Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

:D/  :shock:  :o  :o  is all i have to say lol
this new idea realy looks goos. like the idea of the mickey statue and the toon hill.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

experiment627

Now that doesn't look to shabby. This could turn out to be the first true "Disney" experience opening at the Resort since Space Mountain '95...

Next year could turn out to be really exciting...

(Might I just add: why didn't we get something like that back in 2002?)

Nala_84

I've already seen this ;) But as you've said, there's the old Toon Town logo to see at least--But that would look so good, I think! So hollywoodlike and disneylike anyways :)

Hm, are there only photolocations in the background (I see the Incredible-Sign and Mickey's Trailer) or also a shop/restaurant or something?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kris

All looks very promising and is exactly what WDS needs, but concept art always does fill gaps that are left clear in reality. Hope it's going to be close to the pic though! Interesting how the Toon Town sign will cover the Imaginations costume building. Good move
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"All looks very promising and is exactly what WDS needs, but concept art always does fill gaps that are left clear in reality.
True, but then I don't think this one features anything too unrealistic.  Of course they've set it at nighttime again and added in extra searchlights and things which probably won't be there (or be visable during the day) on the finished product, but overall I think everything in the picture will happen, at least.  It's a very realistic and acheivable concept art, I think.

Disneytheque have posted a slightly larger version too: http://www.disneytheque.com/phototheque ... 13/001.jpg

Kris

Sure is going to be tight in there and what's the photolocation with the big star? Looks like a mouse standing in front of it  :?

I hope they cover Studio 4 properly and it doesn't turn into another Studio 1 poster. Those searchlights really would look lovely if we can stretch the budget that far. They do create a great atosphere!

Can anyone tell what the splat of water is on the side of Crush? Is it a live effect?

Kristof

More from Peter Bell on Micechat:

QuoteA few more details have come to light since the piece was posted yesterday - the food cart visible at the rear of Toon Studios, beside the gateway to Toon Town, is in fact being towed by Goofy's car. The idea is that Goofy is responsible for the catering at Toon Studios, and he's backed the food stall into the wall. If you look very closely, you'll see some damage to the plasterwork. This raises the question of what will happen to Mickey's trailer, which was supposed to occupy that spot. My guess is that it will stay in its current location between Cinémagique and Disney Channel until further notice. There is no construction scheduled for this area for the next few years, and the Production Courtyard is otherwise void of photo opportunities. (With the exception of the outdoor stage show.)

The other thing worth noting is that the concept artwork may not show everything that is to be included in the finished section. In particular, the section of wall with the paint stain beside Crush's Turtle Twister should be a lot more interesting when it's actually built. I'm told the Imagineers are determined to use every inch of available space, and every opportunity at their disposal to make this an engageing and lively area of the park. I don't know the details, but you can be sure there will be more than a big splash of paint decorating the side of the building.

Kris

This sounds too good to be true lol, I love it. Seems like someone got the message about detail in WDS

RnRCj

I really hope this all goes to plan. There are some fantastic ideas that would really liven up the studios, and it would fill in all the things that were left out when the studios was built.

All we need now is a Splash Mountain in Disneyland Park!  :wink:

Kristof

From http://www.wdsfans.com

QuoteA new name is reportedly being considered for the Cars attraction, coming in 2007. "Cars Radiator Springs Spin Out", as how it is currently known, is according to insiders considered being called "Cars Race Rally".

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"From http://www.wdsfans.com

QuoteA new name is reportedly being considered for the Cars attraction, coming in 2007. "Cars Radiator Springs Spin Out", as how it is currently known, is according to insiders considered being called "Cars Race Rally".

Sounds good to me! :)

Kristof

And the name has now been confirmed by DLRP itself!

Quote from: "www.wdsfans.com"Cars: Race Rally, the possible name for the Cars attraction as we reported below, has been confirmed, as it appears on the official Walt Disney Studios Park website!

Check out the official Cars Ride webpage here: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/explo ... 140606.htm

The Butlin Boy

Interesting news about the website, the only thing that I don't understnad is that if they are advertising Cars on the website, why aren't they advertising the tower of terror, crush's turtle twister, 15th aniversary events, new parades and the animation courtyard changes? :?

experiment627

Maybe because the movie is now out - and they are still figuring out the details for next year's celebration? Just a thought...

I find it more interesting that they're announcing the ride for June 2007...

Anthony

"Cars: Race Rally"?  Awful name.  Lightning McQueen is a NASCAR car, isn't he?  That's different to rally cars... Oh well, I hope this is another "Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure" situation.  "Radiator Springs Spinout", despite being one of the new breed of overly-long Disney attraction names that I loath so much, gave you a good idea of what the attraction was aswell as rolling off the tongue very nicely.  "Race Rally" implies something like Autopia, sounds cheap and doesn't fit in with the style of cars seen in "Cars", in my opinion.

It's good (and very very surprising) they're advertising the ride already though.  This is a massive step forward for DLRP, who usually miss opportunities like this.

Quote from: "experiment627"I find it more interesting that they're announcing the ride for June 2007...
Indeed - I've had it set in my mind for a while now that Toon Studios won't open until at least May, so I guess this confirms a June opening.  It's probably a good idea - not only do they not have to rush to finish, but they can pad out the 15th celebration even more.  Each new event/attraction will have an initial buzz and then trail off after a while, so after the new DLP parade and general "15th" buzz in April, they'll be wanting something new around about June.

Very very funny to see them advertise an attraction when they haven't even started on the foundations for it yet, though... :lol: :lol:

Edit: The page is good, but when you read it again there's very little there.  They don't even mention that it's in Walt Disney Studios!!  They could have also put a line in saying "CARS: Race Rally is part of the exciting new Toon Studios area, which will also feature the brand new, exclusive Crush's Turtle Twister indoor spinning roller coaster attraction".  Would have made more of an impact on people reading, and they'd know where the attraction is, so they can find out more.