Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Fresh from this weekend:

The others photos are right here...

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/t ... ion?page=1

Maarten

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing...

The photos made me wonder; is the building of Crush's Turtle Twister (Studio 4) going to be made out of steel (like at Rock 'n RollerCoaster and Armageddon) or out of concrete (like Studio 1,2,3 etc.)?

I hope it will be made out of concrete. First of all, concrete will fit in better with the surrounding buildings (although the Imaginations building isn't made out of concrete), a yellow colour looks warmer than some gray metalic walls, and because it doesn't look as cheap to me...  :roll:

Kristof

It will be yellow for sure with a bow at the top like the Studio 1-2-3 buildings, so I guess it will be made of concrete.

The Butlin Boy

New for 2007:
CRUSH'S PIDGEON TWISTER :D

:arrow: //http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1161/toon21tj.jpg

Dlrpfan

LOL  :lol:
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Construction on the roof has begun:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=612

Maarten

I was just reading over at Jim Hill Media that a book named "The Art of Cars" has been released. When I scrolled down the page, I saw some beautiful art they should use at the Cars attraction at Toon Studios. It really gives you an idea about how the atmosphere of the attraction hopefully is going to be.

Can we expect a nice billboard like this one? At least I hope so!  8)

Source: //http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/roger_colton/archive/2006/06/01/2683.aspx

Ofcourse I know this should be in the Imagineering forum, but I felt it isn't woth a new topic overthere. I hope you guys are okay with that.

By the way, I was wondering if the road between Cars and Crush's Turtle Twister is getting a name? I hope they will add a sign with Dopey Drive on it... that would be a nice tribute to the real Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank. What do you think?

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Ofcourse I know this should be in the Imagineering forum, but I felt it isn't woth a new topic overthere. I hope you guys are okay with that.
I'm fine with it! :wink:

The cool thing right now is that, with Cars gearing up for release (sorry, bad pun), we're finally getting to see the look and feel of this film.  Like you said - these things could feature in the WDS attraction.  I personally really love everything I've seen of the "Radiator Springs" environment already.  It looks superb, perhaps one of Pixar's best creations yet.  I really can imagine a large billboard with that image you posted, welcoming guests to the Radiator Springs area of Toon Studios... perfect!

I don't think they're going to do this, but don't you think a Cars Showroom would be a good idea for a boutique?  (yes, this really should be in the Imagineering forum now, shouldn't it? :) )  A bit like Main Street Motors in DLP, but actually selling motor-related products.  I guess it could also double as a bit of a Moteurs... Action! store too.  Perhaps if Cars is a big hit we'll see the Radiator Springs area expanded a bit?  It seems like a really strong, fun theme already.

I like the idea of naming the street Dopey Drive, but I'm not sure if it would fit with their choice of attractions in this area of Toon Studios.  Maybe something like "Lasseter Lane" would be better?  :wink:

Back across to Crush's Turtle Twister, take a look at THIS:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=637

Now it's really taking shape!  Those walls went up very fast, perhaps we can expect the entire ride to be enclosed much sooner than expected?  It's a shame that means there'll be nothing much for us to see, though.  :lol:

Dlrpfan

in some of the pics you can see a big D in the background in a building. I was wondering if anyone knows what that building is used for
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"in some of the pics you can see a big D in the background in a building. I was wondering if anyone knows what that building is used for
That's the ImagiNations building, a backstage building built in around 2000/2001 mainly for use by the costuming department.  When you go past the costumes and costuming workshop on the Studio Tram Tour, it's the back of this building that you pass by.

And you might already know this, but just to break the magic more - the costumes you see them working on in there are CM and EPC costumes, not actual movie costumes.  It's just another one of the WDS lies!! lol  :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I don't think they're going to do this, but don't you think a Cars Showroom would be a good idea for a boutique?  (yes, this really should be in the Imagineering forum now, shouldn't it? :) )  A bit like Main Street Motors in DLP, but actually selling motor-related products.

Well, uhm... wouldn't it be almost the same as the gasstation facade/store at Studio 1 when it comes to theming? I guess that Finding Nemo merchandising will sell better then some motor-related products. Although I like your idea very much, I'm not really sure if it will work from a business point of view.  :)

QuoteI like the idea of naming the street Dopey Drive, but I'm not sure if it would fit with their choice of attractions in this area of Toon Studios.  Maybe something like "Lasseter Lane" would be better?  :wink:

Lol!  :D

Well, Dopey Drive stands for the classic animation in my opinion. Toon Studios is already a mismatch of themes, just like it is supposed to be at a studio backlot. I don't see any problem...  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Well, uhm... wouldn't it be almost the same as the gasstation facade/store at Studio 1 when it comes to theming? I guess that Finding Nemo merchandising will sell better then some motor-related products. Although I like your idea very much, I'm not really sure if it will work from a business point of view.  :)
I forgot about Last Chance Gas!  :roll: I think they've got all the Cars merchandise in there already actually...

If you look back at the plans for the Cars attraction, though, you can see the queue line goes through a building which looks a lot like that Last Chance Gas/Gossip Column facade, so it'll be interesting to see if it's actually built that way.

A Nemo store would be far better from a business point of view, yes, which just makes it even more confusing why they aren't building one!  :roll:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"A Nemo store would be far better from a business point of view, yes, which just makes it even more confusing why they aren't building one!  :roll:

Would it be possible for Disney to still change or add some plans at the building site? In other words; would it still be possible for Disney to let the workmen build a structure next to the exit of the new Studio 4?  :?

experiment627

Seriously, do you really think that the park needs another store?

(Considering that there will be one at the exit of ToT ... if they haven't cut that out of the plans, that is.)

Anthony

Yes!

Ok, so the park may already have two huge shops at the entrance, but what about the actual park?  All we have is the *tiny* Disney Animation Gallery and the fairly average (and also hard to get to if you don't want to go on the ride) "Rock Around The Shop".  Not only would the underwater theme be good for a new store, but I think Toon Studios will be crying out for a boutique when it opens.  Production Courtyard doesn't have any stores at all, so the ToT store will fill the gap there.

I know WDS needs restaurants more desperately than boutiques, but I think once you're out of Studio 1 and into the main park, there's a really serious lack of stores and non-attraction "things".  Disneyland Park divides up the attractions with restaurants, shops and great themeing.  Walt Disney Studios just has a series of attractions in dull buildings with not a lot inbetween.  An extra store would help to make Toon Studios into more a real Disney "land", with more to do than just attractions.

Quote from: "Maarten"Would it be possible for Disney to still change or add some plans at the building site? In other words; would it still be possible for Disney to let the workmen build a structure next to the exit of the new Studio 4?
The exit of the ride is right where the ride comes out of the building and then takes the dip across the front, so I don't think there would be room there.  I was hoping that perhaps a store could be located underneath the dip at the front, but it seems quite unlikely.

I don't want to see Toon Studios ruined with more of those horrible merchandise trucks they have in Backlot and on Disney Bros. Plaza...  :(