up alongside the new path next week, as well as the backdrops on Hollywood Boulevard being replaced due to the peeling.