Pirates of the Carribean | official topic

Started by Owain, January 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clashstyles

I think that they should get jack sparrow at DLRP but only in one scene like at the end of the ride by replacing one of the Skelton scenes. people will think the ride has ended but suddenly they see jack sparrow! I was thinking maybe the scene with him swinging on his chair or maybe something totally new. By doing this we would keep people happy by having a little bit of jack but also DLRP keeping its uniqueness :D

danwills

Quote from: "Reiana"I don't like the idea of having Jack in our POTC.
At the moment our POTC is unique and original and it should stay that way.
Of course, I understand pepole who have visited other Disney Parks may ask, "Where is Jack", but is this that important?
In my opinion, in a few years, let's say 10 years, nobody really remembers the movies anymore and Jack will be just another Animatronic among the others.

I think adding Jack could only add to the experience of the attraction, movie links added to any attraction make them popular with visitors as guests want to experience the films they have watched, so i don't see how you come to these conclusions that it wont be a good idea, and i doubt Disney would create anything but a masterpiece with the inclusion of Sparrow.

(Sorry if i sounded opinionated, just am new to this.)

penfold12

I agree. POTC is a classic, and yes the films were inspired by the attraction, and it came first, but there is a whole genreation of guests that know the films first. I took my nephew last summer, and he was so excited about going on POTC. He is 8 yrs old, and was bitterly let down by the ride, as his expectation was totaly different than people who new the ride before the film. By adding Jack, it is keeping the attraction upto date, while ensuring its roots are still alive

The Butlin Boy

Another improvement in POTC, according to dlp.info:

QuotePlussing

In its 17th year of operation the Disneyland Resort Paris to continue to plus the experience of the guests. Some of it is being touted as new (such as new attractions as "Stitch Live!", new entertainment as "Enchanted Fireworks", or new amenities as the new spa at the Disneyland Hotel or the new Empire State Club at Disney's Hotel New York) - but there are also small and not so small improvements all over the resort that are not announced in a big way. Examples?
There is the major redesign of the main road at the Disney Village which now features grown in tree, hedges, planters and terraces for the restaurants. Want something in the parks? Let's take a look at the immensly popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" attraction, which got a new effect added in the segment after the first lift hill: below the (now once again) swinging pirate fog is drifting across the ballustrade further enhancing the mood. Walking around the parks and the resort with open ideas frequent guests will be able to identify numerous similar "small" or not so small changes improving guest experience - and that is on top of regular maintenance that has noteable improved in the past years.

Good to hear that they are adding new effects and trying to improve such a classic ride, as well as focussing on other attractions :mrgreen:

Link: http://www.dlp.info/Guide/News-And-Rumo ... nr=546#546

Anthony

They make it sound rather more dramatic than it is... Just a minute wisp of fog coming over the wall, and sometimes nothing. Seems to be the now annual "Something has changed at POTC!!!" breaking news.

The attraction is in really amazing shape at the moment though. The only major thing not working is the cog wheel on the lift hill, and that pretty much never works... Good job DLRP. :)

Nicholas-c

Its the little things that count ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

nathan.jackson

Is the fog thing there now or are they putting it on for the 17th? That would be cool!

If it is on now, does anyone have any photos?

ColdSun

Love the ride as it is but I agree with some others here that adding Jack could actually enhance the atmosphere of the whole thing. I don't mean they should put him in every corner but just 1 or 2 animated dolls that people can have fun spotting would be great :).

RockNRoller

Why just Jack I say. Why not replace the red head with Kierra Knightley [-o<
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Anthony

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Why just Jack I say. Why not replace the red head with Kierra Knightley [-o<
Because she's not a redhead! 'La Rouquine' should stay!

La Square-Jawed Brunette just isn't the same. :wink:

madame_leota

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "RockNRoller"Why just Jack I say. Why not replace the red head with Kierra Knightley [-o<
Because she's not a redhead! 'La Rouquine' should stay!

La Square-Jawed Brunette just isn't the same. :wink:

we wants the stick insect, we wants the stick insect. :D

sorry thats just what came to mind when i read that... :)

i think to have jack added to a couple of the scenes could be a good idea but could also be disaterous - looking at a video of how absolutly awsome the jack sparrow animatronics are does anyone think that it might make the rest of the attraction look dated? Not saying it defently would but its just a thought...

[youtube:3tf3e69n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTQ5eWBlApY[/youtube:3tf3e69n]

its not that i dont absolutly love it, i dont think it looks dated. But with super new jack it might show the rest up a bit?

swity

Nice video!!!Although I think there is no need for adding Jack Sparrow, it would be kind of funny. And I loved that Davy Jones... I think adding Davy Jones would be great.
I have to confess after seeing this video I changed my opinion. It would be nice to see some movie characters!

madame_leota

Quote from: "swity"And I loved that Davy Jones... I think adding Davy Jones would be great.

yeah it looks amazing dosent it, i was well impressed with that.

Now dont get me wrong, i would love it still if they did update it and it would be great for the park too. Adverts - 'Come face to face with jack sparrow - ride our all new updated POTC and blah blah'

However im just wondering if the other pirates would look a bit mechanical and dated next to the new jack. He looks so so real and the way he moves and stuff its actualy pretty freaky.

swity

Quote from: "madame_leota"However im just wondering if the other pirates would look a bit mechanical and dated next to the new jack. He looks so so real and the way he moves and stuff its actualy pretty freaky.

There you might be right. But they could try to let Jack look more old-fashioned then if you know what I mean. If they wouldn't try to let him look like the real Jake but more like all the other characters in the ride it could work.

Nala_84

Haha thanks for the video madame_leota, it's absolutely brilliant :mrgreen: With awesome and funny Johnny :)

I personally would love to have such great Jack Sparrow animatronics at our POTC. I don't think they would destroy the atmosphere or anything, there's still everything of the former ride...  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]