Pirates of the Carribean | official topic

Started by Owain, January 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav182

Yes, that must be it. I thought I remembered a little one at the beginning, thank you.

I think my problem is that I get myself really worked up and nervous and it makes me worse.  :oops: I need some calming tricks!

I did really like this ride, with all the models and effects. And the queue isn't usually too bad which is good.
Grumpy, my Prince Charming!!!!

CafeFantasia

I'm all for these updates. The way they've done them in Disneyland and Walt Disney World is subtle and appears to really enhance the ride, rather than mess it up (like Space Mountain Mission 2).

The Davy Jones projection effect looks beautiful, and is something that would wow a lot of people. But where could it go in Paris? I'd say, either in the very dark tunnel before the first drop down into the battle scene. Or perhaps directly after the last drop just before you move into those huge caves. I'm not too sure how much sense it would make, but those seem like the two most obvious locations.

It's worth remembering, Disneyland isn't a museum. It should be a living, evolving, work in progress. The attractions should be modified and "plussed" over time. Pirates in Paris has been exactly the same since it opened, over 17 years ago now! It's time for a change.

[youtube:27lykktn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTQ5eWBlApY[/youtube:27lykktn]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Alan"The Davy Jones projection effect looks beautiful, and is something that would wow a lot of people. But where could it go in Paris? I'd say, either in the very dark tunnel before the first drop down into the battle scene. Or perhaps directly after the last drop just before you move into those huge caves. I'm not too sure how much sense it would make, but those seem like the two most obvious locations.

It'd have to go in the cave at the end of the ride wouldn't it

I wouldn't mind if they made changes, as long as they were really subtle. So I wouldn't mind Barbossa on the Ship (even though the current Captain is very cool :wink: ), the Davy Jones effect in the caves, or a Jack in the village scene, but only if they didn't replace the music for the stuff from the films, or change the dialogue to stuff like "Where's Jack Sparrow", etc. :)

dagobert

I liked the additions to the ride at WDW a lot. I really hope that Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones will make it to DLRP.

As Alan said before, Disneyland is not a museum and in my opinion it is necessary to attract new generations to the ride. Now the movies are so popular and nearly everybody is familiar with the new characters and so I think that the movies should now inspire the attraction.

Walt Disney himself was looking into the future and didn't stuck in the past.

Joseph Carter

Quote from: "Alan"It's worth remembering, Disneyland isn't a museum. It should be a living, evolving, work in progress. The attractions should be modified and "plussed" over time.[/youtube]

I couldn't agree more. Walt wanted things to change and evolve. I believe this update will be perfect in Paris. After going on it in USA last year I thought It didn't ruin the ride, it makes it even more spectacular. :D  And there is nothing wrong with that.
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!

never2old

I would be very upset if they changed the ride in Paris. I've seen videos of the updates done in the other parks, and they do look good, but I still think our version of the ride, the original version of the ride, is the best. I love the movies and all, but we shouldn't forget that it was the ride that inspired the movies, and not the other way around.

RnRCj

Quote from: "never2old"I would be very upset if they changed the ride in Paris. I've seen videos of the updates done in the other parks, and they do look good, but I still think our version of the ride, the original version of the ride, is the best. I love the movies and all, but we shouldn't forget that it was the ride that inspired the movies, and not the other way around.
=D>

Let's keep our Pirates as it is. There nothing wrong with it, so why do we need an upgrade? The money could be much better spent elsewhere. My cousin had seen the the POTC movies before she rode the attraction, and she didn't complain that there was no Jack Sparrow and co.

Besides, if this did happen the focus of the ride for most people would be to see Jack Sparrow. The attraction's original story and theme would be ignored to some extent.

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "never2old"I would be very upset if they changed the ride in Paris. I've seen videos of the updates done in the other parks, and they do look good, but I still think our version of the ride, the original version of the ride, is the best. I love the movies and all, but we shouldn't forget that it was the ride that inspired the movies, and not the other way around.
=D>

Let's keep our Pirates as it is. There nothing wrong with it, so why do we need an upgrade? The money could be much better spent elsewhere. My cousin had seen the the POTC movies before she rode the attraction, and she didn't complain that there was no Jack Sparrow and co.

Besides, if this did happen the focus of the ride for most people would be to see Jack Sparrow. The attraction's original story and theme would be ignored to some extent.
Totally agree with you, I would just like our version to have a lighting/sound/effects overhaul! Make it look top-notch!

Willow

I'm not too keen about including Captain Jack in Pirates.

But maybe a few modern characters are fine, as long as the rest of the ride gets some modern technology added. There are a number of areas where the ride can be plussed.

It's very much something which I can see/would like to see happen for the 20th anniversary.
Lots of focus on the original attractions which have been around since 1992 but have now plussed.
I think it would be a nice marketing campaign, focussing on a traditional feel to the celebration.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Jack in the village scene, but only if they didn't replace the music for the stuff from the films, or change the dialogue to stuff like "Where's Jack Sparrow", etc. :)
Of course they wouldn't. It's French, it would be "Ou est le Jack Sparrow?" :P

I wouldn't mind either way, personally. If it provided an excuse for them to get the swordfighting pirates to work again, instead of just flailing wildly, I'm all for it.

The Helmsman

I couldn't agree more.
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

bekiboo26

I know it's a bit early, but does anyone know if POTC will be closed in january? And if so, on what dates?

I don't want to book for january until i know dates of POTC closures, as it's our favourite ride!
Jan 2007 - Santa Fe - 5 days, 4 nights

Jan 2008 - Cheyenne - 8 days, 7 nights

Jan 2009 - Cheyenne - 11 days, 10 nights

September 2009 - Santa Fe - 3 days, 2 nights

Next trip - Cheyenne - 6th December - 5 days, 4 nights

RnRCj

Quote from: "bekiboo26"I know it's a bit early, but does anyone know if POTC will be closed in january? And if so, on what dates?

I don't want to book for january until i know dates of POTC closures, as it's our favourite ride!
I'd wait until the dates are announced if I were you. Pirates was closed last January so there is a chance it'll be closed this January too. The closure dates will probably be announced around September/October.

bekiboo26

Thanks - i think i'll have to wait then. We went in January and it was only open on our first day there  :(  We really missed it for the rest of the time we were there so don't want that to happen again  :wink:
Jan 2007 - Santa Fe - 5 days, 4 nights

Jan 2008 - Cheyenne - 8 days, 7 nights

Jan 2009 - Cheyenne - 11 days, 10 nights

September 2009 - Santa Fe - 3 days, 2 nights

Next trip - Cheyenne - 6th December - 5 days, 4 nights

WillN

(Note: this post could be a bit off topic, I'm not sure)

According to DLRP's official site, POTC will be closed when we'll be there in March... :(

We have pre-booked the half board plus and wanted to eat once at the Blue Lagoon because we thought we could get a table by the ride and watch the boats and some of the AA while having lunch. However, since the ride will be closed, will the restaurant still be open? If so, is it worth with the ride not operating? I've seen a couple of posts in the previous page (from 2008) which say opposite things, so I'm not sure which one has the correct answer.

We want to make the reservations for the restaurants before we leave, so probably they'll inform us when we call, anyway, but since we're still choosing we wondered if anyone here already knew it.

Many thanks in advance!  :)
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.