Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

From what I've heard at the resort, this project is running behind schedule already. No idea how credible this is considering how little there is to do in 10 whole months. TOT however is a bit ahead of plans. All a bit confusing to me.  :roll:

I'm sure the gap will be filled, but even if it isn't, a small view of the castle will beat the BTM view we currently have (as long as this will still be covered of course). There's more space there than I have bargained for if honest. Maybe it wont seem so small afterall.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Kristof

That thing on the foreground looks like one of the oasis elements.  :idea:  :)

Edit: Crush's Coaster photo should be in the Crush's Coaster topic.

The Butlin Boy

As you can see on one the photos posted the other day, signs similar to the ones previously used at Laser Blast have appeared on the blue wall directing people to the flying carpets:

In the second photo there seems to be alot of space between each of the signs so does anyone think that they may soon start to advertise the Toon Studio and it's attractions on the wall soon :?:

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"

The people at DLRP.fr say that the darker "O" and "H" as you can see, is some sort of joke from the Imagineers towards the fans about the lack of maintenance sometimes at the Flying Carpets sign above the entrance. Actually, the first thing that came me in mind was the wink towards the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign...  :)

The Butlin Boy

Lots of wires have appeared "on set" at the toon studio!

Kristof

QuoteThe people at DLRP.fr say that the darker "O" and "H" as you can see, is some sort of joke from the Imagineers towards the fans about the lack of maintenance sometimes at the Flying Carpets sign above the entrance. Actually, the first thing that came me in mind was the wink towards the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign... Smile

DLRP.fr says a lot of stuff that isn't true.  There's a reason why they are on the DLRP blacklist.  Those signs are designed by the creative team (the ones that are also responisble for Extraordinet and the brochures), they don't give a damn about inside jokes.  :roll:

Kristof

The oasis area is coming together nicely:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/t ... ion?page=1

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"

Like I said at the Tower of Terror topic; thanks for making these great pictures. I was especially thrilled with the pic I quoted above. You can clearly see how the infrastructure will become here... It just made me wonder; why couldn't they do this while constructing the Studios? I can imagine that the Studios will become more cozy with these smaller paths. Thank God they will get rid of the plain concrete/asphalt zones (at least in this part of the park)...

penfold12

I presume the new oval areas are to fillef with palm trees/sand etc?

Kristof

yes indeed, and if I recall well, they're going to look like sanddunes.  :D  :)

Sam

Hopefully parts of the placemaking (like the dunes around Carpets) will be open earlier then april next year.

Kristof

From http://www.wdsfans.com

Disneytheque.com posted a photo of the fast growing Agrabah Oasis, which has now received a layer of sand-coloured concrete!

The Flying Carpets over Agrabah is receiving an additional Oasis area, as originally intented by the Imagineers.

Maarten

Is this the color we will find throughout the entire Toon Studio area or is this just part of the Oasis area? It looks like a warm color, much better then the grey asphalt/concrete. At least I hope they will keep it as clean as possible. I can already see it becoming dirty like the yellow concrete in front of the Flying Carpets.  :wink:

Kristof

That's the colour for the Flying Carpets/oasis area.  The rest of the area is supposed to get different flooring.