Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy

Started by The Butlin Boy, October 12, 2007, 10:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

That's exciting. So if this cage-thing is really for a Ratatouille ride in Paris, construction could beginn soon. But that means nothing new for DLP, no TLM ride.

Tuvok

As a Disney Pin collector, I came across the new DLRP pin releases for this month. Look at the pin on the lower left corner. It says: "Pin Attraction Ratatouille EL, 900ex, 11,90 Euro". How about that! Is the pin trading department giving us a hint? I sure does look that way! Next week Euro Disney S.C.A. will annouce the 2010 first quater revenues. I don't think they have anything good to report, so what better timing then announcing the 20th anniversary attraction: Ratatouille!  :wink:

http://dlrpfan.files.wordpress.com/2010 ... -large.jpg
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Willow

With my post of the last page I was slightly sceptical about the concept of the ride and whether it would be the best attraction to spend the money on, however now I've read this DLRP news item.....

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/02/05/rid ... ille-dome/

..... I'm becoming more enthusiastic about the idea. The Imagineers seem to be coming up with some interesting stuff. I think a projection screen inside a Dark Ride such as this could be fantastic.

SM:M3

This really could be the Space Mountain De la Terre á La Lune of the 21ST century, a truly wonderful attraction to change DLP forever. With a little luck, this could be the best attraction EVER created!

Anthony

Maybe we don't want to hype this up too much, because I seem to remember we did the same with Crush and then that was just a coaster in a box with most of its effects cut. How do we know this dome projection system will actually make it to Paris?

But just to ignore myself for a minute, this is exactly what I dreamt of for this project. Being totally immersed in a fast-moving, projection-filled dark ride. Mr Toad's Wild Ride at rat size for the 21st Century with a bit (and I stress "bit") of Spider-Man thrown in (with the projection effects). The only thing to diminish it is that the email I received mentioned... track. But then he said himself, he only really knew what the dome was for.

CafeFantasia

Anyone on here been on the Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure? If you take off your 3-D glasses during the ride, the screens still appear to have depth to them, due to the "squinching" effect. Basically, the projection on the screens is distorted relative to the position of the vehicle.

It would be SO cool and SO effective if Disney built a dark-ride with 2-D projection screens, but with the "squinching" effect. Like I said, the projection doesn't need to be in 3-D for the screens to appear to be a window; an extension of the real set into a virtual world.

http://www.awn.com/mag/issue4.02/4.02pa ... erman.php3

Columbiad

Confused.

How big is this dome? How many viehicles are expected to fit inside? Because if its like the Pooh Honey Hunt, then does that not mean that its going to be pretty cramped in there? If if not, is there going to be a dome for each viehicle?

Willow

Quote from: "Columbiad"Confused.

How big is this dome? How many viehicles are expected to fit inside? Because if its like the Pooh Honey Hunt, then does that not mean that its going to be pretty cramped in there? If if not, is there going to be a dome for each viehicle?

26 feet high x 30 feet wide. (Or 8 metres x 9 metres).

JelleP

Quote from: "Columbiad"How big is this dome? How many viehicles are expected to fit inside? Because if its like the Pooh Honey Hunt, then does that not mean that its going to be pretty cramped in there? If if not, is there going to be a dome for each viehicle?
That done was just a model!
I'm not sure but they won't make it so small, will they?

I hope WDI won't let us down with this new ride... :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

andrewuk

Another rumour regarding the capacity cropped up over on the dlp.info forum:
//http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=83436&mode=full&page=
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Mrs. Jennes

Hmm, the post must not mean anything , there isn't any source! :(

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

SM:M3

Quote from: "Tuvok"As a Disney Pin collector, I came across the new DLRP pin releases for this month. Look at the pin on the lower left corner. It says: "Pin Attraction Ratatouille EL, 900ex, 11,90 Euro". How about that! Is the pin trading department giving us a hint? I sure does look that way! Next week Euro Disney S.C.A. will annouce the 2010 first quater revenues. I don't think they have anything good to report, so what better timing then announcing the 20th anniversary attraction: Ratatouille!  :wink:

http://dlrpfan.files.wordpress.com/2010 ... -large.jpg

Perhaps the ride vehicles will be teacups?

Anthony

Quote from: "andrewuk"Another rumour regarding the capacity cropped up over on the dlp.info forum:
That it'll be between Tower of Terror and Small World? Very specific...

Quote from: "SM:M3"Perhaps the ride vehicles will be teacups?
The pin is for Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Remy and Emile were just thrown in as characters.

andrewuk

Quote from: "Mrs. Jennes"Hmm, the post must not mean anything , there isn't any source! :(

That's why I said 'rumour', but as Meeko has put his location as Chessy I guess that he's a CM.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

andrewuk

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "andrewuk"Another rumour regarding the capacity cropped up over on the dlp.info forum:
That it'll be between Tower of Terror and Small World? Very specific...

But at least, if it's true, it means that it won't be another very low capacity popular ride like Crush or Peter Pan.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne