Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

And look for Nine-Eyes who is hidden somewhere in the ride, I've been told she's in there as a tribute to the old Visionnarium, just like the tradition in Disney when an attraction replace another (cf Pooh replacing Country Bears in DL)
Hug it out bitch !

The Butlin Boy

DLRP.fr have got loads of pictures of on and off of the ride:

For the que, click here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=502
And for the on-ride pics, click here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=503
P.S. Here is the astro blasters manual that is in the laser blast que:

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

Sorry, but I think this is a bad show. I can't understand why the don't notice these kind of things themeselves. I mean, they even create the smallest details like Hidden Mickeys at our unique entrance, but to fix these small errors is to much to ask. On the other hand, if you look through the eyes of a normal guest... "Astro Blaster" can stand for the pistol itself which is shown just below the name?!  :)

By the way, it's great to hear that they have created a tribute to Le Visionarium. Nice to see that Disney has a tradition of new rides saluting the rides who got replaced.  8)

Dlrpfan

Like the short vid makes me want 2 go there even sooner!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

QuoteI understand that a Victorian Space Mountain wouldn't fit at all, and that most of the guests don't even recognise the Space Mountain of the other parks in this paintings. Perhaps they should have made some new paintings, but on the other hand; it would have been more expensive insteed of copying. They did probably the right thing.

Buzz Lightyear Star Command was just on tv, and guess what I noticed... that Space Mountain-like space ship is actually the mother ship in that cartoon... So that makes sense.  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"On the other hand, if you look through the eyes of a normal guest... "Astro Blaster" can stand for the pistol itself which is shown just below the name?!  :)
I think this is why it's there.  They're not so cheap that they couldn't be bothered to change the name - they've altered things to put them into French language elsewhere, and just look at the amount of effort put into the outside of the building.  I think "Astro Blaster" sounds better than "Laser Blaster" really, and it could also be seen as a small salute to the other versions of the attraction.

Quote from: "Kinou"And look for Nine-Eyes who is hidden somewhere in the ride, I've been told she's in there as a tribute to the old Visionnarium, just like the tradition in Disney when an attraction replace another (cf Pooh replacing Country Bears in DL)
If this is true, I will be SO happy! :D

The ride looks pretty much as I expected, and the people seem to be enjoying it.  I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself, I think it might actually be one of my favourite rides in terms of how fun and re-ridable it is.  :)

kate

hi

i never did le vis...... would love to look out for nine eyes so no idea what she looks like - could someone post a pic??  thanks
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

9-Eye is in the old Le Visionarium poster:

She was a floating robot with 9 cameras, due to the fact that circle-vision attractions have 9 screens. :wink:

Here's a quick video of the soft openings: http://www.dailymotion.com/obiwan_dcp/video/82187 (by Obiwan from DCP)

Buzz's speach is quite long, and it seems the queue is moving quite fast at that point, meaning most people won't get to see it all, especially not in both languages.  The difference in his voice between the French and English versions is a bit weird too.  I know they can't do anything about that, but it just looks strange. :wink:

Dlrpfan

The poster still creeps me out!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

I've just found another hidden mickey:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I can't help but think that all those people waiting for the PA Dream and Shareholder "previews" will be a little bit annoyed...

You mean the very same people who would cry "foul" during and after their "exclusive" preview because of long lines, bumpy safety procedures and the CMs not being trained to handle crowds on the new ride?

Please, give me a break...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"You mean the very same people who would cry "foul" during and after their "exclusive" preview because of long lines, bumpy safety procedures and the CMs not being trained to handle crowds on the new ride?

Please, give me a break...
By doing these previews, though, lots of AP holders and Shareholders are already complaining.  It's a catch-22 situation: if they didn't do the previews, they'd complain because it wasn't running very well.  If they do the previews, they all complain because they were meant to be "first"... There's pretty much no way out for DLRP.

Maybe they should have told the shareholders and AP holders at the time of announcing their preview dates, that these were part of a series of soft openings?  They should labelled the previews as "exclusive ride time" or something, rather than some kind of "ride it first" event.

Patrick

Or maybe even better these stupid AP Holders and Shareholders should realise how a theme park operates its new rides :P .  After all they do need time to get used to operating it can't just open it on opening day and then have everything working fantastic without a couple of weeks experience on it.  Also its very good word of mouth from day visitors to go and tell their friends about these cool new attraction they have ridden in Disneyland Resort Paris, meaning more people arrive at the park, meaning more profit, pretty good strategy of operating the soft openings really :wink: .

Anthony

The trouble is, the AP holders and Shareholders obviously don't realise the ride needs to be tested before they get their critical hands on it. (check out dlp.info for complaints, lol)  They definately should have mentioned that their previews would be part of a wider soft-opening season, I think.

There's videos from inside the attraction on http://www.dlrp.fr now.  I can't watch them because I'm at college, but I think I'll give it a miss anyway, or I'll get to DLRP and will have already seen the attraction in so much detail that there's nothing left to discover...

Has anyone heard any more about soft openings?  Did they take place yesterday (Sunday), and will there be any during this week?

The Butlin Boy

Just incase anyone is interested, here are some pictures of the disabled guest vehicle:

Here is the rope pulled to open the vehicle.

As you can see, it is bulkier than the other vehicles and has a slightly different design.

Here it is open.

And here is a normal one.