Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

Thats one big construction wall! It really hides the carpet ride too! Are these walls staying up untill the new area opens do you think? Or will the be pushed back and scaled down as construction moves forward?

Anthony

I think they'll stay there - Cars Race Rally and the scenery around it is going to fill a lot of that space next to Art of Disney.  Infact, the scenery from it will probably almost reach right up to that wall.

I like your idea of bubbles raptor, hehe.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do put some sea turtles swimming across there, a bit like the little green men on Buzz's walls.

I can't be sure, but I *think* Cars is mentioned very discretely elsewhere in the park...  :P

Kristof

Here's an idea how it could look like... Sorry for the bad Photoshopping :lol:

RnRCj

Bad Photoshopping? To me that looks real!

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Bad Photoshopping? To me that looks real!
It'll be on another forum within the hour, with someone who doesn't quite understand English saying "they're advertising Crush in the park already!!"

So yeah, good photoshopping!

On a totally different note - do you think they'll add anything extra behind Flying Carpets next year (like an extra 2nd backdrop), so you can't see the Disneyland Hotel?

Kris

To confirm what you said about the Cars mention Baloo, there is a small sign as you walk in to Studio 1 that says Cars is coming soon to Walt Disney Studios Park... or somthing. And no I don't mean the huge poster on the front of the building!

I love how Crush will hide Frontierland's BTM, so Flying Carpets really does need something similar to hide the Disneyland Hotel for sure. I've never been a fan of the backdrop. Maybe we can get something more natural-looking to go with the oasis idea?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"To confirm what you said about the Cars mention Baloo, there is a small sign as you walk in to Studio 1 that says Cars is coming soon to Walt Disney Studios Park... or somthing. And no I don't mean the huge poster on the front of the building!
Haha, I guess we need to pray that they don't decide to keep the billboard there until June next year.  After advertising the film, it could be a good advert for the new ride...

But do you mean the clapperboard in the middle of the entrance doors?

:arrow: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/a ... c07235.jpg

I think that's advertising the film at the moment.  Wouldn't be hard to add in a few extra words about "race rally" though...  Maybe we shouldn't give them ideas?

Quote from: "Kris"I love how Crush will hide Frontierland's BTM, so Flying Carpets really does need something similar to hide the Disneyland Hotel for sure. I've never been a fan of the backdrop. Maybe we can get something more natural-looking to go with the oasis idea?
This isn't natural-looking, but how about a continuation of the Toon Town backdrop that's going over the other side of the land?  That way it'd seem like the whole toon town world is really surrounding you.

Kris

That's the one. Being a fan I imediately assumed it was for the ride, but with no "Race Rally" (awesome name) it could easily mean both.

Where else did you think Cars had been promoted... unless I'm being really blonde in not realising you're on about the chuffin big poster?!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

I was being sarcastic about how unnecessarily huge that poster is. :D

But yeah, at the moment it does seem to just be for the film, but if they leave it there until June next year then it'll be for the attraction... which is very worrying.  We need Studio 1 back for the 15th!  And no Ratatouille or Meet the Robinsons, pleeeease!!!

btw - I really like the Race Rally name now aswell...

Fantillusion

Yeah I know, Because when i was there on the 15th my family asked me if this was a cars ride we were walking into! (They didnt notice the clipboard)

Thanks
Fanti
-Craig

Anthony

New refurbishment dates for 2007 have just been released (working on getting them on my site as we speak, if anyone's interested), and it appears Flying Carpets Over Agrabah will be closed from the 5th to 23rd March 2007!

So they must be needing to do something quite major to it perhaps?

Edit: Oh, and Animagique is closed for 5 days in November... Not really long enough for anything major I guess.

Nala_84

Thanks for the closure dates, Baloo  :)

I've already looked for June 2007 and in general, I'm d'accord with the dates. I guess we'll visit DLRP in the first week of June, so it's a pity that Alice has closed, but the other attractions are more important though ;)! So I hope Autopia will be open so that we can finally go on it!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Take a closer look at the Disneytheque.com photo.  You can see the castle in the distance.  It makes me wonder how they will hide it from TS?  :?

Kristof

Quote from: "WDSfans"Today, 14th August 2006, should hopefully mark the start of fullscale work on the Toon Studio transformation project with the first "coup de pioche"! La Rouquine on Disney Central Plaza forum reports backstage sightings of the huge new flagstones, carring "vibrant" colours, which will replace the asphalt flooring of the land.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Take a closer look at the Disneytheque.com photo.  You can see the castle in the distance.  It makes me wonder how they will hide it from TS?  :?
I didn't realise that was the castle!  The gap between Flying Carpets and Crush is going to be very dodgy though.  Earlier concepts showed the Carpets backdrop almost touching the Crush showbuilding and the two lining up very nicely...

I think the least they'll do is plant some more trees behind there.  The Frontierland berm needs a lot more too.  At most?  Maybe some extra backdrops, perhaps for Toon Town or maybe other random Disney films?  A bit like that early concept for Mickey's Trailer: